Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 7 Jun 2014, 18:07 (Ref:3416667)   #251
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Does anyone have any recommendation for the best place in/around LM to convert some US Dollars I have left over from my last holiday into Euros?
Old 7 Jun 2014, 19:00 (Ref:3416688)   #252
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I would suggest a bank in town to be honest
Old 7 Jun 2014, 19:10 (Ref:3416690)   #253
kaseo88
Rookie

kaseo88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
No you normally go anticlockwise as the road at arnage can only be used from the village itself and when you leave you have to go towards Mulsanne, so you go that way it is much easier, after mulsanne head back to le mans and then once at Tertre rouge corner (well the roundabout before the mulsanne starts you can head down a small road (quite a steep hill) and then turn right which takes you under the track and onto the inner road that goes to all the green car parks/camping sites. If you get lost find the big carrefore supermarket and then take the road back to the circuit you find the second roundabout will force you to go left and the hill is on your right immediately afterwards
GT6, do you mean this route?

I was told by PascalLM some pages back that you couldn't take that way to Parking Vert according to the oficial map. But it you have tried it (or know that it is available on Friday and race time) i would be reeeaaaally happy.
Old 7 Jun 2014, 19:18 (Ref:3416692)   #254
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Yes that is the route, but you will probably be coming in along the old n138 from le mans or traveling on that road from the other direction so you will come to the roundabout above that first and then go under the dual carriageway
Old 7 Jun 2014, 21:16 (Ref:3416726)   #255
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a garage vert parking pass for this year , does that entrance/exit get very busy on Sat morning/evening ? I just need to know what time to leave our campsite which is a few miles away.
Old 9 Jun 2014, 09:08 (Ref:3417403)   #256
kaseo88
Rookie

Hello, more doubts and worries. I would be really pleased if you could give me some information about this:

1- Do you know if there are some place at the circuit (gates, village or somewhere) where you can buy a folding stool/chair?

2- Until what hour uses to be opened the Pit Lane on Friday for the Pit Walk? Some sites say 20h and other 18h...

3- The museum is only opened until 18h on friday too?

4- On Saturday, at what hour the cars leave the pits to place on the starting grid before warm-up lap?

Thanks a lot! I'm already getting goosebumps thinking about this friday!
Old 9 Jun 2014, 09:22 (Ref:3417405)   #257
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaseo88 View Post
4- On Saturday, at what hour the cars leave the pits to place on the starting grid before warm-up lap?
Art. 72 – Starting Procedure, page 28

"Beginning of the positioning in an angled positioning at 1.00 p.m. "
The reconnaissance laps begin at 14h22, the formation lap at 14h52.

Any local member to answer other questions ?

Last edited by PascaLM; 9 Jun 2014 at 09:30.
Old 9 Jun 2014, 09:33 (Ref:3417409)   #258
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
There will be numerous sellers of chairs/stools dotted around but they will charge a load more then the supermarkets, best get one there on arrival when you buy supplies

Museum usually open the full 24 hours of the race and usually open until late on the friday, after all they have a captive audience and can take more in enterance on that evening than they would usually take in a week or even a month
Old 9 Jun 2014, 09:45 (Ref:3417413)   #259
kaseo88
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
Art. 72 – Starting Procedure, page 28

"Beginning of the positioning in an angled positioning at 1.00 p.m. "
The reconnaissance laps begin at 14h22, the formation lap at 14h52.

Any local member to answer other questions ?
Thanks Pascal!

Also in that document states (page 38):

* Competitors are kindly requested to leave the curtain of their pit(s) open on the pit lane side on Friday, June 13st as from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Competitors who do not cooperate will be subject to a deduction of €1,000
(excluding French taxes) on the advances on technical costs by way of compensation.

So question #2 is answered!
Old 9 Jun 2014, 10:32 (Ref:3417434)   #260
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We can't make the Friday pitwalk - is there any other time that the pits are open?
Old 9 Jun 2014, 10:57 (Ref:3417448)   #261
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
We can't make the Friday pitwalk - is there any other time that the pits are open?
Tuesday evening is an option, but does require you to be down there a bit promptly.
Old 9 Jun 2014, 13:30 (Ref:3417541)   #262
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles lives! View Post
I have a garage vert parking pass for this year , does that entrance/exit get very busy on Sat morning/evening ? I just need to know what time to leave our campsite which is a few miles away.
Saturday morning it gets very busy very early. Better to arrive early and spend more time in the village than waste hours in a traffic jam
Old 9 Jun 2014, 13:35 (Ref:3417542)   #263
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh yes. Arrive early, have a cup of coffee, read the news and the entry list again while waiting for the warm-up.
Old 9 Jun 2014, 14:03 (Ref:3417555)   #264
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Warm up? with the stuff some people are taking to the meet that sounds like a good description
Old 9 Jun 2014, 14:09 (Ref:3417564)   #265
kaseo88
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
Oh yes. Arrive early, have a cup of coffee, read the news and the entry list again while waiting for the warm-up.
Uff… how busy and how early?

I have Pvert and T34. On Saturday I just need to be at 09.55 at my seat for the Group C Start.

Bearing in mind that I have an hour trip from Morannes (at south-west of Le Mans), at what hour should I arrive to the surroundings roads of the track/PVert access?
Old 9 Jun 2014, 15:19 (Ref:3417611)   #266
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
I ensure to arrive at parking blanc at 8h30. It's very busy from 11h00, and even earlier this year I think.
Old 9 Jun 2014, 17:42 (Ref:3417683)   #267
mferr
Rookie

mferr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In Post 574 it says

The one-way system operates throughout the weekend: access is only possible from Arnage village towards the corner, then southwards. You can't go the other way you're a pedestrian or cyclist.

There appear to be an important word(s) missing here - should it be unless or even if?
Camping at Beasejour - any advice on the practicalities of getting around on a bike - both in terms of getting to the village and out to Arnage/Mulsanne and back?
Old 9 Jun 2014, 18:02 (Ref:3417696)   #268
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
You can walk the other way, maybe by bicycle (i'm not certain).
But if you walk or ride bike around the Tribunes-Arnage-Mulsanne roads by night, I recommend strongly to wear reflective clothes or devices or use a lamp in Maglite style.
Old 9 Jun 2014, 18:20 (Ref:3417712)   #269
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mferr View Post
In Post 574 it says

The one-way system operates throughout the weekend: access is only possible from Arnage village towards the corner, then southwards. You can't go the other way you're a pedestrian or cyclist.

There appear to be an important word(s) missing here - should it be unless or even if?
Camping at Beasejour - any advice on the practicalities of getting around on a bike - both in terms of getting to the village and out to Arnage/Mulsanne and back?
The only road to go to Arnage from Beausejour is not very wide and is not lightened. Dangerous for a pedestrian or a cycle take care. During the race, will the shuttles still work from the general entrance? Tha t's the best mean but very very busy: about 1 hour to wait.
Old 9 Jun 2014, 18:22 (Ref:3417714)   #270
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaseo88 View Post
Hello, more doubts and worries. I would be really pleased if you could give me some information about this:

1- Do you know if there are some place at the circuit (gates, village or somewhere) where you can buy a folding stool/chair?

2- Until what hour uses to be opened the Pit Lane on Friday for the Pit Walk? Some sites say 20h and other 18h...

3- The museum is only opened until 18h on friday too?

Thanks a lot! I'm already getting goosebumps thinking about this friday!

Question n°2 : 20h : http://www.24h-lemans.com/en/program.../20140613.html
Old 9 Jun 2014, 18:36 (Ref:3417726)   #271
kaseo88
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
There will be numerous sellers of chairs/stools dotted around but they will charge a load more then the supermarkets, best get one there on arrival when you buy supplies

Museum usually open the full 24 hours of the race and usually open until late on the friday, after all they have a captive audience and can take more in enterance on that evening than they would usually take in a week or even a month
And how more much they will charge for a foldable stool at the track??

Regarding the Museum, Anissa YACOUB, from the Museum have told me this:

On Friday, the Museum will be open from 10am to 6pm
On Saturday, it will be from 9am to 11pm

The ticket will be valid only for all on Friday
On Saturday it will be valid only for one entry

For these 2 days you will have to buy 2 tickets

Its a pity to close the Museum on Friday at 6pm...
Old 9 Jun 2014, 18:45 (Ref:3417730)   #272
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
The little 3 legs stools were about 10 euro's last year at the circuit with chairs about 25 but they were half that price away from the circuit.
To be honest you will only want to vivit the museum once it is not that big
Old 9 Jun 2014, 18:51 (Ref:3417737)   #273
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
for what it's worth, they're £4 at decathlon in the uk and €6 at decathlon in france.
Old 9 Jun 2014, 19:23 (Ref:3417765)   #274
kaseo88
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
for what it's worth, they're £4 at decathlon in the uk and €6 at decathlon in france.
Yes! My plan is to put one of those Decathlon 3 legs stools inside the hand luggage, but i'm afraid airport security may think i'm gonna hit someone with it... and i'm not going to check-in anything.

Thanks GT6 because 10€ may worth avoiding discussions at the airport, although i may loose it at the come-back airport...
Old 9 Jun 2014, 20:13 (Ref:3417789)   #275
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
they should be fine with it - you'd be surprised at what i've taken through security on flights recently!

its worth reading the advice from your local airport on their website, or if there's nothing on there have a look at heathrow's site. they keep changing the details of what is and what isn't allowed, but i don't recall ever seeing anything about dodgy looking camping chairs