Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 28 Jun 2007, 08:48 (Ref:1948794)   #251
amier
Racer

amier has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Bob, where is the best place to look for a 97-99 Tatuus? looked everywhere and cant seem to find any that is for sale.. some of the ads on motorsportads are old. Any ideas? Where are they all hiding?
Old 28 Jun 2007, 09:08 (Ref:1948810)   #252
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Bob Pearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know of any for sale at the moment. There are 5 that I know of which are not being used, but one of those belongs to a team and is looking for a driver, two are being prepared for next year and the other two are just sat about, but the owners don't want to sell. I think there are about 5 in other formulas, I am not totally sure of that, maybe someone who reads this may run in Mono, F4 or F/Free and may be able to confirm or correct that. I know of two that have gone abroad this year, so that isn't good news.
The greater mystery is: where are the Van Diemens? There was at one time about 5 or 6 97/98 Van Diemens running, some with excellent histories, but they seem to have all faded off the scene.
Old 28 Jun 2007, 09:59 (Ref:1948848)   #253
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Triple J Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Matt Wood has bought a VD this year used in F4 and FFree I believe so far.

Took me ages to find my RC98 none are for sale that I am aware of there is a very cheap Mygale SJ97 £4,000 !! Non Mygale parts must be worth that!!

There's my RC98, Pierre's car and Reon Motorsport car owned but not currently racing and not for sale.

Are the RC97 on Race Cars Direct all sold now?

Last edited by Triple J Motorsport; 28 Jun 2007 at 10:02.

3rd 2009 & 2012 FFZetec festival final
Old 30 Jun 2007, 11:27 (Ref:1950427)   #254
itdontgo
Rookie

itdontgo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A few people have said they ruined BARC FRenault since they introduced a new class last year. I saw their point but people seem to enjoy being negative. Do you think the class A cars spoilt what was a cheap racing series?
Old 2 Jul 2007, 07:19 (Ref:1952021)   #255
ianpearson
Racer

ianpearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by itdontgo
A few people have said they ruined BARC FRenault since they introduced a new class last year. I saw their point but people seem to enjoy being negative. Do you think the class A cars spoilt what was a cheap racing series?
The new cars were introduced for 2005 & to be perfectly honest without them there would be no BARC formula renault. The grids fell from mid twenties 2002-2003 to 14-16 cars by the end of 2004, not enough to claim championship status. I can't explain why and there have always been lots of cars, i think it just fell out of favour. I think the class parity setting are pretty good aswell, anywhere between 1-2 secs is pretty fair.
Old 2 Jul 2007, 07:58 (Ref:1952032)   #256
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by itdontgo
During my last year as driver rep for Barc Renault I argued strongly against the introduction of the twin cam cars and the take over by Renault/Grovewood in the hope that we could drag the cars back to the grid. It was a dreadfully frustrating exercise and I feel sorry for the club F3 stalwarts who are going through the same operation. You know the cars are sat in peoples garages, but there is always a mass of excuses for not bringing them out.
By the end of 2004 I had to admit defeat and fall in line and welcome the new administration.
Quite frankly, the formula has never looked back.
We now have full grids, prize money, main event status, garages, renault handouts ( clothing etc) and, incredibly still an excellent friendly atmosphere in the pit road.
If that is ruined, I wonder what success actually looks like!!
Old 3 Jul 2007, 11:28 (Ref:1953325)   #257
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Anyone got an Alcon R brake caliper for Tatuus RC98 they are prepared to sell? With both bleed nipples not snapped off unlike the one fitted to my car....students!!!

Old 4 Jul 2007, 12:18 (Ref:1954152)   #258
ADEE
Racer

England
Harpenden
ADEE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
See latest newsletter clarifying how reserves are determined. Seems fairly even-handed for FR2000 v Club.
Old 4 Jul 2007, 12:18 (Ref:1954151)   #259
ADEE
Racer

England
Harpenden
See latest newsletter clarifying how reserves are determined. Seems fairly even-handed for FR2000 v Club.
Old 4 Jul 2007, 16:16 (Ref:1954339)   #260
McKendrick
Rookie

England
London
McKendrick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayFF
Anyone got an Alcon R brake caliper for Tatuus RC98 they are prepared to sell? With both bleed nipples not snapped off unlike the one fitted to my car....students!!!
Not all students are that bad!! You must have just taken on a bad one or one with very little experience.
Old 5 Jul 2007, 07:26 (Ref:1954880)   #261
Bob Pearson
Veteran

A number of people were looking for club class cars recently, for anyone who still is there is a 98 Tatuus for sale with Muzz racing, 07779 735706
Old 5 Jul 2007, 13:23 (Ref:1955171)   #262
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pearson
A number of people were looking for club class cars recently, for anyone who still is there is a 98 Tatuus for sale with Muzz racing, 07779 735706

Amier is.

Hope you've seen this Amier

Old 5 Jul 2007, 13:37 (Ref:1955185)   #263
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by McKendrick
Not all students are that bad!! You must have just taken on a bad one or one with very little experience.
Sure they aren't but this car was run by a uni/college (no names) and I have had to strip it to the chassis so many things missing, broken or not set/working correctly.

EG 3 different off set wheels fitted to the car, 4 of the 8 bleed nipples snapped off, no nuts on the wishbone bolts on one corner. 7 degrees of negative camber on one wheel, everything either stupidly over tightened or not even finger tight etc etc

Someone actually was driving it too!

Body work is nice though!

Old 10 Jul 2007, 08:55 (Ref:1959413)   #264
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Anyone bothered to read the event timetable for Silverstone? It's a really weird set-up. One qualifying session for two races, that will be finished at about 11 o'clock on Saturday. Nothing then until 12 o'clock the following day when the first race is run. Second race about 4 o'clock that day. Might as well go home on Saturday and do the gardening in the afternoon, have a lay-in on Sunday morning and show up at Silverstone for the afternoon.
That's not really how race weekends are supposed to be.
Old 11 Jul 2007, 07:10 (Ref:1960365)   #265
mark14
Rookie

mark14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Morning All,
I'm looking for a "European" spec ECU chip for the 8V Formula Renault engine which I understand gives a little more power than BARC spec (I'm running in Formula Free this year).
If anyone has one under the bench, I'd be grateful.
Old 11 Jul 2007, 07:28 (Ref:1960378)   #266
Bob Pearson
Veteran

These are difficult to find, as the cars came over from Europe the boxes were rechipped by R sport who I believe destroyed the old chips. It may be worth asking them, but your best bet is finding one by pure luck. Bear in mind the engines dont last as well with the Eurocup chip as it gives them a substancial increase in ignition advance.
Are you changing the gear ratios according to the different circuits, or just running BARC ratios. There is probably more speed to come that way than changing the chip.
Old 11 Jul 2007, 09:48 (Ref:1960499)   #267
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark14
Morning All,
I'm looking for a "European" spec ECU chip for the 8V Formula Renault engine which I understand gives a little more power than BARC spec (I'm running in Formula Free this year).
If anyone has one under the bench, I'd be grateful.
See you on the 22nd September at Silverstone, mine will be standard BARC spec practice/testing for 2008.

Old 17 Jul 2007, 09:13 (Ref:1965516)   #268
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Who's testing on Friday?

Working like crazy to get the car ready.....will be ready but not finished eg no logger...hope it's dry

Old 17 Jul 2007, 09:18 (Ref:1965522)   #269
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Are you still not finished John? I think just about the whole of the BARC grid will be testing. You will be in the best place by going out in the general testing, the BARC sessions will be littered with red flags with 36 of us getting in each others way.
Old 17 Jul 2007, 09:30 (Ref:1965535)   #270
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Quote:
Are you still not finished John? I think just about the whole of the BARC grid will be testing. You will be in the best place by going out in the general testing, the BARC sessions will be littered with red flags with 36 of us getting in each others way.
No Bob keep finding these broken or missing etc nearly rebuilt the whole car from the chassis up which I wasn't planning to do....

Won't have the new floor fitted or the data logger else be ready, stripping and checking the gearbox tonight and setting up tomorrow loading up thursday.

Running with and broken old floor and old tyres (old markings) so expecting mid field pace at best....marking excuses already what a driver!

Old 17 Jul 2007, 11:14 (Ref:1965615)   #271
ADEE
Racer

England
Harpenden
Weather looks interesting for the weekend. Testing likely to be wet so all bets are off on number of red flags! I've actually biten the bullet and booked in for both BARC and general sessions - expensive but much cheaper than doing a separate test day.
As for the schedule Bob, I agree it is a bit odd, but for those of us reasonably local it is much better than 2 x single race days like then ext meet at Snett where we have to be there early and hang around all day on both days.
From the newsletter it appears the BARC were trying to eat into your Saturday gardening time with a poorly timed drivers briefing - however I'm pleased to report this has been brought forward an hour to 12.00.
Look forward to seeing everyone again at the weekend...
Old 18 Jul 2007, 09:29 (Ref:1966386)   #272
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Your right about that weather forecast ADEE, it looks wet all weekend. I noticed RAyFF is aiming at a mid field time ( what's that? something in the 60.0s? ) on old spec tyres and an unsorted car. Well, if you do that we will all stand up and take notice as you will obviously be a force to be reckoned with next year. Mind you, if its as wet as it suggest on the forecast we will never know.
The good thing about having time on your hands at Snett is that you can go to the seaside and sit around with an ice cream in your hand and a hankie on your head. An afternoon to spare at Silverstone doesn't offer anything like that.
Old 18 Jul 2007, 09:35 (Ref:1966388)   #273
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Are you guys testing on Friday? I might go along and shoot it if you are. What times are you scheduled for?
Cheers, Mike.
Old 18 Jul 2007, 12:02 (Ref:1966472)   #274
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Quote:
Your right about that weather forecast ADEE, it looks wet all weekend. I noticed RAyFF is aiming at a mid field time ( what's that? something in the 60.0s? ) on old spec tyres and an unsorted car. Well, if you do that we will all stand up and take notice as you will obviously be a force to be reckoned with next year. Mind you, if its as wet as it suggest on the forecast we will never know.
The good thing about having time on your hands at Snett is that you can go to the seaside and sit around with an ice cream in your hand and a hankie on your head. An afternoon to spare at Silverstone doesn't offer anything like that.

The last thing I need is a wet day......Are the tyre guys there on friday?

Hard slicks is one thing.....don't fancy rock hard half worn wets.

Anyone want to go halves on a gargage I've not booked one.

PS LD200 4 Speed a dream to change ratios etc LD200 5 Speed bl00dy might mare glad we have fixed ratios! Would still be doing it if it wasn't for John at JP. But was all correct and like new....well they had lost the sealing washer off the oil filler nut!

Old 18 Jul 2007, 12:18 (Ref:1966493)   #275
ADEE
Racer

England
Harpenden
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHoyer
Are you guys testing on Friday? I might go along and shoot it if you are. What times are you scheduled for?
Cheers, Mike.
I am. First session about 9.30 then all the way thru to 5 ish. Might get about 15 laps in with anticipated number of red flags, flash floods etc.!!
Anyway all photos welcome (& some may even be paid for!) #23 silver / black car with blue lid.