Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 21 Oct 2002, 18:45 (Ref:409482)   #1
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mid Beds, "The UK's rubbish dump"
spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Channel 4's Le Mans coverage...?

Does anybody know if Channel 4 did show highlights? Or are they saving it to show when nobody will see it. I'm sure they'll try and and fit it into a half an hour programme
Old 21 Oct 2002, 18:49 (Ref:409491)   #2
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No, I was at Le Mans myself this year and travelled with MRI and one of there speakers was Mike Brewer (Driven) and he said that Ch4, have the rights for the next 5 years, but wouldn't be showing any of the race due to a clash with the test match.
Old 21 Oct 2002, 19:16 (Ref:409517)   #3
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They still seem commited to showing LM in some form, including live coverage in the next few years. The LM website is still up and running and being updated. The Test match coverage this year prevented any live LM coverage but hopefully it was a one off.
Old 21 Oct 2002, 19:23 (Ref:409524)   #4
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just checked next season Test Match and One day Cricket fixtures, for England and the good news there are no clashs with Le Mans, so that means that we might get live coverage.

Last edited by rdjones; 21 Oct 2002 at 19:24.
Old 22 Oct 2002, 15:11 (Ref:410229)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
With hindsight the contract that gave Ch4 the rights should have included a clause that they had to show so many hours of coverage or they forfeit the rights.
Old 22 Oct 2002, 16:00 (Ref:410264)   #6
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Who else wanted it on terestrial? The coverage in 2001 was superb with through the night coverage and Radio Le Mans commentary.
Old 22 Oct 2002, 16:27 (Ref:410288)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think you're right JAG. In an ideal world they could put the start, finish and night action on BBC2 and have the rest on BBC Choice or something!

Dream world!
Old 22 Oct 2002, 17:07 (Ref:410327)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What the hell is the point of having the rights and then not bothering to show anything? Beggars belief!

A clash with the test match - wot, cricket? How could the world's greatest motor race come second to the most boring sport in the world?!!!

(IMHO )
Old 22 Oct 2002, 18:01 (Ref:410380)   #9
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hmm, they could have atleast had it on during the night. I do remember on the driven before the race, they said they would be showing highlights, i guess it might be before next years race. If there future coverage is as good as that in 2001 i cant wait, i missed the live webcast this year
Old 22 Oct 2002, 20:13 (Ref:410530)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by spanner
.....i missed the live webcast this year

Not thinking of actually being there, spanner?
Old 25 Oct 2002, 10:19 (Ref:412991)   #11
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
I'd love to be there, but everythings up in the air at the moment, and nobody i know is really interested in it. Plus never having been before, i dont fancy going on my own.
Old 25 Oct 2002, 17:20 (Ref:413437)   #12
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally posted by spanner
I'd love to be there, but everythings up in the air at the moment, and nobody i know is really interested in it. Plus never having been before, i dont fancy going on my own.
Well I went on my own, this year and has fantastic time and I will be going on my next year too, but next hopefully there will be a full 10-10th meeting, with about 30 or 40 off use there ! ! !

In fact there will be know hopefully about THERE will be a 10-10ths met as I am going to organise it (I may live to regreat say that ! ! ! )

Last edited by rdjones; 25 Oct 2002 at 17:27.
Old 26 Oct 2002, 09:49 (Ref:413883)   #13
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eurosport does the best Le Mans coverage. Channel 4 is ok, if you don't have sky.
Old 26 Oct 2002, 13:21 (Ref:414000)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by hakkiman
Eurosport does the best Le Mans coverage. Channel 4 is ok, if you don't have sky.

The commentators at the circuit and Radio Le Mans do the best coverage.

Be there or be square.
Old 28 Oct 2002, 14:19 (Ref:415451)   #15
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
bbc always pleads poverty and then spends money on showjumping and audrey harrison fights...yet i wonder how much the rights for le mans and le tour de france cost.

didn't channel four only show extended package in 2001 because the cricket was rained off?

mmm...the words "rain" and "2001" - makes you shiver eh?!