Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 21 Apr 2014, 15:16 (Ref:3396247)   #76
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
But...... for a complete LM experience you at least want to taste some champagne drups standing under the podium. If you have the time off, leave on monday.
Old 21 Apr 2014, 16:37 (Ref:3396273)   #77
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We do, but we're always keen to get out of the car park as quick as poss as we have to get ready for dinner........
Old 21 Apr 2014, 17:47 (Ref:3396293)   #78
Richard117
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
Richard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRichard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This was the Traffic Jam halfway the main road at Houx.
Cars standing still on the same place for more than a hour.
Seeing this every year, i'm leaving monday morning.
Old 21 Apr 2014, 18:13 (Ref:3396311)   #79
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Never had any trouble with traffic when leaving directly after the race, we always make sure that the car is fully packed in the morning.
Old 21 Apr 2014, 23:18 (Ref:3396459)   #80
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Only time I've had anything like heavy traffic was getting out of Expo in 2007, when I suspect a combination of rain and not being entirely clear about where I was going had an effect.

Tertre Rouge is surprisingly easy to escape from post race - even in a silent car inching down to the exit. I suspect the key is in having the right approach to preparing and either bring ready to go promptly or getting yourself somewhere where traffic won't muck things up for you.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 06:00 (Ref:3396507)   #81
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Only time I've had anything like heavy traffic was getting out of Expo in 2007, when I suspect a combination of rain and not being entirely clear about where I was going had an effect.

Tertre Rouge is surprisingly easy to escape from post race - even in a silent car inching down to the exit. I suspect the key is in having the right approach to preparing and either bring ready to go promptly or getting yourself somewhere where traffic won't muck things up for you.
A silent car. i think that even those with ear defenders on will be able to hear you coming in the dodge charger this year.
As Ian says pack the car and position it ready to leave
Old 22 Apr 2014, 15:04 (Ref:3396750)   #82
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Houx is completely rammed by the time we get back, and last year we walked straight back from the Ford Chicane when the race finished. No one moves as well, the traffic sits there, last year I went for a snooze an an hour later went for some food and the same car was still nearest our tent.

Glad we toddle off on the Monday morning.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 15:08 (Ref:3396751)   #83
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
You can move the car once it is packed to either a space closer to the exit or as we used to you can move it to the green car park right at TR corner, that way you are closer to the front of the queue
Old 30 Apr 2014, 17:08 (Ref:3400069)   #84
nkoske
Racer

United States
Bay Area, CA
nkoske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Two quick questions:

1. During the Wed and Thurs the grandstand are pretty much a free for all, from what I remember. Late at night or early morning during the race can anyone get into the stands above pit lane?

2. What's the cost of the little radios RLM sells?
Old 30 Apr 2014, 17:33 (Ref:3400072)   #85
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Although some people have managed to get into the stands when the security is otherwise distracted you can not normal get into any of the grandstands on saturday or Sunday unless you have a ticket for that stand.

The little radios are usually about 10 euro's but the frequency for radio le mans is usually 102.7 so most radio's will pick that up so best to get one before the race, ear defender radio's are better but more expensive but there is a separate tread on that
Old 30 Apr 2014, 17:35 (Ref:3400075)   #86
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
1. Grandstands are free on Wednesday/Thursday, at night you have to time it correctly to get into the grandstands if you don't have a ticket. Last year I went to my grandstand seat at about 11pm, the grandstand was about half-full but there wasn't anyone checking passes at that moment. However, I think there was someone giving out return passes when I left about an hour later.

2. I bought mine last year for 15 Euros.

EDIT: And Simon, it's been 91.2 FM for a few years.
Old 30 Apr 2014, 17:43 (Ref:3400078)   #87
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
sorry still living in the nineties yes you are right victor 91.2 now

But still think you can get a good little radio for a couple of quid/dollars
Old 30 Apr 2014, 18:04 (Ref:3400088)   #88
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Indeed, last year for the first time during the night the grandstand were free accesible. Can't remember the times. Let's hope it is the same this year, although I was surpised finding a stranger on my seat.
Old 30 Apr 2014, 19:43 (Ref:3400128)   #89
nkoske
Racer

United States
Bay Area, CA
nkoske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
The little radios are usually about 10 euro's but the frequency for radio le mans is usually 102.7 so most radio's will pick that up so best to get one before the race, ear defender radio's are better but more expensive but there is a separate tread on that
OK cool. If I can't find one around the house I'll pick one up here in the states for $10 or so.

Posted this elsewhere, but I'm going to give this a whirl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmk-y_9exJ8#t=28

Got the supplies. We'll see how well it does this weekend at Laguna.
Old 10 May 2014, 12:44 (Ref:3404502)   #90
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stampchez View Post
What exactly should we expect when it comes to the condition of the showers and toilets? We are camping in Bleu Nord but have seats in T18 which I understand has its own showers and bathrooms.
Showers can be described as... tepid? I think that's the best word.
And take your own toilet roll
Old 10 May 2014, 12:56 (Ref:3404507)   #91
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
The showers seem to improve each year, but at busy times they will be a little tepid, but choose a less busy time and they are OK, make sure yo take as little to the showers as possible and remember flip flops are easier than anything else in the confined spaces.
Loo's and showers are kept reasonably clean and in recent years paper is available but to be safe take some off your roll and put it in the pockets of your shorts/trousers, so much better than socks
Old 10 May 2014, 13:14 (Ref:3404511)   #92
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
And take your own toilet roll
Socks work just as well

(And then I read GT6's last sentence....)
Old 10 May 2014, 15:38 (Ref:3404553)   #93
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
That is why the english wear socks at all times, emergencies might happen.

Suggest you read the sock story hawkwood, you may find it brings a smile to your face
Old 10 May 2014, 16:45 (Ref:3404578)   #94
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've not used the showers at the back of the ACO members stands, but the loos are very good indeed.
Old 11 May 2014, 07:02 (Ref:3404804)   #95
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Yes flip flops are essential
Old 11 May 2014, 10:23 (Ref:3404866)   #96
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
That is exactly as i do, we must have read the same instruction manual
Old 11 May 2014, 19:46 (Ref:3405092)   #97
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
And I always take a big plastic bag with me to put in my clothes and towel, to keep it dry.
Same here, make sure you only wear shorts and a tshirt because cabins are very small. Putting on jeans takes some practice. Last years showers have improved a lot. They are warm and 'clean' and if you pick the right time there is no que.
Old 11 May 2014, 21:19 (Ref:3405135)   #98
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
And if it is raining take an umbrella, or you will get wet
Old 11 May 2014, 21:23 (Ref:3405138)   #99
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
And if it is raining take an umbrella, or you will get wet
Not such thing as bad weather, only poor choice of clothing (poor translation of a danish saying )
Old 11 May 2014, 21:36 (Ref:3405145)   #100
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
To be honest even if it is raining still head to the showers wearing t shirt flip flops and shorts
Closed Thread