Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Jul 2020, 09:22 (Ref:3989408)   #26
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Only if they were using the old start/finish line
Old 19 Jul 2020, 09:36 (Ref:3989409)   #27
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If it had to have a geographical designation, my personal preference would be to name it:

The Aylesbury Vale GP

However, I think the race name is already confirmed...
Old 19 Jul 2020, 11:44 (Ref:3989446)   #28
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is it? I thought we were deciding it here? I’m disappointed now.

I thought Milton Keynes GP. You can see the Snozone from the track.
Old 19 Jul 2020, 11:56 (Ref:3989453)   #29
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
How about the Silverstone Grand Prix, or is that too obvious?
Old 19 Jul 2020, 12:20 (Ref:3989460)   #30
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
True. This is usually the place that decides things on behalf of the real world....
Old 19 Jul 2020, 17:16 (Ref:3989556)   #31
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
True. This is usually the place that decides things on behalf of the real world....
Err?
Old 19 Jul 2020, 21:14 (Ref:3989601)   #32
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

I thought Milton Keynes GP. You can see the Snozone from the track.
Can you? I thought all them grandstands would be in the way.
Old 19 Jul 2020, 22:01 (Ref:3989609)   #33
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I doubt you can. As I said you can see Club from the road outside, but not sure if you can see any other parts of the track from the roads outside
Old 19 Jul 2020, 22:18 (Ref:3989611)   #34
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If the Dunlop Tower still existed it might be possible. It more or less faced the right direction.
Old 19 Jul 2020, 22:23 (Ref:3989614)   #35
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
The track is covered by Street View. A 'virtual' lap might confirm if the SnoZone can be seen.
Old 19 Jul 2020, 22:34 (Ref:3989616)   #36
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
I tried Google Earth and got nothing, even with the 3D buildings box ticked.
Old 19 Jul 2020, 23:53 (Ref:3989625)   #37
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Can you? I thought all them grandstands would be in the way.
Yeah. If you are on the inside and can see to the side of the maggots grandstand. Or if you are in that grandstand and look out of the back of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I doubt you can. As I said you can see Club from the road outside, but not sure if you can see any other parts of the track from the roads outside
You can. I have.

Don’t worry, I doubt anyone will sit on the top of the snozone and watch the GP. It’s about ten miles away!
Quote:
The track is covered by Street View. A 'virtual' lap might confirm if the SnoZone can be seen.
I do hope someone can verify this on google maps otherwise my integrity will be shot to pieces.

Although there isn't a need to confirm it as I've seen it. Attached, a photo taken at the 2018 WEC race. Snozone dome on the horizon. Not in focus as I was trying to focus on the car, although fencing makes that difficult.
Attached Thumbnails
sigh.jpg  

Last edited by Adam43; 20 Jul 2020 at 01:29.
Old 20 Jul 2020, 09:37 (Ref:3989697)   #38
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's an emerging volcano, surely?
Old 20 Jul 2020, 20:40 (Ref:3989828)   #39
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans

You can also go skydiving, shopping or watch a film there. I believe google will verify that the complex is called Xscape.
Old 20 Jul 2020, 20:56 (Ref:3989835)   #40
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent View Post
Will the second Silverstone event have a different name as they have done in Austria?
GP of Northampton?
Saint Nicola would like a Scottish GP but that would have to be at Knockhill.
Because as we all know, Imola is in San Marino.
Old 21 Jul 2020, 06:05 (Ref:3989864)   #41
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Think they should take a leaf out of the Red Bull Ring's book but rather than the "GP of Northants" go with the "GP of Towcester".

Would throw up heaps of different pronunciations. Those from the UK would of course pronounce it "toaster", but those from other countries would have a range of different ideas, such as "t ow sester", "t ow chester", "tow sester" etc etc.
Old 23 Jul 2020, 10:33 (Ref:3990339)   #42
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

You can also go skydiving, shopping or watch a film there. I believe google will verify that the complex is called Xscape.
My son is a keen snowboarder. He's been there many times....
Old 23 Jul 2020, 10:34 (Ref:3990340)   #43
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Think they should take a leaf out of the Red Bull Ring's book but rather than the "GP of Northants" go with the "GP of Towcester".

Would throw up heaps of different pronunciations. Those from the UK would of course pronounce it "toaster", but those from other countries would have a range of different ideas, such as "t ow sester", "t ow chester", "tow sester" etc etc.
Tows Esther?
Old 23 Jul 2020, 11:33 (Ref:3990356)   #44
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I do hope someone can verify this on google maps otherwise my integrity will be shot to pieces.

Although there isn't a need to confirm it as I've seen it. Attached, a photo taken at the 2018 WEC race. Snozone dome on the horizon. Not in focus as I was trying to focus on the car, although fencing makes that difficult.
Looks like you were on the exit of Stowe for that one - and yep, that's the XScape dome alright. All the years I've spent on track and I've never spotted it in the distance!

Old 23 Jul 2020, 12:32 (Ref:3990362)   #45
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Looks like you were on the exit of Stowe for that one - and yep, that's the XScape dome alright. All the years I've spent on track and I've never spotted it in the distance!

Me too, I can see it from near my home, never realised it was visible from Silverstone as well.
Old 23 Jul 2020, 13:11 (Ref:3990368)   #46
S griffin
Veteran

I wonder how useful it will be for the GP, I guess it’s a nice landmark to have in the background
Old 23 Jul 2020, 13:23 (Ref:3990373)   #47
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I wonder how useful it will be for the GP, I guess it’s a nice landmark to have in the background
I'm not sure anything in Milton Keynes has ever been referred to as a 'nice landmark'
Old 23 Jul 2020, 13:42 (Ref:3990380)   #48
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
I'm not sure anything in Milton Keynes has ever been referred to as a 'nice landmark'
I liked the concrete cows.
Old 23 Jul 2020, 13:46 (Ref:3990383)   #49
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like the A5 which takes you out of the town
Old 23 Jul 2020, 13:56 (Ref:3990384)   #50
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
I like the A5 which takes you out of the town
The problem occurs if you take it north - you eventually reach up in Telford and more of the same.....