Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 3 Apr 2014, 16:16 (Ref:3388335)   #51
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnettracing View Post
Hi guys 'n' gals. For the first time this year I bought my tickets (2x general admission and 1 x camping pass) through the ACO's website, rather than my normal choice, Just Tickets.

I placed my order back in January and I was just wondering when does the ACO normally post tickets out? Have tickets even been printed yet? I'm just getting a little bit nervous...
I just received an email that they will be starting to send tickets next week (but starting with the earliest orders). However, ordering back in January shouldn't be too much of a worry, I suspect you'll be getting yours by early May at the latest.
Old 3 Apr 2014, 18:05 (Ref:3388367)   #52
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Some one on beermountain is saying that he has had an email from the ACO to say that the tickets will start to be sent out in a few days
I have had that too:

Quote:
The 82nd edition of the Le Mans 24 Hours race is fast approaching!
We will start sending the tickets in the coming days. We will proceed in a chronological order of the bookings, by starting with the bookings made since November, 6th. You will be notified by email when your tickets leave our office (usually, this email is sent the day before the first delivery attempt).
We remind you that the hand-delivery is made upon signature and that the envelope cannot be left in your mailbox. If you are away, our express carrier (UPS) will leave you a calling card, so that you can call and agree on a new delivery date.
Old 3 Apr 2014, 18:44 (Ref:3388383)   #53
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My tickets booked at a agengy in Holland always arrive late, begin of june, it never had me worried, they always deliver what I have ordered.
Old 3 Apr 2014, 19:35 (Ref:3388407)   #54
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
I just received an email that they will be starting to send tickets next week (but starting with the earliest orders). However, ordering back in January shouldn't be too much of a worry, I suspect you'll be getting yours by early May at the latest.
Strange i have not had anything from the ACO
Old 3 Apr 2014, 19:42 (Ref:3388413)   #55
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Strange i have not had anything from the ACO
Probably only sent if you order your tickets from the website, since yours are from the tourist office I don't think there should be a worry if you haven't received this particular email.
Old 3 Apr 2014, 19:55 (Ref:3388419)   #56
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
On my ACO account it shows the tickets that i have purchased and they are sent out by the ACO not Nadine
Old 5 Apr 2014, 16:10 (Ref:3389031)   #57
mclarenf1papa
Rookie

United States
mclarenf1papa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A few questions:

-If I get GA tickets now, they'll be sent to me before the race actually happens right??? ^Reading that has me confused :P

-What's the best way to get to the track from Paris? And how long does the traffic last on Sunday?

-Is taking the Rail Europe train a good idea?

-Where can you go on the track (outfield or infield)? And what are the best way(s) to get there?

Thanks
Old 5 Apr 2014, 16:16 (Ref:3389034)   #58
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclarenf1papa View Post
A few questions:

-If I get GA tickets now, they'll be sent to me before the race actually happens right??? ^Reading that has me confused :P

-What's the best way to get to the track from Paris? And how long does the traffic last on Sunday?

-Where can you go on the track (outfield or infield)? And what are the best way(s) to get there?

Thanks
The last question, you can see on this map:
https://mapsengine.google.com/map/ed...Y.kP4YaI9BXO2M

The traffic in and out of Paris can be heavy, but it depends on when you are driving, sometimes you slip straight through it
Old 5 Apr 2014, 17:46 (Ref:3389057)   #59
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclarenf1papa View Post
A few questions:

If you need only GA ticket you can buy it at the entrance during the week.
Quote:
If you start from Paris on Saturday I suggest you to leave at 6h00. You will arrive at 8h30. You will see the warm-up and avoid the traffic jams around the circuit which usually begin at 10.

Quote:
Catch a TGV at Montparnasse station. Reservation is mandatory on these trains.

Quote:
Thanks
See the CTD's map.

Welcome on the forum.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 06:46 (Ref:3389616)   #60
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
You can definitely go under that tunnel, unless we've been accidentally sneaking past the Gendarmerie in recent years.

From some directions, it's the quickest way back to the Houx campsites, and it will definitely be frequently used by you Brake dust.

That football stadium is a tragic site. A metaphor for what's wrong with my two favourite sports. That stadium crippled Le Mans FC financially, and now there's that fabulous stadium with no professional team to play in it. As a result, that eye sore on the circuit has been built for nothing, apart from sending a football club under.

All these years and I've never been to the Tetre Rouge cafe. What's it like? From the outside it just looks like a place to grab a beer.
OFFTOPIC, but never mind.

Not only that, but for a football stadium geek the old Stade Léon Bollée was an absolutely wonderful place to watch football (maybe not so much in the winter).

Look at that view! Incredible.

Same as the Ricoh really; I spent many a time in the 90s walking down past the terraced houses on Swan Lane on the way to Highfield Road. I didn't think that Coventry could do any worse than the Ricoh (faceless industrial estate, next to Makro ), but they now have.

By the way, France will be hosting the European Championships, in two years' time. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2016 Interestingly, they've completely ignored the west/north-west. Not even Nantes or Rennes got in as venues.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 14:41 (Ref:3389771)   #61
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ah the Ricoh Arena, which is identical to Pride Park, which is identical to the King Power Stadium, which is identical to St Mary's, which is....
Old 7 Apr 2014, 14:50 (Ref:3389774)   #62
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourdarbyback View Post
Ah the Ricoh Arena, which is identical to Pride Park, which is identical to the King Power Stadium, which is identical to St Mary's, which is....
CAll of those things are the same a rectangle of grass on which 22 overpaid ballerina's punt an inflated pigs bladder around while two lots of people scream abuse at each other, the players and the poor guy that was made to wear the black shirt
Old 7 Apr 2014, 15:31 (Ref:3389789)   #63
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In short, this modern Mamarena stadium, located after the Tertre-Rouge is a kind of huge cist built on our circuit.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 15:38 (Ref:3389794)   #64
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Cists should be treated with strong antibiotics before they cause problems unfortunately this one was allowed to become a problem
Old 7 Apr 2014, 16:12 (Ref:3389801)   #65
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
Well, the problem is not so much the need of a new stadium as its location.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 17:52 (Ref:3389839)   #66
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
In short, this modern Mamarena stadium, located after the Tertre-Rouge is a kind of huge cist built on our circuit.
And if I'm correct build on 'our' campingground. I dislike the thing.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 18:40 (Ref:3389863)   #67
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
And if I'm correct build on 'our' campingground. I dislike the thing.
I dislike it too but especially because of its cost we have to pay through the local taxes..........
Old 14 Apr 2014, 15:50 (Ref:3392432)   #68
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
But don't think that the whole french population is just waiting to steal your bike, after waiting hours to get on the bus from Arnarge/mulsanne back to the village, an unlocked bike is an tempting alternative, it will then be abandoned somewhere near the campsites/car parks
Old 15 Apr 2014, 15:59 (Ref:3392863)   #69
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I might be wrong. I don't think I've ever seen a bike stand at a race circuit? Granted it's not something I set out looking for.

The bike will be really useful for the trips to and from the campsite. And then off to Mulsanne/Arnage. Once you're actually into the main circuit area it probably becomes more of a hindrance. Difficult to ride much quicker than walking pace at times due to the amount of people.
Well, even walking pace is hard sometimes because of all the people
Old 16 Apr 2014, 08:22 (Ref:3393189)   #70
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
We have used bikes to travel to the chinese restaurant near the first chicane, helped escaping the busy traffic around the track a lot.
Old 20 Apr 2014, 21:08 (Ref:3395970)   #71
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Leaving Le Mans

For a return trip Le Mans to UK, Is possible to return on sunday or is a best option to stay camping sunday night and return on monday? I´m not sure if it is possible to make Le Mans-Caen/Calais/st Malo on sunday. Is my first time, so I have a lot of questions on the trip.

Thanks in advance
Old 21 Apr 2014, 07:45 (Ref:3396079)   #72
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
We always travel back Sunday and it is no problem reaching the channel ports in time for late crossings on Sunday evening.
We always take a relaxed trip back stopping for food and although booked on the last shuttle 22.20 usually get on an earlier one.
The problems with the other non channel crossings is that they are not as frequent and it is often not possible to catch the last ferry on Sunday
Old 21 Apr 2014, 10:51 (Ref:3396147)   #73
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks, I was expecting a massive traffic jam to leave Le Mans and adjacent roads.
Old 21 Apr 2014, 12:45 (Ref:3396190)   #74
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No, provided you can make a quickish exit from the campsite or car park, there's rarely any real problem.
Old 21 Apr 2014, 14:42 (Ref:3396238)   #75
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
If you pack up and move your car so that you can get away prompt it helps, you can still listen to RLM in the car for some time but if you can be out and on the road soon after 3.00 then the roads are quite clear
Closed Thread