Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 22 Apr 2021, 04:43 (Ref:4047208)   #251
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Renowned motorsport scribe Grant Rowley has just launched a series of children's books. Presumably aimed squarely at some of our members.
Old 8 Nov 2021, 23:37 (Ref:4082279)   #252
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What’s happened to Foges at Auto Action??
Old 9 Nov 2021, 09:53 (Ref:4082325)   #253
banksie
Racer

Australia
Victoria
banksie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw Foges had contributed to motorsport.com recently. Gover had taken his place at AA seemingly.
Old 22 Apr 2022, 05:01 (Ref:4107554)   #254
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Auto Action has really gone off the boil recently , particularly when it comes to Supercars, ever since Foges and Bruce Newton left/were shown the door (Foges demeanour in the parked up plus first episode sounded like AA punted him?)

AA has seemingly started slipping back into the “Bauer end days” mode of offering nothing but praise and seeking access rather than chasing the news ever since Mr Gover stepped in.

Firstly there was an article about Gen3 where the author advocates the drivers not talking about any negatives to Gen3 and iust heaping praise….. is that journalism?

The lastest edition completely ignores the story about Supercars not wanting SVG to race Trans-Am and instead has a glowing profile piece on Barclay Nettlefold, including his glowing appraisal of his own work at Swimming Australia….despite the fact he quit after only 18 months amid an investigation into inappropriate workplace behaviour….

While the swimming Australia part probably has no place in a car racing magazine, mentioning the glowing parts but not the rest does make you wonder where the current AA ship steerers priorities are at…..independent journalism doesn’t seem to be the top of the list.
Old 22 Apr 2022, 08:26 (Ref:4107567)   #255
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I just haven't given them any of my money for years.

Sleuth should revive Motorsport Enews... That was bloody good and well worth paying for.

But with the 2 Sleuth vehicles plus Parked Up with Foges, do we need print?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Old 24 Apr 2022, 10:35 (Ref:4107756)   #256
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The podcast sector is pretty crowded these days, particularly around Australian Motorsport.

Athough not too many are actually worth listening to.
Old 25 Apr 2022, 03:24 (Ref:4107919)   #257
one five five
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
The podcast sector is pretty crowded these days, particularly around Australian Motorsport.

Athough not too many are actually worth listening to.
Are there really that many?

Motorsport News, parked up/parked up plus, on the grid and drivers seat all cover “newsy” areas around Supercars which I guess has the most crossover…. But look at how many F1, MotoGP, NASCAR podcasts are out there all talking about the same things?

Then there are others like V8 Sleuth podcast doing the retrospective interviews, below the bonnet does it’s thing, girls on the grid from Network R alongside parked up ….. those ones have their own niche

I can’t think of any other professional podcasts on Australian Motorsport from major media players who are using podcasts to make a living. There’d be smaller fan based ones out there probably, but you can’t really compare those with these.
Old 26 Apr 2022, 10:29 (Ref:4108078)   #258
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For championship standings/stats i use https://www.revcounter.online/
Old 26 Apr 2022, 11:40 (Ref:4108091)   #259
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post

Motorsport News, parked up/parked up plus, on the grid and drivers seat all cover “newsy” areas around Supercars which I guess has the most crossover…. But look at how many F1, MotoGP, NASCAR podcasts are out there all talking about the same things?

Then there are others like V8 Sleuth podcast doing the retrospective interviews, below the bonnet does it’s thing, girls on the grid from Network R alongside parked up ….. those ones have their own niche

I can’t think of any other professional podcasts on Australian Motorsport from major media players who are using podcasts to make a living. There’d be smaller fan based ones out there probably, but you can’t really compare those with these.
Rusty’s Garage
Old 26 Apr 2022, 11:51 (Ref:4108093)   #260
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
At a quick glance:

The V8 Sleuth
Torque n Power
Inside Motor Sport
On The Grid
The Driver's Seat
Motorsport Coaching
Multi 21 Race Team
Rev Limiter
The Podium
FormulaOz
Racers, start your engines
The GrassRoots Motorsport Podcast
Castrol Motorsport News
Supercar Chat
Old 9 Feb 2023, 10:29 (Ref:4143245)   #261
banksie
Racer

Australia
Victoria
banksie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surprised to see Mark Fogarty reporting on Speedcafe.
Old 9 Feb 2023, 13:56 (Ref:4143273)   #262
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by banksie View Post
I still remember him doing the BTCC for the BBC.
Old 28 May 2023, 00:55 (Ref:4158249)   #263
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Debrief With The Dude
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 13 Jul 2023, 08:20 (Ref:4168195)   #264
Jack65
Racer

Jack65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Speedcafe hardly covering itself in glory. Blanchard denies suggestions of exodus
Old 27 Feb 2024, 08:33 (Ref:4198446)   #265
one five five
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by banksie View Post
Is he still with Speedcafe?

I’ve noticed his podcast “Speedcafe Newscast” has seemingly gone missing this year?
Old 4 Mar 2024, 11:46 (Ref:4199873)   #266
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Speedcafe seems a bit touchy these days..

Mr Morris, “Nostradamus of Norwell”, made a short video across the weekend talking about Mr Kostecki and how he ‘should’ be driving in V8Supercar.

There were plenty of comments on there, which seems to have prompted Speedcafe to plonk a news story up Here with a new title, and if you didn’t know better you might think Mr Morris had spoken the video story for them.

In a subsequent video in response, Mr Morris called out Speedcafe for the regurgitated ‘clickbait’ article originating from his video

The exchange subsequent to that is funny.. and freaking scary..

Are there seriously no journalists that could ask these questions without pinching the dialog verbatim from somebody else who is not part of their team..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 4 Mar 2024, 12:17 (Ref:4199879)   #267
Umai Naa
Veteran

They seem quite comfortable to be teeing off at AA and the Sleuth in their podcasts.
Old 9 Mar 2024, 12:16 (Ref:4200585)   #268
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So with Auto Action going Subscription only at the end of March and no longer on New Stands how long will it last in print format ??

I'll be sad to see a staple in my Motorsport diet since the early 80's disappear off the news stands.