Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 12 May 2014, 07:13 (Ref:3405230)   #101
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
That is exactly as i do, we must have read the same instruction manual
I think its called 'Learning From Experience'
Old 12 May 2014, 07:30 (Ref:3405236)   #102
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I think its called 'Learning From Experience'
i think we have all been doing this for to long
Old 12 May 2014, 09:11 (Ref:3405277)   #103
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The showers in Houx are rather warm. It's slightly ironic that every year the post-race shower I look forward too so much normally ends with scolding.
Old 12 May 2014, 16:59 (Ref:3405485)   #104
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
I just take flip flops, a toiletry bag and wrap the towel I'm going to use around my waist. No sense in bringing any more than you have to.
Old 12 May 2014, 17:23 (Ref:3405494)   #105
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
I just take flip flops, a toiletry bag and wrap the towel I'm going to use around my waist. No sense in bringing any more than you have to.
you had better hope no one nicks your towel, or you could be mistaken for a streaker,
Old 12 May 2014, 17:29 (Ref:3405500)   #106
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
you had better hope no one nicks your towel, or you could be mistaken for a streaker,
It wouldn't be the first time!
Old 12 May 2014, 19:06 (Ref:3405552)   #107
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Streaker at Le Mans, please not a male one...
Old 12 May 2014, 20:28 (Ref:3405602)   #108
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Streaker at Le Mans, please not a male one...
That wouldn't be the first one, as you know.

We once left our Houx annexe campsite on the Sunday evening to get a bite to eat in a restaurant somewhere, when we , while exciting the campsite, came across a group of say, ten or twelve gentlemen. Fully kitted out. Caps, Backpacks, hikingshoes and sunglasses. Except for their clothes, that was...
Old 12 May 2014, 20:44 (Ref:3405610)   #109
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
we have had naked people running through TR on several occassions but always male
Old 13 May 2014, 10:36 (Ref:3405794)   #110
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
we have had naked people running through TR on several occassions but always male
Oh dear what Have I got myself into.
Old 13 May 2014, 11:37 (Ref:3405813)   #111
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Hey. I'm getting worried, too, fella!
Hmmm. You're in TR too? Solves MANY problems, that!
Old 13 May 2014, 21:20 (Ref:3406012)   #112
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Can we persuade you to keep your kit on this year, Simon?
Old 13 May 2014, 21:27 (Ref:3406016)   #113
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Can we persuade you to keep your kit on this year, Simon?
Meaning, more than just the hat
(which we know you will never leave without)
Old 14 May 2014, 05:59 (Ref:3406088)   #114
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
The hat is looking very sad these days so it might not make it down this year, but don't worry i have been looking for a replacement. Oh just in case people are worried about camping at TR the streaker's there in the past have not included me
Old 24 May 2014, 17:08 (Ref:3409894)   #115
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great, thanks for the swift response Victor.
Old 24 May 2014, 17:10 (Ref:3409895)   #116
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A classic FM radio is fine (I think RLM is received wherever you are on the circuit). I usually take a model with LR6 batteries which work longer instead of a model with a charged over USB battery.
Some people are of a different opinion.
Old 24 May 2014, 22:06 (Ref:3410037)   #117
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If you by digital mean a digital search of the analog FM frequency, then yes, you can use a digital one
I use an iPod Nano with great success.
Old 25 May 2014, 10:29 (Ref:3410217)   #118
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks guys, i'm clear now. cheers
Old 25 May 2014, 19:02 (Ref:3410495)   #119
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
... I usually take a model with LR6 batteries which work longer instead of a model with a charged over USB battery...
Definitely good advice. If you go to the qualifying sessions on Weds and Thursday and then the pre-race build-up you've probably listened to nearly 20hrs before the main race even starts.

You'd need to have one of those emergency USB chargers to get a rechargeable radio through the race, which probably would cost more than a battery powered radio anyway.
Old 25 May 2014, 21:23 (Ref:3410567)   #120
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
I've got a massive chunky battery powered thing that's my standby through the week. I've a small svelte and now a bit retro Microsoft Zune that I use when I want to be mobile, but having something that I know will see through the week with nothing more than a couple of AAs is very nice indeed.
Old 26 May 2014, 10:56 (Ref:3410825)   #121
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yep in terms of battery life and external power packs my phone is enough of a concern without having to worry about a radio.

Me and wwodb both have a Roberts Sports 995. Thin, light and a couple of AAA's will last you the entire week.

Guessing it's discontinued now - hence the price: http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_...rts+Sports+995
Old 27 May 2014, 06:07 (Ref:3411153)   #122
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I usually take an old Nokia phone with FM radio and it works great. I am not using it for anything else so the battery will last all race.

I find it is much easier with digital tuning - I used to use a roberts radio that only had analog tuning and it was a nightmare to keep it on station. There is a French speaking commentary that is almost on top of RLM
Old 27 May 2014, 16:45 (Ref:3411386)   #123
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
Muldanne is ok, you can see over the fence there with your camera
Old 27 May 2014, 17:06 (Ref:3411391)   #124
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Sorry Bernard but as you know i am not really into photography i just watch the cars and for me Arnage is best at night a magical place to watch the cars, but i trust you if you say it is not much use for taking pictures,
But it is well worth a visit anyway just put the camera away and watch/listen to the cars.
Old 27 May 2014, 17:29 (Ref:3411406)   #125
Intimidator
Rookie

Italy
Intimidator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mmmh I have a 300mm lens. I'll give it a try
Closed Thread