Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 6 Jan 2008, 12:11 (Ref:2100558)   #26
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
but beyond those two, how many from across the Pond?
I thought Consus mentioned that they were interested ..... but im not sure if they still exist ? I thought kelleners had signed for them last year ?

Dyson only talks about it , Penske doesnt seem interested and CET probably dont exist either .

2 or 3 would be plenty in my opinion anyway .
Conzus is still around though their focus has changed. All in good time.
Old 6 Jan 2008, 16:04 (Ref:2100676)   #27
Tone
Racer

United Kingdom
Tone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan
Mr. Penske has stated several times he has no interest in running Le Mans.
Just watching Best Of Motors TV 2007 Endurance Mag and Penske was asked "did he see his team competing in Le Mans this year?"

he answered "I hope you see us at Le Mans, its up to Porsche but as a race team we would love to go"

Last edited by Tone; 6 Jan 2008 at 16:08.
Old 6 Jan 2008, 19:13 (Ref:2100795)   #28
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96
Except the reason for GT1s classifying high at the end is due to the attrition in the LMP2 class, not thinking the RS Spyder, even the Evo, has anymore chance to run the 24hr unhindered than the previously best built other LMP2s. I could be wrong but no track they have already run at has the stress of full-power runs done the straights for that long a duration.

In Racecar Engineering this month, the designer of the RS Spyder says the car will be quicker than a P1 (I assume before the reg changes), while the engine can run at 10,000rpm+ for OVER 30hrs.

He also said the car has been designed from day one to compete at Le Mans, with a low drag aero kit ready and waiting for customers.

'Le Mans is an integral part of the testing procedure of the car'. - Dr Frank-Stefan Walliser.

I really wouldn't be suprised if a P1 car is already on the design board.

Last edited by JAG; 6 Jan 2008 at 19:16.
Old 6 Jan 2008, 20:54 (Ref:2100848)   #29
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So, a P1 RS Spyder... Would it use the V8 with a pair of turbos or would they dust off the V10 from the Carrera GT (and the still born LMP from the early Noughties)?
Old 7 Jan 2008, 07:41 (Ref:2101045)   #30
Zytek_Fan
Racer

United States
Zytek_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
Mr Penske has stated several times that he would love to take his team Le Mans!

Porsche and his sponsors, however, would appear unwilling to fund it (or perhaps the ACO have said to Porsche that their works/factory team would not be welcome in LMP2 at Le Mans? Note the Acura u-turn).
Changed his mind now eh?
(he used to say he had no interest in running Le Mans)
Old 7 Jan 2008, 10:09 (Ref:2101087)   #31
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
I really wouldn't be suprised if a P1 car is already on the design board.
To be honest, I think they have probably had around 3-4-5 different LMP1 cars on the drawing board since 99, just hoping that they might get the go ahead and actually build and race one.
Old 7 Jan 2008, 21:09 (Ref:2101448)   #32
class4v
Racer

class4v should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think Porsche would come with a proper P1. A P1 Evo, yes maybe and with the looks of the panamera