Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One > Predictions Contest & Fun

Closed Thread

Old 14 Feb 2005, 18:58 (Ref:1225528)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
2005 10 Tenths F1 Results Prediction Competition!

Here it is, the

2005 10 Tenths F1 Results Prediction Competition!

Our traditional Prediction Competition remains unchanged: Can you predict the pole-sitter plus the top 8 finishers in each race. There are also some tie-breakers.

The rules for the F1 Results Predictions Competition:

The competition is to choose the top eight finishers in Sunday's Grand Prix, plus the winner of the Pole Position.

2 Points will be awarded for each driver in the correctly predicted place and 1 point shall be awarded for a chosen driver in the top eight in a position other than that predicted.

1 Point shall be awarded for Pole

You can enter all the rounds or just a few to go for race wins.

How to enter

Entries are made on-line for each round. The links for each entry are below. This has the advantage of keeping your prediction secret and allows you to enter it early without showing your hand. The online entry will also give you chance to see what you have entered. You can re-submit, if you change your mind, but keep this to a minimum.

However it is a discussion forum, so please discuss who you think will win in the predictions thread! Only public predictions can result in humble pie! After each round deadline the entries may well be made public!

Each Friday, one week before the race, a new results prediction thread will be posted. The deadline for posting predictions will for each race weekend will be the following Friday, at the start of first free practice (or Thursday in the case of Monaco). Although you can enter your predictions at any time before the deadline. If you are going to be absent, and thus not be able to post your predictions during the week in which the predictions thread will be open, you can post your predictions in advance, either in the previous predictions entry form (you can post predictions for all 19 races prior to the first GP of the season if you like).

On the online form please enter you 10 Tenths user name and your choices.

If you enter a driver's name in two positions neither will count.

If you have trouble submitting on-line then you can submit your entries by PM. In this case you must all make sure to post your predictions in such a manner that I understand who you are picking for which position. If I have any doubt whatsoever, your prediction could be annulled. Above all though, this is a fun competition, so I will do my best to contact you prior to the deadline if I am in doubt over who you have selected, and you will then be given the opportunity to clarify your predictions before the deadline. Although there is a risk that you or I might be away and don't have the opportunity to clarify.

If you use PM, please can you put them in the following format:

driver1 : enter your choice for 1st place in WDC
driver2 : enter your choice for 2nd place in WDC
driver3 : enter your choice for 3rd place in WDC
driver4 : enter your choice for 4th place in WDC
driver5 : enter your choice for 5th place in WDC
driver6 : enter your choice for 6th place in WDC
driver7 : enter your choice for 7th place in WDC
driver8 : enter your choice for 8th place in WDC
team1 : enter your choice for 1st place in WCC
team2 : enter your choice for 2nd place in WCC
team3 : enter your choice for 3rd place in WCC
team4 : enter your choice for 4th place in WCC
team5 : enter your choice for 5th place in WCC
team6 : enter your choice for 6th place in WCC
team7 : enter your choice for 7th place in WCC
team8 : enter your choice for 8th place in WCC

The final FIA classifications will count, so if they have to go to court for a decision we shall wait, or change the results! If something odd really happens and there is a dispute then the 10 Tenths' judges decision is final.

If two or more users are tied on points from all the rounds, the winner will be the one with the best predictions for the final standings. If that results in a tie, the winner will be the one with the highest number of points in one single round. If that still results in a tie, the winner will be the one with the second highest number of points in one single round, etc. If everything remains equal after this, those who are tied will share the victory.

Anyone who is a member of Ten Tenths can enter, and at any point during the season. However, delaying your entry until Suzuka will reduce your chances of winning the Competition, but race wins will still be achievable.

The prize for winning is Glory and the knowledge that you are smarter than the rest of us.

So, post your predictions below - the best of luck to all participants! Roll on 2005!

Entry forms:
Championship entries/tiebreaker

(the round entry forms will be available soon).

Good luck
The F1 team.

P.S. Any questions or problems, please shout up. It is a new entry method and there may be teething problems.

Last edited by Adam43; 14 Feb 2005 at 18:58.
Old 14 Feb 2005, 19:20 (Ref:1225552)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The prize is a McLaren test drive and £25 000.

Or possibly not
Old 14 Feb 2005, 20:26 (Ref:1225615)   #3
Vicki
Veteran

England
Stoke
Vicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There, my first ever entry in this competition! Not quite sure why Peter Mallett is on the list, and there are lots of other drivers on there I don't recognise too.
Old 14 Feb 2005, 21:07 (Ref:1225643)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just covering all bases, in case you think there is a likely driver change mid season (Peter) or an unlikely one (Jos)
Old 14 Feb 2005, 21:10 (Ref:1225648)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
People predictios are already being talked about if you need some advice: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...t=64220&page=3
Old 15 Feb 2005, 03:22 (Ref:1225845)   #6
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, I've just submitted. But, where is José MarÃ*a López in the driver's list???
Old 15 Feb 2005, 12:51 (Ref:1226136)   #7
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peter Mallett for WDC!!

F1 really need some youngster to emerge and change the current uncolourful panorama
Old 15 Feb 2005, 15:35 (Ref:1226268)   #8
speedbump
Racer

Canada
Toronto
speedbump should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where can I find last years final results ?
The final results were delayed a bit and I must have missed them.
Old 15 Feb 2005, 15:52 (Ref:1226285)   #9
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Aw... come on guys/gals... Don't be shy. What did you predict? When I put my entry in, you can be sure I wont be chicken to post what I did here!

Mmmm. pie
Old 15 Feb 2005, 16:30 (Ref:1226323)   #10
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Here are my predictions. Nice and early.... This year, I go more with my heart than my mind. Giancarlo will fight for the championship with Michael. The first 4 races will be Renault whitewashes, but the new Ferrari will be too much for the French outfit, and they will gradually catch up, and ultimately take both the WDC and WCC.

It'll also be the year that Taku will break through.. He'll be very close to Jenson, but the BAR won't be in the same class as the Ferrari, McLaren or Renault.
Therfore:

driver1: Michael Schumacher
driver2: Giancarlo Fisichella
driver3: Rubens Barrichello
driver4: Fernando Alonso
driver5: Kimi Raikkonen
driver6: Juan Pablo Montoya
driver7: Jenson Button
driver8: Takuma Sato

team1: Ferrari
team2: Renault
team3: McLaren
team4: BAR
team5: Williams
team6: Sauber
team7: Toyota
team8: Jordan

Come on chickens... Am I alone on my limb?
Old 15 Feb 2005, 17:06 (Ref:1226355)   #11
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I take it back!
I'm doing the fancy one given by Adam!

Dumdiedum...

Last edited by ASCII Man; 15 Feb 2005 at 17:12.
Old 15 Feb 2005, 17:10 (Ref:1226361)   #12
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
What? No JV?
Old 15 Feb 2005, 17:17 (Ref:1226374)   #13
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mine in nice and early........
Old 15 Feb 2005, 17:28 (Ref:1226387)   #14
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, I've sent my own predictions in already, just like the other two sad people who are at least brave enough to admit it!

driver1: Kimi Raikkonen
driver2: Michael Schumacher
driver3:
Rubens Barrichello
driver4:
Nick Heidfeld
driver5:
Juan Pablo Montoya
driver6:
Mark Webber
driver7:
Jacques Villeneuve
driver8:
Giancarlo Fisichella

team1:
Ferrari
team2: McLaren
team3:
Williams
team4:
BAR
team5:
Renault
team6:
Sauber
team7:
Toyota
team8:
Jordan

Last edited by ASCII Man; 15 Feb 2005 at 17:28.
Old 15 Feb 2005, 17:43 (Ref:1226409)   #15
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
That't better Ascii.. THis version has Jacques in it!
Old 15 Feb 2005, 17:49 (Ref:1226417)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'll post my predictions when I actually dare think about it.

Last year I posted before the infamous Imola test and the results were embarrassing.
Old 15 Feb 2005, 17:50 (Ref:1226422)   #17
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Don't forget you can change your predictions... once.

Last edited by Inigo Montoya; 15 Feb 2005 at 17:52.
Old 15 Feb 2005, 18:27 (Ref:1226461)   #18
CleanTone
Racer

Romania
Colentina
CleanTone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
driver2: Kimi Raikkonen
driver4: Jenson Button
driver5: JPM
driver6: Giancarlo Fisichella
driver7: Ralf Schumacher
driver8:Nick Heidfeld

team2: McLaren
team3: BAR
team4: Renault
team6: Toyota
team7: Sauber
team8: RBR
Old 16 Feb 2005, 05:51 (Ref:1226807)   #19
ozrevhead
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
ozrevhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
im gonna put my tipping where my mouth is...

driver1: Mark Webber
driver3: Kimi Raikkonen
driver4: Juan Pablo Montoya
driver5: Rubens Barrichello
driver6: Fernando Alonso
driver7: Nick Heidfeld
driver8: Jenson Button

team1: Williams
team2: Ferrari
team5: BAR
team8: Red Bull

hides under the bed waiting the missiles
Old 16 Feb 2005, 09:54 (Ref:1226996)   #20
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Blam!
Old 16 Feb 2005, 11:15 (Ref:1227071)   #21
Gabrio
Veteran

Gabrio should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGabrio should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I put mine in yesterday but I can't remember all of them.....
Old 16 Feb 2005, 13:34 (Ref:1227201)   #22
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is it that time of the year already?...
hmm...tough one...i still cant figure out which teams are going to be competitive etc.
Old 16 Feb 2005, 16:29 (Ref:1227351)   #23
Vicki
Veteran

England
Stoke
Vicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've put mine in for the second time after being informed I'd put RS twice, so redid it. Can't for the life of me remember what I put, if anyone "in the know" wants to put them up so I can remember I don't mind. Hopefully won't look too stupid, this is my first time doing things like this.
Old 16 Feb 2005, 16:30 (Ref:1227352)   #24
agwiii
Racer

United States
Paradise
agwiii should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozrevhead
im gonna put my tipping where my mouth is...

driver1: Mark Webber
driver3: Kimi Raikkonen
driver4: Juan Pablo Montoya
driver5: Rubens Barrichello
driver6: Fernando Alonso
driver7: Nick Heidfeld
driver8: Jenson Button

team1: Williams
team2: Ferrari
team5: BAR
team8: Red Bull

hides under the bed waiting the missiles
You are a true optimist!
Old 16 Feb 2005, 16:33 (Ref:1227354)   #25
agwiii
Racer

United States
Paradise
agwiii should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya
Here are my predictions. Nice and early.... This year, I go more with my heart than my mind. Giancarlo will fight for the championship with Michael. The first 4 races will be Renault whitewashes, but the new Ferrari will be too much for the French outfit, and they will gradually catch up, and ultimately take both the WDC and WCC.

It'll also be the year that Taku will break through.. He'll be very close to Jenson, but the BAR won't be in the same class as the Ferrari, McLaren or Renault.
Therfore:

driver2: Giancarlo Fisichella
driver4: Fernando Alonso
driver5: Kimi Raikkonen
driver6: Juan Pablo Montoya
driver7: Jenson Button
driver8: Takuma Sato

team2: Renault
team4: BAR
team6: Sauber
team7: Toyota
team8: Jordan

Come on chickens... Am I alone on my limb?
Inigo:

You are not on a limb. You are waaaaaaaaaaaay out there, on a very thin and willowy, almost ghost-like twig! :-)
Closed Thread