Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 22 Nov 2010, 00:50 (Ref:2794029)   #1
WOZZLEGUMMICH
Rookie

Australia
Melbourne Australia
WOZZLEGUMMICH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Grow Some B*lls Will Ya!!

When are the drivers in V8SC going to grow some b*lls? Imagine if that had of been Murph who got off'd @ 220K's+. I'm sure Caruso would have heard about it.

I think we are so politically correct in OZ that no one has the guts to speak out let alone show their true feelings.

Even in the land of litigation (USA) the good ole boys go toe to toe if they feel they have been wronged.
Old 22 Nov 2010, 01:11 (Ref:2794036)   #2
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just remember "politically correct" is a contradiction in terms. If it is political, theres a damn good chance it aint correct!!
Old 22 Nov 2010, 01:56 (Ref:2794046)   #3
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOZZLEGUMMICH View Post
When are the drivers in V8SC going to grow some b*lls? Imagine if that had of been Murph who got off'd @ 220K's+. I'm sure Caruso would have heard about it.

I think we are so politically correct in OZ that no one has the guts to speak out let alone show their true feelings.

Even in the land of litigation (USA) the good ole boys go toe to toe if they feel they have been wronged.
I think it's clear from the TV footage that Will was going to head over to the GRM car but when he saw that Caruso was still not out of the car and had a large number of rescue personnel around him he thought better of it, and I respect him for that.

When you have such a high speed crash at a dangerous part of a racetrack like we saw yesterday I'd just be thankful nobody was seriously injured (we all should be) and leave it at that.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 22 Nov 2010, 02:06 (Ref:2794051)   #4
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters View Post
I think it's clear from the TV footage that Will was going to head over to the GRM car but when he saw that Caruso was still not out of the car and had a large number of rescue personnel around him he thought better of it, and I respect him for that.

When you have such a high speed crash at a dangerous part of a racetrack like we saw yesterday I'd just be thankful nobody was seriously injured (we all should be) and leave it at that.
yeah too true mate, whoever's in the right or wrong it's good to see both walk away.

deffinatly clear Will was going in to give Robbo a serve then decided better of it. might have got a little interesting had Robbo been out of the car also.....
Old 22 Nov 2010, 02:23 (Ref:2794056)   #5
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They boys are also smart enough to know that these things are best handled behind closed doors.

Davison made his thoughts pretty clear in the post-race press release about MC being out of line, hitting him twice at high speed.

I'm pretty sure that they will have a quiet chat about it at Homebush if they haven't already.
Old 22 Nov 2010, 04:22 (Ref:2794091)   #6
thunderbolt
Veteran

thunderbolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
remember the fines for bringing the sport into disrepute

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/...621898936.html
Teams miffed as CAMS takes cash for comment

Quote:
The controversy about the rights of V8 supercar drivers to speak their minds on the on-track behaviour of rivals and inconsistent decisions from officials simply won't go away. And nor should it, as long as CAMS insists on threatening drivers and team bosses with substantial fines for merely speaking their minds. Slugging competitors with eye-watering fines for allegedly bringing the sport into disrepute probably does a lot for the CAMS Christmas party fund but it does little else,
kim jones his "mate out the back said!
Old 22 Nov 2010, 06:29 (Ref:2794112)   #7
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbolt View Post
remember the fines for bringing the sport into disrepute

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/...621898936.html
Teams miffed as CAMS takes cash for comment

kim jones his "mate out the back said!
Very, very old news there thunderbolt. The rules themselves and the way that they are policed have been changed since then in this area.
Old 22 Nov 2010, 23:59 (Ref:2794523)   #8
blue&red
Rookie

Australia
Australia
blue&red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How much Media time does Will want, so he can tell his sob-story to.

Will you've been given the flick because you've done nothing this year, Your 21st in the Championship so far (even your brother is ahead of you) , given the fact that your in a factory backed team with a budget that could run 2-3 entire teams or even a whole category.

Even if it was Murph he really isn't in a position to complain, as a result of what he did at Clipsal 09.

2 HRT Cars = 1 Performing Driver + 1 Under Performing Driver.

Grow-up Will and stop crying.

NOTE: Holden fan I am, Whinging spectator I am NOT.
Old 23 Nov 2010, 01:01 (Ref:2794533)   #9
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Err, this is the guy who finished runner-up in the series last year and has won Bathurst, and was running third until a small mistake pitched him off (while running low 2m09s I might add).

The guy's had a rough year - but he's a good driver and, quite frankly, I think he's been fairly restrained considering he was turned around at 200+km/h.

Caruso's a good driver, but if there was no mechanical failure then it was a pretty shocking bit of driving on his part.
Old 23 Nov 2010, 04:24 (Ref:2794562)   #10
Aarrgh8
Veteran

Aarrgh8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will's also said that he was blocking and holding Caruso up, and while it was bloody dangerous of Caruso to push the 22 where he did, I'd say that there were 'extenuating circumstances', and that upon reflection Will thought it better not to let Caruso "hear all about it" - especially via the media.
Old 23 Nov 2010, 20:29 (Ref:2794866)   #11
WOZZLEGUMMICH
Rookie

Australia
Melbourne Australia
WOZZLEGUMMICH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The rumour mill has firmed up the chances of Murph going to HRT. That should spice things up.

I don't think Murph would have been as gentlemanly as "Will the Wuss" had he been the one who got nerfed off at that speed.
Old 23 Nov 2010, 23:01 (Ref:2794940)   #12
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOZZLEGUMMICH View Post
I don't think Murph would have been as gentlemanly ... had he been the one who got nerfed off at that speed.
just ask M. Ambrose to confirm that...