Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 5 Feb 2004, 00:12 (Ref:863426)   #1
frimoto cremasy
Rookie

frimoto cremasy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lister

why cant the listers race at lemans. and if gt1 come back would the listers be allowed to run.
Old 5 Feb 2004, 02:25 (Ref:863538)   #2
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
I can't answer that the Storm would be back, however Lister will have a prototype entered in the LMP1 class.
Old 5 Feb 2004, 07:23 (Ref:863663)   #3
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IIRC, the Storm GT is no longer homologated by the ACO, but there was the StormLMP at the 2003 LeMans race and will be in this years LMES
Old 5 Feb 2004, 08:43 (Ref:863707)   #4
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The GT1 could in theory run as an LMP (but only with a 6l engine); but it would be a pointless exercise - they have a brandnew prototype already.
Old 5 Feb 2004, 13:03 (Ref:863988)   #5
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cybers, that presumes the GT1 still exists.
Old 5 Feb 2004, 13:23 (Ref:864014)   #6
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it probably does somewhere, there was a photo of the car over on DSC the other day of when it ran at Spa in Brit GT.

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 5 Feb 2004, 13:25 (Ref:864015)   #7
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was some years ago.
Old 5 Feb 2004, 13:28 (Ref:864022)   #8
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
The GT1 chassis DO still exist
Old 5 Feb 2004, 13:49 (Ref:864057)   #9
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
How viable would it be to convert more radical GT1 cars such as the 98 Porsche and Toyota to LMP spec and how competitive would they be?
Old 5 Feb 2004, 14:26 (Ref:864088)   #10
Audi R8R
Racer

Audi R8R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How long's a piece of string? It would depend on the amount of budget to hand to convert and develop them. What's the point when there are things like Lola's and Audi's around that will end up being customer products in the long term?
Old 5 Feb 2004, 15:11 (Ref:864123)   #11
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Also consider that Toyota, or whoever, as a manufacturer would probably decline to sell you the chassis because they wouldn't want just anybody running something with their name on it....

It's the same reason why the 2002 Cadillac LMP 900 that was showing promise in the latter part of that ALMS season has not seen the track since the 2002 Petit LM in Atlanta...

Cadillac chose to get out of LMP prototype racing and they didn't want their name tied to any privateer effort that, if unsuccessful, would be tagged to Cadillac when they would no longer be involved with the project...

I asked this question on another thread and was given that answer by many formum members...it makes sense to me...

But I would love to see some of those GT1's come back...

And apparently Mr. panoz said that his GT1 "Batmobile" that raced in the LM 1000K last november could be sold to a privateer if someone wanted to buy it...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 5 Feb 2004, 15:20 (Ref:864142)   #12
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
The Lotus will be back.
The Lister Storm GTL warn't one of the "radical" GT1 cars I think. A conversion to LMP wouldn't make any sense at all, esp. with the new aero regulations.
Old 5 Feb 2004, 15:53 (Ref:864171)   #13
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm looking forward to seeing the Lotus at Sebring....it'll be one of the highlights of my trip....

Old 5 Feb 2004, 16:09 (Ref:864190)   #14
simon c
Racer

simon c should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tim Northcutt
[B]Also consider that Toyota, or whoever, as a manufacturer would probably decline to sell you the chassis because they wouldn't want just anybody running something with their name on it....

what's wrong with a Team Salamin or Team Davey GT-ONE...

i agree Tim, much as i adore the 956/962 i think weissach did itself an injustice on occasions.
Old 5 Feb 2004, 16:25 (Ref:864208)   #15
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
The chassis itself is registered with the ACO and was crash-tested by the FIA as a "Toyota GT1" or whatever....those homologation papers are on file in both places....

So "Team Salamin" would be driving a "Toyota GT1" chassis...

They can't just buy it and change the name of the chassis to a "Salamander" or a "DaveyRocket" or whatever, without a paperwork trail from the manufacturer that would have to follow the car for the necessary homologation that must be filed with both orgainizations by an FIA recognized or licensed builder...the team can't file that on its own...but they do present a copy of that homologation form when they present the car at each event to be scrutineered...

That's where the hang-up is....and that's why you haven't seen the 2002 Caddys on the track...

Wayne Taylor wanted to run the Caddys in 2003 as a privateer effort, but Cadillac wouldn't grant permission to do so...

Old 5 Feb 2004, 16:35 (Ref:864223)   #16
simon c
Racer

simon c should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
you misunderstood Tim. you've got the wrong context here. apologies. i'm not referring to what it's registered as gt-1, gt-one, ts020 - whatever.

anybody remember the davey and salamin teams (amongst others) with the 962 battling for position with an, erm, argo or ald...

brought shame on the old girl IMHO
Old 5 Feb 2004, 16:38 (Ref:864228)   #17
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Sorry....that went over my head....I'm rather brain-dead these days...

if it gets any worse, just let me know...my wife will pull the plug

Old 5 Feb 2004, 18:43 (Ref:864365)   #18
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
BTW...on Lister itself....

I expect them to be extremely strong in the LMES this year....

They had tough-sledding with that LMP program in 2003, but they showed excellent promise at the LM 1000K and there is way too much talent in that operation for them not to be contenders....

Especially with the new Chevy power that they developed....I wouldn't count them out of ANY race on the LMES circuit, and they will be in the hunt at Le Mans, too...

Old 5 Feb 2004, 18:48 (Ref:864372)   #19
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
Try Hard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope so, thats one car I'm really looking forward to seeing on the track, as I just love the whole concept behind it. I was disapointed when they didn't run at LeMans last year.
Also I'm cheering for Nasamax (but thats another topic... sufice to say thanks to them and DSC for that grandstand seat!)
Roll on August and the Silverstone 1000K
Ed

Last edited by Try Hard; 5 Feb 2004 at 18:48.
Old 5 Feb 2004, 18:53 (Ref:864383)   #20
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Try Hard
Roll on August and the Silverstone 1000K
Here here, but before then there is some other race in France in June. But back on Topic I think Lister are going to suprise a few people this year.
Old 5 Feb 2004, 19:30 (Ref:864424)   #21
frimoto cremasy
Rookie

frimoto cremasy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i talking about lister gt not lmp. why it able to race in fiagt but no lemans
Old 5 Feb 2004, 20:06 (Ref:864478)   #22
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
It does not meet the homologation standards set by the ACO...there are specific guidlines that must be met to be eligible, unless the ACO grants you an exception...

I don't know the specific requirements, but I believe that one is to have 25 models of the "street version" or a "production model" of the car built and ready for sale....

I delve more deeply into prototype rules, but I'm sure that graham goodwin and others can give you greater insight on the specifics...

Old 5 Feb 2004, 20:48 (Ref:864521)   #23
jase
Veteran

Tim, I agree, the numbers for the ACO is 25, however I also thought it was the same for the FIA-GT but because Lister are a "legacy" team they are allowed to run the StormGT
Old 5 Feb 2004, 20:49 (Ref:864522)   #24
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Listers suspension is also not allowed in ACO regs.
Old 6 Feb 2004, 11:47 (Ref:865324)   #25
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The question is will the Lister LMP be able to mix it with the Audis? I for one hope so... Would be very good viewing. Hope they keep it in one piece for the duration of my drive down this year!!!