Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 23 Jul 2010, 09:32 (Ref:2731045)   #1
Audi S1
Racer

Audi S1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Knockhill 1st August

Does anyone have any official news on this event, just seen some interesting news on the knockhill site, but nothing on the Rallycross Open site??

Anyone got any news, apparently only 19 cars ntered?
Old 23 Jul 2010, 10:28 (Ref:2731068)   #2
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what is on the knockhill site seems official enough, will probably find out more on sunday when i am up at the hill for the smrc racing
Old 23 Jul 2010, 10:47 (Ref:2731081)   #3
Non stop
Rookie

Non stop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.knockhill.com/wordpress/?p=1962

Fuchs Rallycross cancelation – Sunday 1st August

It is with regret that we have to announce the cancelation of the Fuchs Open Rallycross event on Sunday 1st August. At the time of writing which was past the closing date for entries, the organisers had received only 19 entries, making the event unvialble for all concerned. Numerous options were considered to save the event, but with so few entries, it was not possible to host.
Knockhill have now scheduled a Hot Hatch Track Day instead with a unique opportunity for racers to become involved too as there will sessions for road hot hatches, track cars and a new session for race saloon and sports cars. For full details, see the event page or phone
Old 23 Jul 2010, 15:46 (Ref:2731234)   #4
jimmynova
Rookie

England
Birmingham
jimmynova should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A great shame for the RXOC again was looking forward to a weekend away always liked knockhill. Can anyone confirm this is true maybe GM!
If it was only 19 entries then times are hard for peter stott and the team!!
Old 23 Jul 2010, 19:18 (Ref:2731376)   #5
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmynova View Post
Can anyone confirm this is true
It's on the Knockhill circuit website so I think we can safely assume it's cancelled. Not good news. Maybe those that were entered can do Mallory the following week so they don't miss out on their rallycross fix (be interesting to see how many cars were entered for both)
Old 23 Jul 2010, 21:35 (Ref:2731475)   #6
GM!
Rookie

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
GM! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
A great shame for the RXOC again was looking forward to a weekend away always liked knockhill. Can anyone confirm this is true maybe GM!
If it was only 19 entries then times are hard for peter stott and the team!!
Yes, I'm afraid it's true. I started the other thread asking where are the drivers in the hope it would get things moving faster than they were. A press release is being put out by Peter anytime now.

It is a shame as I was looking forward to Knockhill too but that's how it goes. Still, ever the pessimist, I've always believed that good times eventually have to come after the bad, so onwards and upwards for the good of Rallycross!
Old 25 Jul 2010, 20:09 (Ref:2732763)   #7
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The rallycross open website now bounces to the superprix site. Has the RXOC been officially closed down?
Old 26 Jul 2010, 22:34 (Ref:2733683)   #8
chasing cars
Racer

chasing cars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM! View Post
Yes, I'm afraid it's true. I started the other thread asking where are the drivers in the hope it would get things moving faster than they were. A press release is being put out by Peter anytime now.
Has there been a press release? As leonidis has said the website is down, are we to assume that the open will just consist of the superprix for the rest of this year?
Old 26 Jul 2010, 23:45 (Ref:2733709)   #9
Chessmsport
Racer

England
Eastbourne
Chessmsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasing cars View Post
Has there been a press release?
PSM Motorsport Cancel Rallycross Open Championship
Press Release date: Monday July 26th 2010

PSM Motorsport Ltd have today reluctantly made the decision to cancel the entire Rallycross Open Championship.

The decision has been made in the best interests of Rallycross in Great Britain. Just 21 entries have been received for the event scheduled for Knockhill and the current active number of Rallycross competitors has now dropped below a level where PSM Motorsport feel that:

a) British Rallycross is no longer big enough to support four Rallycross Championships

b) PSM Motorsport Ltd think that the sport no longer has the infrastructure for one Championship

c) A lot of effort needs to be put into the infrastructure of the sport in Great Britain in order to attract new competitors, particularly on the clubman's side of the sport.

PSM Motorsport Ltd thanks everyone who has supported its efforts and plans to revert to promoting stand alone Rallycross events as per the pre Rallycross Open Championship era.
Old 27 Jul 2010, 08:04 (Ref:2733853)   #10
jimmynova
Rookie

England
Birmingham
jimmynova should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
does this mean the superprix is also cancelled
Old 27 Jul 2010, 09:08 (Ref:2733878)   #11
chasing cars
Racer

chasing cars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I guess the last part of the statement means they still plan for this to go ahead. The superprix use to be a great finale to the year & maybe with all their attention given to that it can become so again, just wish it could be back at Croft.
Old 27 Jul 2010, 10:37 (Ref:2733910)   #12
GM!
Rookie

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
GM! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
No, the Superprix is still on. The plan is to promote individual events that don't clash with anything else.
Old 27 Jul 2010, 10:55 (Ref:2733917)   #13
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are not really four championships. It's like say that there are 6 championships within the BTCC. It's technically true, but the other 5 are support series and they both need each other to survive. I think it's just spin to classify the BTRDA and MDA as separate championships. These are excellent support classes and the main championship needs them to boost entries etc, but basically, the fact that the ROC lost the MDA this year, coupled to the fact that they had nowhere to race, are why they had to cancel the championship.

However, I wish them all the best with the superprix. I hope it's a big success as they deserve that for all the effort that they have put in. Croft last year was really good fun.