Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 21 Jan 2014, 17:50 (Ref:3356774)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Le Mans - the FAQ's (Archive Thread - Closed)

Get an Arnage/Mulsanne parking pass anyway - cheap as chips and should get you access to the first car park during the race.
Old 22 Jan 2014, 09:51 (Ref:3356995)   #2
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Get an Arnage/Mulsanne parking pass anyway - cheap as chips and should get you access to the first car park during the race.
Sadly not true!

Having an Arnage/Mulsanne Car Park pass is no guarantee of a parking place in the first car park at busy times. If you want to avoid a walk, get there early or get your driver to drop you off outside the entrance while he continues to the overflow.

It's simply first come - first served. Once the car park is full, you have to use the overflow.

If you must park at Arnage however, it's worth buying your ticket in advance. For 25 years I always bought my ticket on the gate, but in 2012 they stopped selling them on the gate and didn't initially have any at the Arnage entrance! I don't know what the situation was last year becasue I bought my car park ticket in advance.
Old 19 Feb 2014, 15:18 (Ref:3370104)   #3
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake dust View Post
My son and I will be attending Le Mans this year. Wanted to go to the drivers parade. Any suggestions on when we should head into to town as well as where might be the best place to view the parade? I also seem to recall that the pit walk happens on Friday as well - do the events overlap with each other? Thanks!
I think technically they may overlap some where the pit walk is still going on once the drivers parade has started, but ya they are both on Friday. When I went it was easy enough to go to the pit walk close to when it opened, then have enough time to drive or take the train into town, have lunch and then set up for the parade. Honestly, being from the US and the access that we have here and the lack of crowds I was a bit meh about the pit walk, lots of crowding to just see the cars torn apart.

I too would like advise on the best spots for watching the parade. My only other time we were in a covered area about 100 meters from the finish. Not a bad spot but crowded. I've seen pictures of a grassy hill where you can sit and watch the parade if you don't mind not being close enough to reach out and shake hands with the drivers or get some free stuff. Does anyone know where that hillside is?

Maybe one of you Le Mans regulars who likes to put viewing or photo taking locations of the circuit on google maps wouldn't mind doing the same for the parade route???
Old 19 Feb 2014, 19:44 (Ref:3370164)   #4
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Old 19 Feb 2014, 19:49 (Ref:3370166)   #5
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Just set the GPS to 'Saint Saturnin'. It is a small village and you cannot miss the carshow. The crowd there is very nice and quiet. If your wife is startled by them, she should not leave the house at all, because it won't get better than that. You just have to turn up. People will direct the nice cars into the festival, and the normal cars like yours and mine into a different parking lot.
I guess 10-11 is the best time, spend a few hours there and then go to the pitwalk. But each to their own of course.
Old 19 Feb 2014, 19:58 (Ref:3370172)   #6
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Awesome! Thanks! Officially on the list of things to do now!
Old 19 Feb 2014, 20:02 (Ref:3370173)   #7
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
The Classic British welcome as it is called gets bigger every year, it is really one of the best French/Anglo bits of organisation there has ever been, plenty to do and very friendly, it forms part of the whole 24 hour event now, the cars used in the drivers parade assemble there on friday afternoon so that is a good time but the village was not really ready for how popular it has become. The show car parks are in the school fields and hard area's and if you turn up in a old car or something interesting then you will be allowed in those area's but they get full very quickly now so you might be sent to the ordinary car parks, but those car parks can also get full. The village streets are usually turned into a one way system to help traffic and local helpers do all they can to make the event run smoothly, if you do go be prepared to spend hours looking in the show car parks the range of cars is amazing and plenty of owners prepared to tell you about them and in the school itself are the featured cars which this year will be porsche so expect cars that actually raced at Le mans and old drivers aswell. Some food stalls, beer and champagne stands and various trade stands, but all the time you are there new cars arrive as others leave. Getting there is easy and you will see signs for it on your way to le mans.
Old 20 Feb 2014, 20:55 (Ref:3370499)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
.....so expect cars that actually raced at Le mans and old drivers as well.
Blimey, you're gonna be on display yourself this year then Simon???
Old 20 Feb 2014, 22:13 (Ref:3370532)   #9
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Blimey, you're gonna be on display yourself this year then Simon???
DON'T Encourage him!
Old 20 Feb 2014, 21:16 (Ref:3370509)   #10
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well they have not invited me yet but i was in some of the official photo's on the CBW web site a few years ago
Old 29 Mar 2014, 22:32 (Ref:3386264)   #11
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just updated a bit on my map.
Is there really only 4 ways to cross the track?
https://mapsengine.google.com/map/ed...Y.kP4YaI9BXO2M
Old 30 Mar 2014, 04:21 (Ref:3386334)   #12
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Ehhh? What do you mean with 'cross the track'? And which are those four ways?
Old 30 Mar 2014, 07:40 (Ref:3386358)   #13
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Ehhh? What do you mean with 'cross the track'? And which are those four ways?
Points within the spectator area that you can cross from inside to outside of the track or Vice versa:
1) Tunnel near start
2) Road Tunnel
3) Dunlop Bridge
4) tunnel by Tertre Rouge
Old 30 Mar 2014, 10:40 (Ref:3386479)   #14
Richard117
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
Richard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRichard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Points within the spectator area that you can cross from inside to outside of the track or Vice versa:
1) Tunnel near start
2) Road Tunnel
3) Dunlop Bridge
4) tunnel by Tertre Rouge
5) Beausejour Tunnel under Porsche Curves
Old 30 Mar 2014, 12:44 (Ref:3386574)   #15
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Note to self: don't ask silly and simple questions at a quarter past six in the night....
Old 30 Mar 2014, 15:58 (Ref:3386658)   #16
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
There is a mistake on the map : the start/finish tunnel, highlighted in blue, is not allowed for the public. You can see on the map that the tunnel for pedestrians begins from the south side of the Audi grandstand, just opposite to the module sportif (control tower) and ends near the grouped Audi cars.
Corrected, Thank you Pascal!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard117 View Post
5) Beausejour Tunnel under Porsche Curves
Added, Thank you

I'm surprised with the distance you have to walk to get from Maison Blanche to Karting Nord, I hope a tunnel is in the plans
Old 2 Apr 2014, 16:59 (Ref:3387918)   #17
ExiledHighlander
Rookie

ExiledHighlander should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It will be my first Le Mans this year - question about grandstands.

Assuming you have a ticket for a grandstand (or even if you don't), in the middle of the night when most of them are empty can you get in to other grandstands?
Old 30 Mar 2014, 07:57 (Ref:3386370)   #18
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I think that's right.

If you've ever been to Silverstone, you'd kill for "only" 4 crossings...
Old 30 Mar 2014, 09:56 (Ref:3386435)   #19
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
There is a mistake on the map : the start/finish tunnel, highlighted in blue, is not allowed for the public. You can see on the map that the tunnel for pedestrians begins from the south side of the Audi grandstand, just opposite to the module sportif (control tower) and ends near the grouped Audi cars.

Last edited by PascaLM; 30 Mar 2014 at 10:03.
Old 30 Mar 2014, 07:56 (Ref:3386369)   #20
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
There is also road tunnel under TR corner that you use to get to the green campsites and the same at the porsche curves for the campsites there.
Old 1 Apr 2014, 21:48 (Ref:3387598)   #21
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the map CDT! Are pedestrians not allowed to access the tunnel under the Mulsanne near the football stadium?
Old 2 Apr 2014, 08:07 (Ref:3387731)   #22
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I did not know there was one
Old 2 Apr 2014, 08:48 (Ref:3387746)   #23
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here: https://www.google.de/maps/@47.96142...uaWoDWxN5A!2e0

Pretty sure you can, although I've never done so. We parked once at the football stadium to watch at Tertre Rouge, but we came from the other direction (Karting / Houx).
Old 2 Apr 2014, 10:23 (Ref:3387782)   #24
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Thank you!
It's now updated
Le Mans Map
Could a moderator put it in the first post of the thread?
Old 2 Apr 2014, 18:18 (Ref:3387947)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Thank you!
It's now updated
Le Mans Map
Could a moderator put it in the first post of the thread?
If you cross my palm with silver.......