Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 12 Nov 2002, 21:09 (Ref:427301)   #26
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by woodyracing
I've not been yet but I've wanted to go for about 5 years.
Woody get your self next year..........
Old 13 Nov 2002, 08:53 (Ref:427592)   #27
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
every year since 1980, 22 times in total.
Old 13 Nov 2002, 10:21 (Ref:427641)   #28
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Nordic
every year since 1980, 22 times in total.
I suddenly feel quite ridiculous
Old 13 Nov 2002, 13:28 (Ref:427741)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
I suddenly feel quite ridiculous
No need to feel ridiculous Fab. The realisation that a trip to Le Mans every year is essential takes a while to dawn on some. RD found that out this year and the likes of Woody still have the experience to come. Others, like Nordic, Banks, Mal and even me have been hooked for years!
Old 13 Nov 2002, 14:49 (Ref:427802)   #30
paul.hickman
Racer

United States
uk, mallorca & florida...
paul.hickman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi you Le Mans stalwarts! As pour moi - I have been marshalling at le Vingt Quatres Heures since 1987 (and of course twice this year!)

If any of you ever get down the Mulsanne then drop in at Poste 61 - the 2nd chicane - a beer awaits you!
Old 13 Nov 2002, 14:49 (Ref:427804)   #31
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
RD found that out this year and the likes of Woody still have the experience to come. Others, like Nordic, Banks, Mal and even me have been hooked for years!
The sadest in my case is that I was hooked early... but I've had a cerebral "missing" ... well, I used to love motorbikes between 14 and 22... I missed the cars race, but went at LM anyway... I missed the great C group périod, and mainly the Jaguar victories... shame on me !
Old 13 Nov 2002, 14:55 (Ref:427810)   #32
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by paul.hickman
I have been marshalling at le Vingt Quatres Heures since 1987 (and of course twice this year!)
impressive !

Quote:
If any of you ever get down the Mulsanne then drop in at Poste 61 - the 2nd chicane - a beer awaits you!
You will have a lot a customers !!!

Last edited by Fab; 13 Nov 2002 at 14:55.
Old 13 Nov 2002, 18:52 (Ref:428001)   #33
Chofar
Racer

Chofar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I did the last of the groupC years, before the Peugeot-FIA offensive tried to screw the ACO, from 86 to 91 and went back in 2000 (family business !!).
Maybe i'll go back someday although i think some goodies are definitely gone : the end of the esses is quite a shock,
and wire fences seem to grow every year. In the old days Arnage was a great photo spot, now it's just a cage with a stupid Audi Quattro ad above the track. Anyway i can still hear the jags and saubers, and promise i will show my kids what is still different about this race and this circuit.
Fab, i also did the bike race, there's no match (apart from the beer drinking...)
Old 14 Nov 2002, 06:35 (Ref:428289)   #34
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by Chofar
Fab, i also did the bike race, there's no match (apart from the beer drinking...)
Yes indeed, the mood is quite different... much more beer (too much at my taste in the night !) for the bikes...

But the start is still the classic LM start, and this year I was impressed as I was 20 years ago...

See the LM Classic starts... (not debating here of the fact that it's definitely dangerous...).
Old 14 Nov 2002, 12:53 (Ref:428448)   #35
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
egor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First year 1991, then 92,4,5,6,7,8,9,2000, 2001 (pre-qualifying),2002. Started with a coach trip, then moved to camping from 92 onwards, spending atleast 5 days at the circuit each time
Old 14 Nov 2002, 13:13 (Ref:428463)   #36
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Hi there Paul - thanks for the invite. It's getting there that's the problem for us "mere mortals"!
Old 14 Nov 2002, 14:20 (Ref:428514)   #37
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
how far down is poste 61...and are you always emmm...posted there?
Old 14 Nov 2002, 14:57 (Ref:428534)   #38
paul.hickman
Racer

United States
uk, mallorca & florida...
paul.hickman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
About 2/3 really - and Poste 61 is the 2nd Chicane on the right as you drive the circuit (or through the woods if you walk). For the first few years I marshalled at Post 35 (opposite the Hunaudiers restaurant), then the approach to the 1st Chicane but for the past 3 years have been at 61 - I guess its Mulsanne Corner in a few years (but I really fancy Indianapolis...)! But certainly for 2003 I shall be there.

The poste is a motley assortment of some 30 French, Dutch and English marshals - with one common passion with a spoken Franglais language! Fantastic company - many of who have become good friends.

So the invite is still there - if you can get past the Gendarme and find us in the woods – then you deserve a little ‘reviver’!