Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

THRUXTON MOTORSPORT CELEBRATION
Calendar: Historic Racing
Mike Bell
Race Official

1 Jun 2019 to 2 Jun 2019 07:30 to 18:00
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings

Announced so far, 2019 will include HSCC Formula Junior races, U2TC, 3 MRL grids plus HRDC grids.

Old 21 May 2019, 15:33 (Ref:3905078)   #16
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Me and Colin are on the FJ entry list if that helps . 😀. I had my first FJ race at Thruxton 35 years ago . Will find a picture and post as I know you will all be very interested 🤣
Old 21 May 2019, 17:16 (Ref:3905095)   #17
Alan Morgan
Subscriber
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Recently, Iain and I have been reminiscing about a race we did in F4 in 1978 at Thruxton. Happy days and a great circuit to drive in a single seater. The 1978 race in question resulted in the late Pete Smith (of PDS transmissions) inverting his Palliser at the complex on the first lap. The car was left there on the track for the whole race - no red flag, no safety car, just "use your common sense, guys".

The race winner (Ian Briggs) set a new lap record despite the obstruction. He'd probably have got points on his licence for that these days.

Aah - we were tough back then...

Anyway - Thruxton is one of the most challenging circuits in the UK. Enjoy!
Old 27 May 2019, 17:54 (Ref:3906367)   #18
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any entry lists available?
But all whom you love my thought shall weigh as a cloud of Doom, and it shall bring them down into darkness and despair. Wherever they go, evil shall arise. Wherever they speak, their words shall bring ill counsel-Children of Hurin
Old 27 May 2019, 20:09 (Ref:3906384)   #19
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!
Not seen any yet...

BARC event page on the website has a link to 'entry list' but it just opens a new window of the same page!

MRL haven't published anything yet which is surprising. I haven't checked the Group 1 of Group A sections on Facepalm yet though. Ken Clarke is normally pretty good at sharing info when he gets it.

It might be partly because BARC were waiting on any possible late entries after Brands Masters and and the Silverstone HSCC meeting the previous week.
Old 29 May 2019, 11:02 (Ref:3906701)   #20
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!
3 days to go and still nowt!

Find it very surprising, unless of course, the races are short on entries?

Hope not, really been looking forward to attending with my 2 lads.
Old 29 May 2019, 11:42 (Ref:3906707)   #21
kipper
Veteran

England
Northampton
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
3 days to go and still nowt!.
BARC are the quickest at publishing entry lists. To illustrate the point, they also haven't published them for this weekend's meetings at Donington and Silverstone.
Old 29 May 2019, 16:54 (Ref:3906777)   #22
justracing
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
BARC are the quickest at publishing entry lists. To illustrate the point, they also haven't published them for this weekend's meetings at Donington and Silverstone.
Was that "aren't"?
Old 30 May 2019, 10:42 (Ref:3906932)   #23
Willmaz223
Veteran

Motor Racing Legends entries on Website.

Its on the 'Entries and Results' page.

Apologies for not providing link as on phone.

Only 13 HTCC cars.Good mix though.

Last edited by Willmaz223; 30 May 2019 at 10:43. Reason: Added bit.
But all whom you love my thought shall weigh as a cloud of Doom, and it shall bring them down into darkness and despair. Wherever they go, evil shall arise. Wherever they speak, their words shall bring ill counsel-Children of Hurin
Old 30 May 2019, 10:58 (Ref:3906934)   #24
Mike Crow
Rookie

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's a very disappointing entry for the MRL grids. Especially as they each have two 40 min races. I had hoped for better support for the event this year. Sad to see
Old 30 May 2019, 12:43 (Ref:3906952)   #25
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Crow View Post
That's a very disappointing entry for the MRL grids. Especially as they each have two 40 min races. I had hoped for better support for the event this year. Sad to see
Lots of track time.Odd to see really.13 cars for HTCC is pretty poor realy.Maybe its the event or the circuit is not appealing.H
Old 30 May 2019, 12:47 (Ref:3906954)   #26
GCCheddaris
Racer

GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It will be interesting to see the entry for next weeks Dunlop Saloon Car Cup race at Donington next week .

Unfortunately since the beginning of May there have been high profile Historic meetings at Donington , Silverstone and Brands Hatch and with the Masters meeting at Donington next week as well the stuffing seems to have been knocked out of the MRL entries at Thruxton .
Old 30 May 2019, 12:50 (Ref:3906956)   #27
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

England
Mallory Park
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think ne of the problems is the lack of testing.
Like for like its the fastest circuit in the country and you want a car that's well set up unless you like the countryside
Old 30 May 2019, 12:59 (Ref:3906958)   #28
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Crow View Post
What a shame, most of the main hardy supporters of the HTCC series have entered and good for them but as usual those who are only interested in showing off at big meetings aren't bothering. The entry is smaller than last year which is a worry. The entry was opened up to let the Sierra Cosworth and in yet they don't bother. Only 1 GrA & 1 Gr2 Rover but no Gr1 Rovers? There's loads of M3's out there yet not one entered?! Staggering.

Ok, I am aware of a few who might have entered are having to save the pennies this year but Thruxton is a legendary UK touring car venue and should get a full grid! it was a well attended by the public last year too.

It is more likely though that there are too many big hysteric meetings scheduled one week after the next through may and June. Competitors who own more than one car will have to choose where they go. People like John Spiers and Patrick Watts can run more than 1 type of car at Thruxton but people who normally do the Spa or Dijon events won't do Thruxton if it risks them having to miss the overseas events.

I mean why did the Masters organisers put on a Donington meeting the week after Thruxton and that has had races cancelled! The big Brands meeting has only just gone!

I don't think i've ever seen a U2TC entry as low as this. Ever.

The main organisers and clubs really need to consult with each other better in time for next year to avoid this sort of fixture pile up continuing.

Rant over!
Old 30 May 2019, 13:01 (Ref:3906959)   #29
GCCheddaris
Racer

GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are test sessions tomorrow afternoon . Last year's HTCC races didn't have that much larger grids ( fifteen or sixteen from memory ) and still provided an entertaining spectacle .
Old 30 May 2019, 13:09 (Ref:3906960)   #30
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCheddaris View Post
There are test sessions tomorrow afternoon . Last year's HTCC races didn't have that much larger grids ( fifteen or sixteen from memory ) and still provided an entertaining spectacle .
Well, yes but last year should have had 20+! That's what I was told would happen...

Maybe a few late entries will materialise.

Donington Beg May
Silverstone Mid May
Brands End May is enough already over 4 weeks.

There should then be a good 4 week gap to the next biggish historic meeting in the UK let alone those Peter Auto events.

More effort should be made to get that lot to join up with a UK round.

Thruxton could have a later June slot leaving plenty of time before the Silverstone Classic.

Masters Donington always used to be later in the year, September?

That could follow nicely after the Oulton Gold Cup.

Then the HSCC finals in October rounds off a good year with decent prep/repair gaps in between the events.

HSCC Donington late March/early April
MRL Donington Fest Beg May
HSCC Silverstone Mid May
Brands end May
MRL Thruxton end of June
S'stone Classic end of July
Gold Cup end Aug
Masters Donington, mid-late Sept
Masters Combe Early Oct
HSCC finals mid-late Oct.

Chuck in a Mallory event somewhere and jobs a goodun
Not hard is it?!