Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2022 Repco Championship Series?
#2 Mobil 1 nti Nick Percat WAU Holden 1 4.55%
#3 CoolDrive Autoparts Tim Slade TBR Ford 0 0%
#4 SCT Logistics Jack Smith BJR Holden 0 0%
#5 TBC James Courtney Tickford Ford 0 0%
#6 Monster Energy Cameron Waters Tickford Ford 0 0%
#8 R&J Batteries Andre Heimgartner BJR Holden 0 0%
#9 Boost Mobile Will Brown Erebus Holden 2 9.09%
#10 Penrite Lee Holdsworth KGR Ford 0 0%
#11 Shell V-Power Anton De Pasquale DJR Ford 3 13.64%
#14 Middys Bryce Fullwood BJR Holden 0 0%
#17 Shell V-Power Will Davison DJR Ford 0 0%
#18 IRWIN Tools Mark Winterbottom T18 Holden 0 0%
#20 TBC Scott Pye T18 Holden 0 0%
#22 Coca Cola Chris Pither PremiAir Holden 0 0%
#25 Mobil 1 Optus Chaz Mostert WAU Holden 2 9.09%
#26 Penrite David Reynolds KGR Ford 0 0%
#34 Truck Assist Jack Le Brocq MSR Holden 0 0%
#35 Truck Assist Todd Hazelwood MSR Holden 1 4.55%
#55 Castrol Thomas Randle Tickford Ford 0 0%
#56 Tradie Jake Kostecki Tickford Ford 0 0%
#76 Subway Garry Jacobson PremiAir Holden 0 0%
#88 Red Bull Ampol Broc Feeney 888 Holden 0 0%
#96 Automotive Superstore Macauley Jones BJR Holden 0 0%
#97 Red Bull Ampol Shane van Gisbergen 888 Holden 13 59.09%
#99 Boost Mobile Brodie Kostecki Erebus Holden 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19 Nov 2021, 11:00 (Ref:4084334)   #176
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybanana View Post
Matt Payne just booked his seat for next year. Tops both sessions he participated in today, ahead of some vastly experiemced drivers. Very impressive stuff.
Doesn’t have enough Super License points though
Old 20 Nov 2021, 03:46 (Ref:4084467)   #177
billybanana
Veteran

billybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbillybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He'll get the dispenstation I'm sure.
Old 21 Nov 2021, 03:21 (Ref:4084696)   #178
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Matt Payne just booked his seat for next year. Tops both sessions he participated in today, ahead of some vastly experiemced drivers. Very impressive stuff.
Is that the same bloke that just took out the tyre wall at the end of the main straight?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 21 Nov 2021, 11:45 (Ref:4084738)   #179
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
He'll get the dispenstation I'm sure.
Why should he? What’s the point in having the Super Licence points then??
Old 22 Nov 2021, 23:33 (Ref:4085029)   #180
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Who's this Cameron kid straight out of TCR into S5000 and who demolished a field with some very experienced drivers in shocking conditions?

I would imagine a few people in the Supercar garages will have raised an eyebrow or two at that sort of performance, Maybe team principals further afielf too.
Old 3 Dec 2021, 04:28 (Ref:4086394)   #181
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great Investment by Boost Mobile
Old 4 Dec 2021, 09:13 (Ref:4086530)   #182
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Where to for 2021 Super3 series champion Nash Morris next year?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 7 Dec 2021, 12:17 (Ref:4087456)   #183
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They still have the FG-X that Mr De Pasquale drove a few years back.
Old 8 Dec 2021, 09:27 (Ref:4087646)   #184
one five five
Veteran

Interesting the story today that puts to bed the field ever expanding beyond 26, for the moment anyway.
Old 8 Dec 2021, 10:40 (Ref:4087653)   #185
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Interesting the story today that puts to bed the field ever expanding beyond 26, for the moment anyway.
Do we really need the Morks, Thextons and so on back?

Maybe Gen3 will be cheaper and more GT or other teams can come over, like Grove have done.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Old 8 Dec 2021, 11:26 (Ref:4087663)   #186
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post

why not? steve reed, trevor ashby, peter mcleod, peter janson, graham bailey, scotty attard, - the list is long - all were part time small budget teams and they added so much.

Sure some are mobile chicanes, but some have a place.

I just think with tcr, trans am, gt3, bathurst 6 and 12 hour. The weekend warrior "lets build a car and have a crack" types arent going to go in main game. maybe super 2/3
Old 9 Dec 2021, 06:53 (Ref:4087849)   #187
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
In the past AFL players could be fat an smoke a pack a day, do we want that back too?

Those privateers you listed were heroes of the, day, but you can't even run a Super2 team like that anymore.

I know because a team I crewed for running a couple of cars including a Sports Sedan acquired a Futijsu car back in the day with the intention of running around there, but you can't even start the car without laptops and so on.. Said driver who funded the operation folded it up and just did an arrive and drive deal with someone else... Not in Supercars

Old 9 Dec 2021, 11:31 (Ref:4087905)   #188
one five five
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post

Maybe Gen3 will be cheaper and more GT or other teams can come over, like Grove have done.

Who says it’ll be Morks & Thextons if you increase the grid numbers? You can make joining the field more attractive easily be adjusting a few rules.

Why for instance the limit on how many wildcards you can do?

Limiting the field to 26 at Wanneroo or Symmons is fine, restricting it to 26 at the Bend or Eastern Creek is just ridiculous, let alone Bathurst
Old 9 Dec 2021, 12:58 (Ref:4087917)   #189
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree with you there on the grid limits. The wildcards do add that element of intrigue and wonder.

Bear in mind the garages Supercars don't necessarily use to house the teams, are used for TV, scruitineering, and other catagories at the big joints like SMP, PI, Bathurst, and The Bend. But I'm sure if the catagory said "We've got 30 cars entered", things would probably get shuffled around a bit.
Old 9 Dec 2021, 21:34 (Ref:4088016)   #190
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Meanwhile, another part of the 2022 Silly Season has been put in place with the shock announcement that Mr Seamer is moving on.

Don't know him and he has plenty of knockers online but he HAS managed to preside over an organisation that has delivered racing events and series through virus lockdowns so clearly there are some capabilities.

The questions of who will be in the chair and what sort of person that should be will no doubt be a focus over the next few months.
Old 9 Dec 2021, 23:02 (Ref:4088035)   #191
Umai Naa
Veteran

Yes, he certainly steered the championship through the pandemic over the past 18 months, but in the eyes of the fans, he hasn't shown himself to be their advocate.
Old 10 Dec 2021, 04:59 (Ref:4088062)   #192
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes he managed to steer the ship through the pandemic, but ultimately his handling of the Gen 3 will always be a sticking point for me to be honest.
Old 10 Dec 2021, 05:29 (Ref:4088063)   #193
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur View Post
Yes he managed to steer the ship through the pandemic, but ultimately his handling of the Gen 3 will always be a sticking point for me to be honest.
Enough, seriously, can we talk about how good the cars are, market relevance, how good they're going to sound?
Old 10 Dec 2021, 06:02 (Ref:4088065)   #194
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
The new cars look and sound great. How I wish we could have something like those for the BTCC, not the horrid fart boxes we have now. The Mustang exhaust sounded that little bit shriller but both took me back to the early Group A and Group C eras in 'feel'.
Old 10 Dec 2021, 06:13 (Ref:4088067)   #195
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compromised View Post
Enough, seriously, can we talk about how good the cars are, market relevance, how good they're going to sound?
As the new cars won't be running in 2022 and this is a 2022 silly season thread, how the new cars are, sound etc might not be that relevant in this thread.
Old 10 Dec 2021, 13:24 (Ref:4088134)   #196
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
The new cars look and sound great. How I wish we could have something like those for the BTCC, not the horrid fart boxes we have now. The Mustang exhaust sounded that little bit shriller but both took me back to the early Group A and Group C eras in 'feel'.
It's pretty funny to read a comment like this coming from someone from the UK.

It's a pretty easy thing to say and will get lots of approval. But for all the fanfare and anticipation that'd occur, I suspect it'd be short lived and the BTCC would sink harder and lower than the Titanic if it occurred.

Supercars survives in Australia because of Bathurst and Australian motorsport being small time in world motorsport and in domestic sports.
Old 16 Dec 2021, 10:38 (Ref:4090042)   #197
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Payne confirmed @ Grove Racing for Super 2

Surely that leaves the doos open for Holdsworth after his impressive Bathurst run?
Old 16 Dec 2021, 10:57 (Ref:4090050)   #198
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
Payne confirmed @ Grove Racing for Super 2

Surely that leaves the doos open for Holdsworth after his impressive Bathurst run?
Why would you take a one year deal
Old 16 Dec 2021, 12:10 (Ref:4090063)   #199
Umai Naa
Veteran

If the money's good?
Old 16 Dec 2021, 21:37 (Ref:4090179)   #200
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Now official - Mr Holdsworth confirmed at Grove for 2022