Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 19 Apr 2013, 03:24 (Ref:3236457)   #351
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeffo View Post
as i said i am looking for 1986 BTCC AE86 setup or present ideas for racing,
but mostly BTCC T50 (gearbox) information.
are T50's used? split case modified? bearing upgrade? straight cut gears?
or is it just a TRD close ratio upgrade?

all the best
kevin
All AE86 in Group A used the T-50 gearbox and T series rear end. I believe there were three sets of gear ratios homologated for Group A AE86.

Quaife straight cut with 1st gear 2.3ish and 5th gear 1:1. This was used in Australia by the works team and some top privateers.

There was also a TRD close ratio with 2.3ish 1st gear, 1:1 4th gear and 0.88 5th gear. This is in my car, which was rented by many privateers for the ATCC and Bathurst 1000 in Group A.

Std gearbox was also homolgated of course, but no one used it.
Old 7 May 2013, 06:13 (Ref:3243799)   #352
GentleHart
Rookie

Australia
Warwick Queensland
GentleHart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
About 12 months ago, I aquired an old Rally shell that has been a spare for a mates AE86 rally car. Its been sitting on a roticary for many years under his house and been a good work bench. CAMS have no reccord of the vin. So I have striped it down and sent it off to get soda blasted and is then going to get racked an straightened out. life is tough as a rally car. Some one changed the main hoop in the cage at some stage to the bigger 44.45 size, and didnt do a very good job of it. as I was cutting it out, I found a MANS sticker.

After much hunting about in NZ I found that Bruce McKenzie built the car in 1983, and ran it in the 1984-85 rally championchip, winning the class both years. He sold it where is was run by Barry Dryden/Robin Lang in the 86 nissan mobil 500, Car #51. At some stage after that it ended up back in the forrests of NZ.

I have some pics from Bruce in its original colours. I have been trying to find some pictures of it at the wellington race. Any help here would be appreciated.

I'm still trying to track down the rest of the history and photos along the way and, how did it end up in Aust?
Old 7 May 2013, 14:15 (Ref:3243972)   #353
Redzone
Racer

Australia
Queensland, Australia
Redzone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome to ten tenths Noddy! Great news that it was raced in period in group A!!!

Have you looked on:

http://www.theroaringseason.com/content.php?

for pics of the race? you should be able to find it in there somewhere

edit:

http://www.theroaringseason.com/show...san+mobil+1986

has the entry list with number 51, entered by CRC chemicals NZ limited

Last edited by Redzone; 7 May 2013 at 14:35.
Old 15 Jun 2013, 12:39 (Ref:3263014)   #354
Eircamae86
Rookie

Eircamae86 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GentleHart View Post
About 12 months ago, I aquired an old Rally shell that has been a spare for a mates AE86 rally car. Its been sitting on a roticary for many years under his house and been a good work bench. CAMS have no reccord of the vin. So I have striped it down and sent it off to get soda blasted and is then going to get racked an straightened out. life is tough as a rally car. Some one changed the main hoop in the cage at some stage to the bigger 44.45 size, and didnt do a very good job of it. as I was cutting it out, I found a MANS sticker.

After much hunting about in NZ I found that Bruce McKenzie built the car in 1983, and ran it in the 1984-85 rally championchip, winning the class both years. He sold it where is was run by Barry Dryden/Robin Lang in the 86 nissan mobil 500, Car #51. At some stage after that it ended up back in the forrests of NZ.

I have some pics from Bruce in its original colours. I have been trying to find some pictures of it at the wellington race. Any help here would be appreciated.

I'm still trying to track down the rest of the history and photos along the way and, how did it end up in Aust?
I live in Toowoomba, PM me as I wouldnt mind a look at any local 86s. The only rally ae86 I have ever heard about in that area is a Blue Trueno?
Old 15 Jun 2013, 12:42 (Ref:3263015)   #355
Eircamae86
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeffo View Post
Mr. Eircamae86

we Irish share very similar interests in AE86's,
I have been to Japan too to see the amazing 2010 AE86 festival,

Your AE86, do you every show it on display at events in Ireland?
I would love to see it.

Kevin
I moved to Australia over 4 years ago. car is in secure storage. Will be bringing it out here at some stage.
Old 1 Aug 2015, 13:07 (Ref:3563060)   #356
Eircamae86
Rookie

Have started a facebook page for grpA corolla
Drop in to say hello & message to say hello.

https://www.facebook.com/GrpAcorolla
Old 3 Aug 2015, 10:55 (Ref:3563468)   #357
terryobeirne
Rookie

Australia
australia
terryobeirne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GpA Corolla pics

i'm chasing some rear view pics of my ex Bob Holden car from 1991-92 to help me finalsie some decals. this is a front shot of it at bathurst 1992. any help appreciated
Old 3 Aug 2015, 13:38 (Ref:3563505)   #358
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by terryobeirne View Post
i'm chasing some rear view pics of my ex Bob Holden car from 1991-92 to help me finalsie some decals. this is a front shot of it at bathurst 1992. any help appreciated
This is 1989 at Amaroo Park..

And the sister car at the same meeting

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 4 Aug 2015, 20:13 (Ref:3563780)   #359
terryobeirne
Rookie

Australia
australia
the white #51 car is i believe the car now owned/raced by David Paterson and which he bought off me a few years ago. This car was owned by Adrian Brooke for a while and it is in that period when it got painted all white. Its last major event was 1992 Bathurst where it ran under 4KQ (radio station) sponsorship as car #72.

I have seen the pics at Amaroo before and they are most like my car (#13) . they are both pics of the same car taken at same time . The first entry in the 'new' logbook i have for my car is July 89 at Oran Pk.

Last edited by terryobeirne; 4 Aug 2015 at 20:19.
Old 5 Aug 2015, 00:18 (Ref:3563827)   #360
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by terryobeirne View Post
the white #51 car is i believe the car now owned/raced by David Paterson and which he bought off me a few years ago. This car was owned by Adrian Brooke for a while and it is in that period when it got painted all white. Its last major event was 1992 Bathurst where it ran under 4KQ (radio station) sponsorship as car #72.

I have seen the pics at Amaroo before and they are most like my car (#13) . they are both pics of the same car taken at same time . The first entry in the 'new' logbook i have for my car is July 89 at Oran Pk.
They are my pics taken off my 126 film camera at the time.. all taken the same day at Amaroo
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 6 Aug 2015, 12:47 (Ref:3564149)   #361
terryobeirne
Rookie

Australia
australia
Bob is standing in the background of the 2nd pic.

Bob bought the car new from Bill Buckle in 1984 and his Toyota dealership offered Bob support for many years, hence the sign on the back bumper

Bill Buckle senior was a renowned trails driver in the 1920's and 30's and his son went on to run the dealership in Bobs time. I have a 1937 Triumph built specially in Australia for Bill Buckle.

Tags
btcc, chms, chris hodgetts, group a, jtcc, toyota corolla ae86, toyota corolla gt16