Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you give Formula 1's return to Mexico?
10 0 0%
9 1 2.33%
8 2 4.65%
7 1 2.33%
6 6 13.95%
5 10 23.26%
4 9 20.93%
3 4 9.30%
2 3 6.98%
1 7 16.28%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1 Nov 2015, 16:38 (Ref:3587216)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Grand Prix: Mexican Grand Prix

What score do you give Formula 1's return to Mexico?
Old 1 Nov 2015, 20:46 (Ref:3587258)   #2
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I can't go lower than 1, sadly.
Dullest race ever, even more so than the 2005 US GP.
Old 1 Nov 2015, 20:57 (Ref:3587261)   #3
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ditchwater dull.

Old 1 Nov 2015, 20:59 (Ref:3587263)   #4
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
3. Wasn't exciting.
Old 1 Nov 2015, 21:11 (Ref:3587265)   #5
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
4. not very exciting.
I expected more, much more.

Stadium sections are nice for the attending public, but do little - if not plain nothing - to improve the racing.
The Mexico track I remember was such a nice track, why did they destroy it?
Old 1 Nov 2015, 21:27 (Ref:3587269)   #6
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be honest, they did not really change the character of most of the track, if not for the Peraldeltada. It's sad that its gone, but the runoff of that corner was way to small, and behind it is no room to make it larger.
Old 1 Nov 2015, 21:43 (Ref:3587276)   #7
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
RichardRenes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it deserved better but a 4 is all i can give.. some rain would have been welcome to spice things up
Old 1 Nov 2015, 22:01 (Ref:3587290)   #8
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Another Mercedes manipulation by Wolff et al, 1.
Old 1 Nov 2015, 22:07 (Ref:3587295)   #9
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Another Mercedes manipulation by Wolff et al, 1.
Manipulation?
Old 1 Nov 2015, 23:00 (Ref:3587307)   #10
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Good crowds and a circuit with history, but next to no overtaking, only really cars out of position. At least the legendary Peraltada is back... Oh no wait they've butchered that
Old 1 Nov 2015, 23:28 (Ref:3587319)   #11
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
1, despite the Pirelli Sombreros.
Old 1 Nov 2015, 23:43 (Ref:3587326)   #12
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2. +1 for sombreros. +1 for the stadium. +1 for Finnish civil war. So 5
Old 1 Nov 2015, 23:45 (Ref:3587327)   #13
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Well, 2. I had the NASCAR on split screen with the F1, I found NASCAR mid-race drew my attention more. I enjoyed the idea of being back in Mexico but it was all and all an entirely grey affair.
Old 2 Nov 2015, 00:06 (Ref:3587335)   #14
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It wasn't great and calling it average is probably generous, but I thought it was at least a bit intense for the top positions. There was always a sense that Hamilton could do it. Vettel's uncharacteristic performance was interesting, Maldonado was dramatic and Bottas put a good move on Raikkonen but was turned in on. Average as a race, though. The track is okay but not full of great corners, I would say. Anyway average for me is still fun in motorsport.
Old 2 Nov 2015, 01:21 (Ref:3587352)   #15
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
3. Pretty dull. I suppose coming off the back of the US Grand Prix - it was going to be tricky to get that excited by it. Vettel's fightback after the puncture was interesting - until he binned it. Bottas gave us some entertainment. There was little else. It does seem like a very tricky circuit to overtake on.
Old 2 Nov 2015, 01:36 (Ref:3587357)   #16
DistortedSmile
Racer

Spain
DistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The race itself was extremely dull, but the event was great, there was massive hype all week long and people loved it, some funny things too like a local Mclaren dealership partnering with Uber and sending Alonso to pick up a fan in a Mclaren 650S, some of the best fun I've had in a race, hope the WEC event next year can compare.
Old 2 Nov 2015, 08:23 (Ref:3587417)   #17
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
There's acres of land on the infield where the track could be lengthened if necessary (it is)

The kink on the main straight... Why?!!

Not a bad layout but how can you have so little overtaking at the end of such a long straight?

Massive illustration of how something is very wrong with the tech regs.
Old 2 Nov 2015, 08:35 (Ref:3587421)   #18
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why is it nessesary to lengthen the track? It is as long as the circuits of Montreal, Budapest, Spielberg and Interlagos, and ofcourse longer than Monaco. No need to rob Mexican kids of their soccer and baseballfields.
Old 2 Nov 2015, 12:03 (Ref:3587459)   #19
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Despite all the hype about the return to this venue, it was pretty boring - 3
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 2 Nov 2015, 14:36 (Ref:3587486)   #20
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A generous 5, 2 of which belong to the immense crowd. Did I hear one commentator say there were greater than 300000 people there?
Old 2 Nov 2015, 15:02 (Ref:3587496)   #21
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i believe i heard over the 3-4 days 340K with 115K plus for race day. the crowd was epic and the podium celebration was an immediate classic. the crowd cheering Nico's name was a special moment.

the race though was a dull affair. new track problems so teams seemed to struggle with tire and part wear...hopefully lessons learned and next year will see a more aggressive approach. gave it a 4.
Old 2 Nov 2015, 15:16 (Ref:3587502)   #22
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
the race though was a dull affair. new track problems so teams seemed to struggle with tire and part wear...hopefully lessons learned and next year will see a more aggressive approach. gave it a 4.
I was hoping the fact that it was a new track and the teams wouldn't know which way to go on setup etc would make it more interesting. Once the teams are dialled in it'll be less interesting surely? This time they were marginal on brakes and cooling, tyre wear was an unknown, general grip levels were a best guess - lots of variables to spice it up. Once they've got a setup that works it'll be duller.
Old 2 Nov 2015, 15:40 (Ref:3587509)   #23
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Once the teams are dialled in it'll be less interesting surely?...
ha, yeah fair point.
Old 2 Nov 2015, 18:23 (Ref:3587562)   #24
sparkione
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
sparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rubbish – and that's being generous. A big round egg.
Old 2 Nov 2015, 19:05 (Ref:3587581)   #25
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think a race here would've been mega with the 2009-13 regulations. It was always going to be harder with the engine disparities. I hope it remains on the calendar though, there is certainly potential for a good race, especially if 2017 closes things up a bit more and makes things less engine dependent.