Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 18 Sep 2017, 09:11 (Ref:3768197)   #726
rass cass
Rookie

rass cass should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if eggleston are running old spec KRE engines in the morcom car I wonder if it has old spec front end components as well. That could certainly account for the lack of performance. Does this make it Eggleston's version of the Kelly Krate?
Old 18 Sep 2017, 22:13 (Ref:3768427)   #727
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Eggleston Egg?
Old 19 Sep 2017, 03:43 (Ref:3768473)   #728
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Dumbrell in doubt for Super2 finale

Baby due to be born that weekend
Old 19 Sep 2017, 04:00 (Ref:3768479)   #729
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
The Eggleston Egg?
The rotten egg? Unless its just a setup issue, then it might just be a scrambled egg...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Old 19 Sep 2017, 05:32 (Ref:3768489)   #730
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Chat doing the rounds that Mr Dumbrell may bail on the final round, as Mrs Dumbrell is expecting.
Old 19 Sep 2017, 16:40 (Ref:3768589)   #731
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Given the car wrecking nature of Bathurst, it will be interesting to see how many starters they attract to run around for no points.
No shortage of entrants in the 1000 (circa <99), 12 hour and 6 hour for no points. The prestige of racing at Bathurst is massive, surely?
Old 19 Sep 2017, 21:45 (Ref:3768647)   #732
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
No shortage of entrants in the 1000 (circa <99), 12 hour and 6 hour for no points. The prestige of racing at Bathurst is massive, surely?
Im not disagreeing with what you said.

The issue though is more around that many of the top line Dunlop drivers are also in the main event so will be racing at Bathurst anyway. With no points on the line, will they race
Old 20 Sep 2017, 01:54 (Ref:3768690)   #733
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Maybe/Possibly. Its been an expensive year for a few of these teams; a win that'll be mostly forgotten in ten minutes as compared to a repeat of Jack Smith's efforts at the Dipper last year and the bill for that kind of damage might sway a few teams to have a weekend off...?
Old 20 Sep 2017, 01:57 (Ref:3768691)   #734
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
One thing i did notice on the weekend was all cars seemed to have sponsorship
Old 20 Sep 2017, 01:57 (Ref:3768692)   #735
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If I were a Super2 team, I'd have rather gone to Bathurst over Symmons Plains.
Old 20 Sep 2017, 02:32 (Ref:3768697)   #736
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's live teev across the world, the Super2 teams would be mad to miss the Bathurst opportunity.

The DSO needs to hold the hands of some of the more 'flighty' folk in that field and remind them that there are places on the Bathurst track that you just do not put a race car.

That said, hope the Vodafone Porsche Safety Car is fully fuelled before the race..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 20 Sep 2017, 03:29 (Ref:3768706)   #737
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

That said, hope the Vodafone Porsche Safety Car is fully fuelled before the race..
Indeed. History shows the towies are busy around lunch on Saturday...
Old 20 Sep 2017, 04:00 (Ref:3768713)   #738
kittle
Veteran

kittle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Are they all running the latest spec KRE engines?
T8 prepare the Dumbrell car in Brisbane. But they run it from the Eggleston Motorsports garage on race weekends
Old 20 Sep 2017, 04:01 (Ref:3768715)   #739
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Indeed. History shows the towies are busy around lunch on Saturday...
They haven't been as busy since the late 80's, early 90's when the Appendix J boys were let loose for their annual crash fest.
Old 20 Sep 2017, 04:37 (Ref:3768717)   #740
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
They haven't been as busy since the late 80's, early 90's when the Appendix J boys were let loose for their annual crash fest.
HQs also good for two racing laps in every 8 too.
Old 20 Sep 2017, 22:51 (Ref:3768912)   #741
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
It's live teev across the world, the Super2 teams would be mad to miss the Bathurst opportunity.

The DSO needs to hold the hands of some of the more 'flighty' folk in that field and remind them that there are places on the Bathurst track that you just do not put a race car.

You'll be fascinated to know that there was a race in NZ recently where the Safety Car nearly ran out of fuel so they had to do a switch
Old 20 Sep 2017, 23:01 (Ref:3768918)   #742
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It! View Post
You'll be fascinated to know that there was a race in NZ recently where the Safety Car nearly ran out of fuel so they had to do a switch
In 1988, Nissan supplied a prototype Skyline Turbo model from their SVD division, and at some point during the event, the engine had a mechanical problem (turbo hose fell off/failed from memory) and the organisers had to substitute the course car (a similar model) for the safety car as repairs were effected.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 04:57 (Ref:3768983)   #743
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice! The NZ one was due to waiting for fog to lift at Taupo.

Racetroll will know more details
Old 21 Sep 2017, 09:05 (Ref:3769021)   #744
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
In 1988, Nissan supplied a prototype Skyline Turbo model from their SVD division, and at some point during the event, the engine had a mechanical problem (turbo hose fell off/failed from memory) and the organisers had to substitute the course car (a similar model) for the safety car as repairs were effected.
In '87 the Skyline Pace Car driven by Bob Morris had a mechanical issue which resulted in half the field overtaking it up Mountain Straight.

Of course Bob Morris was always a hard driver on equipment.
Old 23 Sep 2017, 06:01 (Ref:3769383)   #745
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Hard to know what's not working in Mr Jacobson's title defence.
Car doesn't look good on track. It isn't the sledgehammer it was last year.
And Mr Jacobson is in traffic a lot.. and his car doesn't seem to be able to get him past the incidents and accidents.

Very weird..
Old 23 Sep 2017, 09:24 (Ref:3769403)   #746
Umai Naa
Veteran

Some chat suggests that this year's budget is making up for last year's shortfall.
Old 23 Sep 2017, 09:29 (Ref:3769405)   #747
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Some chat suggests that this year's budget is making up for last year's shortfall.
Ah...
Old 23 Sep 2017, 23:16 (Ref:3769483)   #748
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mr Jacobson didn't do a particularly good job in Mr Bright's car at Sandown either so I am not sure his DVS car is lacking anything. Brighty showed his main game car had race pace with the 5th best lap in the main drivers race on Saturday.
Old 27 Sep 2017, 10:25 (Ref:3770084)   #749
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
15 Cars Entered For Bathurst 250

Amazing how many cars aren't appearing!

This is BATHURST!!!!
Old 27 Sep 2017, 10:38 (Ref:3770086)   #750
Umai Naa
Veteran

No points, why bother?