Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 8 Dec 2009, 09:04 (Ref:2595974)   #26
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
stedevil has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
ETCC Oschersleben is week after STCC Karlskoga
plus the STCC event is on a Saturday which means an extra day between the two events.
Yes, but that 1 day cuts both ways leaving 1 day LESS between Oschersleben and Göteborg, and that as the 3rd raceweekend in a row
S(w)TCC - 21-22 May - Karlskoga
ETCC/ADAC - 30 May - Germany(Oschersleben)
S(c)TCC - 4-5 Jun - Göteborg

All BTCC near events come with 2+ clear weekends before or after and never with 3 weekends on the trot.

Last edited by stedevil; 8 Dec 2009 at 09:13.
Old 8 Dec 2009, 10:00 (Ref:2595998)   #27
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Russians wanted to host an ETCC event too. About a month ago RAF released a provisional RTCC calendar. The final round - Lipetsk street race - claimed to be run together with ETCC. The date for the event would be 24-26 September or 1-3 October.
Old 8 Dec 2009, 10:44 (Ref:2596010)   #28
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The logic is that British teams have three 'near misses', Swedish teams have one.

BTCC Thruxton is week after ETCC Braga
BTCC Oulton Park is week after ETCC Oschersleben
ETCC Franciacorta is week after BTCC Brands Hatch
vs
ETCC Oschersleben is week after STCC Karlskoga
plus the STCC event is on a Saturday which means an extra day between the two events.
Tight schedule or not, I think this series will be a tough sell unless they make a significant increase in prize money.
Old 8 Dec 2009, 12:31 (Ref:2596040)   #29
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I'm pretty certain we'll see no BTCC entries. Look how many have entered in the past when its comes at the end of the season.
Old 8 Dec 2009, 13:15 (Ref:2596064)   #30
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Its different this year as its a new format.

When ETC Cup was new there were many BTCC teams present.
Old 8 Dec 2009, 14:47 (Ref:2596101)   #31
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stedevil View Post
Didnt find any DTC table
It has been released now:

25th April - Jyllandsringen*
16th May - Padborg Park
5th June - Göteborg City Race*
20th June - Jyllandsringen
15th August - Ring Djursland
5th September - Jyllandsringen*
18th September - Knutstorp*
10th October - Jyllandsringen

*=Scandinavian Touring Car Cup

http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=4265
Old 8 Dec 2009, 15:22 (Ref:2596115)   #32
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMeissner View Post
Its different this year as its a new format.

When ETC Cup was new there were many BTCC teams present.
Many as in Plato's SEAT? That's the only one I can remember off the top of my head. I know GR Asia always went there, but mostly in the capacity as a WTCC Independent team.
Old 8 Dec 2009, 18:13 (Ref:2596196)   #33
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Two of these events are the week before BTCC rounds. Most teams wouldn't want to risk writing off a car in what appears to be a near meaningless series.
Old 9 Dec 2009, 04:53 (Ref:2596464)   #34
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
It has been released now:
Thanks

---
ETCC - 28 Mar - Portugal(Braga)
---
BTCC - 4 Apr - Thruxton
ADAC Pro - 18 Apr - Oschersleben
STCC/DTC - 24-25 Apr - Denmark(Jyllandsring)
BTCC - 25 Apr - Rockingham
BTCC - 2 May - Brands Hatch GP
STCC - 7-8 May - Knutstorp
ADAC Pro - 9 May - Sachsenring
DTC - 16 May - Padborg Park
STCC - 21-22 May - Karlskoga
---
ETCC/ADAC - 30 May - Germany(Oschersleben)
---
STCC/DTC - 4-5 Jun - Göteborg
ADAC Pro - 6 Jun - Hockenheim
BTCC - 6 Jun - Oulton Park
BTCC - 20 Jun - Croft
DTC - 20 Jun - Jyllandsringen
STCC - 9-10 Jul - Falkenberg
ADAC Pro - 18 Jul - Assen
---
ETCC/ADAC - 25 Jul - Austria(Salzburgring)
---
BTCC - 8 Aug - Snetterton
STCC - 13-14 Aug - Karlskoga
ADAC Pro - 15 Aug - Lausitzring
DTC - 15 Aug - Ring Djursland
BTCC - 22 Aug - Silverstone
STCC/DTC - 4-5 Sep - Denmark(Jyllandsring)
BTCC - 5 Sep - Knockhill
STCC/DTC - 17-18th Sep - Knutstorp
BTCC - 19 Sep - Donington Park
ADAC Pro - 25 Sep - Oschersleben
STCC - 1-2nd Okt - Mantorp
BTCC - 10 Oct - Brands Hatch
DTC - 10 Oct - Jyllandsringen
---
ETCC - 17th Oct - Italy(Franciacorta)
---
Old 9 Dec 2009, 11:49 (Ref:2596598)   #35
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson View Post
Tight schedule or not, I think this series will be a tough sell unless they make a significant increase in prize money.
Thats the key point yes, if the teams think they can make a profit out of it if they manage to win a couple of races or atleast be in top3 and make some money out of it, they will go, otherwise its all about if their respective sponsors wants to pay for an international campaign, and I guess most dont. But we'll see!
Old 13 Jan 2010, 10:42 (Ref:2612658)   #36
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sergio Hernández has options to race in ETCC with ROAL Motorsport according SportMotores.es.
Old 15 Jan 2010, 17:20 (Ref:2613858)   #37
Jon411
Racer

Guernsey
Jon411 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
James Thompson to defend his ETC Cup crown by the looks of things, as well as DTC, ScandivanianTCC and selected WTCC outings:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80918

He's going to be a busy boy, but at least its all with the same team this time
Old 16 Jan 2010, 06:23 (Ref:2614123)   #38
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
That is positive news.
Old 16 Jan 2010, 16:18 (Ref:2614287)   #39
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Moved the discussion about LADA/Russian Bears to the WTCC topic
Old 20 Feb 2010, 10:03 (Ref:2636859)   #40
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Change of calendar:

http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=4425

German race at Oschersleben moved to WTCC weekend in September.
Old 20 Feb 2010, 13:11 (Ref:2637002)   #41
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Change of calendar:

http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=4425

German race at Oschersleben moved to WTCC weekend in September.
Extremely stupid move since that makes it clash with
BTCC
DTC
STCC
NezCup

WTF are they thinking? Lets make sure nobody from these championships can come? On top of everything, it's the race event that is the most likely to get entrants from the above, since it's by far the closest one (all other are taking place basically on the other side of Europe).

Is it perhaps deliberate to make it much harder for B/D/STCC/NezCup teams to participate?!? Are they that desperate to make sure the winner is from Italy/Spain/Whatever?
Old 20 Feb 2010, 13:44 (Ref:2637039)   #42
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Have to agree with you stedevil, with this move I cant really see anyone from Sweden, Britain or Denmark doing any of the ETC rounds.
Old 20 Feb 2010, 14:29 (Ref:2637084)   #43
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
If I read that correctly Oschersleben now have rounds of WTCC, ETCC and Procar at the same meeting. I wonder if it's all going to be separate races or maybe combine ETCC and Procar.

Sounds like it's going to be a bit of an S2000 festival. I'm almost tempted to start planning a trip.
Old 20 Feb 2010, 14:50 (Ref:2637099)   #44
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
If I read that correctly Oschersleben now have rounds of WTCC, ETCC and Procar at the same meeting. I wonder if it's all going to be separate races or maybe combine ETCC and Procar.
I'm pretty sure Procar and ETCC will be the same race. How else would they otherwise fill the grid?

Quote:
Sounds like it's going to be a bit of an S2000 festival. I'm almost tempted to start planning a trip.
To me it sounds more like a deliberate move to keep B/D/STCC competitors out and try to trip up nez cup and STCC expanding. They just can't be that incompetent to do it accidentally.

PS The really funny thing is that one can participate in both WTCC and ETCC without race clashes. :P
Old 20 Feb 2010, 14:59 (Ref:2637104)   #45
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Extremely stupid move since that makes it clash with
BTCC
DTC
STCC
NezCup

WTF are they thinking? Lets make sure nobody from these championships can come? On top of everything, it's the race event that is the most likely to get entrants from the above, since it's by far the closest one (all other are taking place basically on the other side of Europe).

Is it perhaps deliberate to make it much harder for B/D/STCC/NezCup teams to participate?!? Are they that desperate to make sure the winner is from Italy/Spain/Whatever?
My suspicion is the entrants confirmed are probably for the most part, Procar.

Maybe there were few teams (if any) from the clashing formulae that were going to compete. Not that that's a good sign for the cup either if true - but the move makes little sense otherwise.
Old 20 Feb 2010, 15:03 (Ref:2637106)   #46
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wouldn't be surprised if they were all combined.
Old 20 Feb 2010, 15:14 (Ref:2637112)   #47
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
PS The really funny thing is that one can participate in both WTCC and ETCC without race clashes. :P
Not really surprising. Eurosport have TV rights to both series so makes no sense to have clashing events.

It's all very well sitting there and complaining about clashing events but how about I set you a challenge. Find 4 weekends that don't have any clashes with BTCC, DTC, STCC, NezCup, Procar or WTCC, then find 4 venues available on those dates.
Old 20 Feb 2010, 15:30 (Ref:2637118)   #48
kezza7
Racer

England
Retford
kezza7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if they were all combined.
Actually, i reckon that would be quite good, you know, like a fford festival, just in touring cars. But can oschersleben take that many cars in 1 race?
Old 20 Feb 2010, 15:45 (Ref:2637125)   #49
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
My suspicion is the entrants confirmed are probably for the most part, Procar.

Maybe there were few teams (if any) from the clashing formulae that were going to compete.
Eg Thompson and his team, current ETCC champion, since long declared he/they would do ETCC, DTC and NezCup. That's made impossible now. There has also been rumors of other DTC/STCC/NezCup teams wanting to participate.

Quote:
It's all very well sitting there and complaining about clashing events but how about I set you a challenge. Find 4 weekends that don't have any clashes with BTCC, DTC, STCC, NezCup, Procar or WTCC, then find 4 venues available on those dates.
Super easy, set the dates 8+ months before season starts then STICK TO THEM. Then it's the lower series that need to make their next years schedule to avoid clashes. Changing dates, just 1-2mo before all the series starts, leaves absolutely no wiggling room for anybody else to adapt.
Old 20 Feb 2010, 15:57 (Ref:2637130)   #50
redshoes
Veteran

Quote:
Super easy, set the dates 8+ months before season starts then STICK TO THEM. Then it's the lower series that need to make their next years schedule to avoid clashes.
And you think that BTCC will take any notice of what ETCC/WTCC dates have already been scheduled. All they care about is what live TV commitments cause a problem so schedule dates to avoid F1, Tour de France and World Cup. They've happily scheduled clashing meetings when WTCC has been in the UK in the past.

I expect that the other 'lower' series will feel much the same.

BTW, I noticed you've actually avoided answering the challenge.