Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 26 Nov 2009, 09:22 (Ref:2589510)   #301
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
THE RULES ARE THE PROBLEM

With us now?
You won't win STEALTHY
Old 26 Nov 2009, 09:30 (Ref:2589513)   #302
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
have you ever though that maybe you need to use more words in your sentances so that your posts are clear

Quote:
I never said its unsafe.
what is "its" I took that to mean Reverse grids, because thats what we were discussing, now i can see you were referring to motorsport, but you didnt make that clear and then you mock me because i didnt understand what you were referring to.

seriously do you want to debate motorsport or do you want to trick people up with words make a choice,
Old 26 Nov 2009, 09:35 (Ref:2589521)   #303
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Trev View Post
You won't win STEALTHY
Still waiting trev?

The rules are the problem is that what you are saying

do you have an issue with the idea of having a speed limiter so that as soon as an incident occurs ( that would normally warrant a SC) all cars are slowed to a set speed and can circulate no faster than that
Old 26 Nov 2009, 09:39 (Ref:2589527)   #304
Uncle Cranker
Veteran

Australia
Victoria; Australia
Uncle Cranker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Hey look, a green car...........

Priceless !

How about "Squirrel" !
Old 26 Nov 2009, 09:43 (Ref:2589530)   #305
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How about for the sake of the forum we call time on this thread...

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 26 Nov 2009, 09:58 (Ref:2589537)   #306
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
do you have an issue with the idea of having a speed limiter so that as soon as an incident occurs ( that would normally warrant a SC) all cars are slowed to a set speed and can circulate no faster than that
Oh FFS, I am sure I said that on about page 3, god I really need to leave this thread, this bloke is doing my head in, he is all yours Cranker [twitch]
Old 26 Nov 2009, 09:59 (Ref:2589538)   #307
Uncle Cranker
Veteran

Australia
Victoria; Australia
Quote:
Still waiting trev?

The rules are the problem is that what you are saying

Pecker, as a trackside official of close to 20 years, who has had to take a sideways step out at an incident a number of times, can I just say; THAT is your most lucid moment ever !

When the in-car yellow light is introduced, lets add a ECM fix, that allows Race Control to simply flick a switch, and the cars either only get 35 % throttle, or have an induced maximum speed of 75 Kph, just like the pit lane speed limiter, but activated remotely.

It solves the issue of speeding cars, allows those back from the Safety Car to slowly catch it, and when the track is clear, RC simply turn it off, with a half lap to go, and let the stragglers catch the train, and then go racing......

Geez, if only I was President..... (i know who would be first against the wall)
Old 26 Nov 2009, 10:07 (Ref:2589542)   #308
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
have you ever though that maybe you need to use more words in your sentances so that your posts are clear

what is "its" I took that to mean Reverse grids, because thats what we were discussing, now i can see you were referring to motorsport, but you didnt make that clear and then you mock me because i didnt understand what you were referring to.

seriously do you want to debate motorsport or do you want to trick people up with words make a choice,
Have a look at my post again, it CLEARLY only quotes the post of yours saying motorsport is unsafe blah blah, nothing to do with my post about reverse grids, or your other reply to it. All is well on my end. Can i suggest OPSM? Think thats where my Nanna gets her glasses from.....
Old 26 Nov 2009, 10:12 (Ref:2589550)   #309
hml2777
Racer

Cuba
Guantanamo Bay
hml2777 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Goodness me, there is certainly some reading there. And here I was all this time thinking that Peckstar actually understood motorsport, but alas all is not well.

I am sure no-one on Conrod gives him anywhere near the grief that you peole are giving him, they respect his opinion and hold him in very high esteem. Can't you all see that that is justified?
Old 26 Nov 2009, 10:13 (Ref:2589551)   #310
BFC
Racer

BFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Oh FFS, I am sure I said that on about page 3, god I really need to leave this thread, this bloke is doing my head in, he is all yours Cranker [twitch]
Hey Trev....ur wasting ur time arguing with a woman....is that right Michelle Peck??????? So he's really not playing the man is he? BTW Trev i got her email at bigpond if u want it
Old 26 Nov 2009, 10:16 (Ref:2589553)   #311
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
actually i said it on page 4 post 57 (and numerous times over the years), i don't believe you had came and even entered the discussion then

So then if we are in agreeance on that, then really there is no issue and you are arguing with me about nothing.

it solves both our issues making track workers safer and keeping the integrity of the race, It also means less safety cars because no longer do we have the issue of Safety cars breeding safety cars so its makes the racing safer. its also means that strategies can stay the same and people wont have to dive into the pits out of pattern(meaning lowndes and whincup would have got their 4peat) and also Pit lane will not be as full

only Stealthy will struggle as it reduces the entertainment he loves so much, sorry stealthy no more bunching up the field and crashes for you.
Old 26 Nov 2009, 10:18 (Ref:2589554)   #312
hml2777
Racer

Cuba
Guantanamo Bay
Interesting 10-10ths thread here
Old 26 Nov 2009, 10:24 (Ref:2589558)   #313
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
actually i said it on page 4 post 57 (and numerous times over the years), i don't believe you had came and even entered the discussion then

So then if we are in agreeance on that, then really there is no issue and you are arguing with me about nothing.

it solves both our issues making track workers safer and keeping the integrity of the race, It also means less safety cars because no longer do we have the issue of Safety cars breeding safety cars so its makes the racing safer. its also means that strategies can stay the same and people wont have to dive into the pits out of pattern(meaning lowndes and whincup would have got their 4peat) and also Pit lane will not be as full

only Stealthy will struggle as it reduces the entertainment he loves so much, sorry stealthy no more bunching up the field and crashes for you.
2 Things, Your post says Lowndes and Whincup would have got a 4peat if it wasn't for the SC. I think you'll find you meant to say Murphy/Skaife winning, they were in the box seat....

Not sure what your on about crashes, this thread is discussing the safety car, i think i might have to drum into you again I WAS BEING SARCASTIC when i said bring back reverse grids (ir more carnage)
Old 26 Nov 2009, 10:24 (Ref:2589559)   #314
hml2777
Racer

Cuba
Guantanamo Bay
Aforementioned footage
Old 26 Nov 2009, 10:26 (Ref:2589562)   #315
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by hml2777 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFH4SoT6W-A

Not too different to that at Bahrain, although they supply their own marshals yes/no?

Keep in mind this thread isn't about marshal stupidity, which is what both of these links are. This is about Driver Stupidity
Old 26 Nov 2009, 10:26 (Ref:2589563)   #316
hml2777
Racer

Cuba
Guantanamo Bay
another priceless bit of footage
Old 26 Nov 2009, 10:27 (Ref:2589565)   #317
hml2777
Racer

Cuba
Guantanamo Bay
Oh, I really like this one
Old 26 Nov 2009, 10:29 (Ref:2589568)   #318
hml2777
Racer

Cuba
Guantanamo Bay
Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFH4SoT6W-A

Not too different to that at Bahrain, although they supply their own marshals yes/no?

Keep in mind this thread isn't about marshal stupidity, which is what both of these links are. This is about Driver Stupidity
ahh yes, but there are cars on the track and according to Peckstar they all know how to behave.
Old 26 Nov 2009, 10:31 (Ref:2589569)   #319
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
2 Things, Your post says Lowndes and Whincup would have got a 4peat if it wasn't for the SC. I think you'll find you meant to say Murphy/Skaife winning, they were in the box seat....

Not sure what your on about crashes, this thread is discussing the safety car, i think i might have to drum into you again I WAS BEING SARCASTIC when i said bring back reverse grids (ir more carnage)
the first point is obviously one we cant answer, but based on fuel economy they would have won, remember no pit lane penalty (as they would not have been on the pits at the same time as frosty) and murph and skaife got dragged back into the race because of the SC. but its all hypothetically.

2nd point, you say you were being sarcastic, but its there in writing, you want the reverse grid back, thats cool its your choice
Old 26 Nov 2009, 10:37 (Ref:2589572)   #320
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
ahh yes, but there are cars on the track and according to Peckstar they all know how to behave.
actually according to me, i say clowns shouldnt run on the track until the cars are under the control of the safety car.

so in all 3 of those cases you have clowns doing something they shouldnt
Old 26 Nov 2009, 10:37 (Ref:2589573)   #321
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Cranker View Post
When the in-car yellow light is introduced, lets add a ECM fix, that allows Race Control to simply flick a switch, and the cars either only get 35 % throttle, or have an induced maximum speed of 75 Kph, just like the pit lane speed limiter, but activated remotely.
Sorry uncle, that most definitely is not the go - imagine a multi car group hard at it in the middle of (say) turn 2 at Bathurst, cars balanced on the edge of the tyres & throttle and then a speed limiter or throttle limit kicks in - they all auger into the barrier. Not cool.

I think that the limiter idea is the go but maybe mandating it by the end of the sector that each car is in when the SC boards come out - it would take some doing but that could be verified & allow each driver to safely reduce speed allowing for the circumstances that they are in.
Old 26 Nov 2009, 10:38 (Ref:2589576)   #322
Uncle Cranker
Veteran

Australia
Victoria; Australia
Quote:
Oh dear, was that Professor Sid Watkins losing a door there ?
Old 26 Nov 2009, 10:41 (Ref:2589577)   #323
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro View Post
How about for the sake of the forum we call time on this thread...

Pointless to stop since the SC rules are so half baked, Race Director is struggling with the issue and the odd SC driver is going rogue. Surely you don't believe the issue is anywhere near fixed.
Old 26 Nov 2009, 10:41 (Ref:2589578)   #324
hml2777
Racer

Cuba
Guantanamo Bay
Quote:
actually according to me, i say clowns shouldnt run on the track until the cars are under the control of the safety car.

so in all 3 of those cases you have clowns doing something they shouldnt
How do you know, do you hear the radio communication between race control and the marshalls concerned? They could have been told to pick a safe gap and do the job. I have heard of that sort of thing happening at v8 meetings. I have heard it happens fairly frequently at winton v8's because of the exceptional experience of the racesafe team they use down there.
Old 26 Nov 2009, 10:43 (Ref:2589580)   #325
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
2nd point, you say you were being sarcastic, but its there in writing, you want the reverse grid back, thats cool its your choice
It was obvious to anyone with half a brain. I've clearly given you way too much credit in that regard.