Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Dec 2021, 11:52 (Ref:4088302)   #2601
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
I assume that just like Sky, there are no adverts during the race - but plenty before and after. Of course on C4 highlights shows there are ads - as you don't miss anything significant either way.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 08:52 (Ref:4088423)   #2602
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The post qualifying session on Sky F1 with Damon Hill, Jenson Button & Nico Rosberg was very good indeed, being both entertaining and informative.

Sadly it was followed by Kravitz doing his worst "Alan Partridge" act wondering round the paddock.

An example of the best and worst coverage.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 11:01 (Ref:4088442)   #2603
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonNeston View Post
The post qualifying session on Sky F1 with Damon Hill, Jenson Button & Nico Rosberg was very good indeed, being both entertaining and informative.

Sadly it was followed by Kravitz doing his worst "Alan Partridge" act wondering round the paddock.
Did he interview Michel Lambert? France's second best racing driver.....
Old 12 Dec 2021, 11:24 (Ref:4088447)   #2604
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well can choose today sky or channel 4.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 16:57 (Ref:4088792)   #2605
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Curious …. How did C4 viewers find the Sky coverage?
Old 12 Dec 2021, 17:07 (Ref:4088799)   #2606
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
I really enjoyed it. Apart from Brundle's rather hypocritical defence of Max on lap 1, it made a nice change.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 17:10 (Ref:4088805)   #2607
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I watched it all on C4HD because I have Virgin Media and the Sky channels aren't in HD unless you give your first born to Liberty Media.

The sound was waaaay better than usual!
Old 12 Dec 2021, 17:16 (Ref:4088809)   #2608
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The pre-race stuff was fine, but I was disappointed not to see DC and Alex take over on Channel 4. Enjoyed Martin and Crofty, though, who has got less shouty.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 17:24 (Ref:4088819)   #2609
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
My first experience of Crofty, I found him a lot less 'shouty' than Alex...
Old 12 Dec 2021, 17:27 (Ref:4088826)   #2610
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
sky was fine by me but is really worth €60+ a month for F1?

Or the least thats what it would have cost me last time I looked.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 17:35 (Ref:4088834)   #2611
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
sky was fine by me but is really worth €60+ a month for F1?

Or the least thats what it would have cost me last time I looked.
No. Not in my view. If I have to continue to put up with the C4 highlights, so be it.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 17:43 (Ref:4088847)   #2612
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Cheapest UK option (for 2021):

Now TV Day Passes x23, totalling £229.54
Old 12 Dec 2021, 17:55 (Ref:4088862)   #2613
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
No will put up with C4 highlights and the odd race live, and spend the money on going to live races at brands hatch
Old 13 Dec 2021, 00:57 (Ref:4089094)   #2614
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
These Sky jokers during the race wondering if Verstappen would regret not Hamilton through at Silverstone if he missed out on the championship?

The level of ignorance is outstanding.
Old 13 Dec 2021, 09:02 (Ref:4089148)   #2615
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well I have to say that on a scale of shoutiness, Alex Jaques out does Crofty by miles! Quite enjoyed the Sky coverage but not enough to persuade me to by a subscription.
Old 13 Dec 2021, 13:37 (Ref:4089230)   #2616
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I'd forgotten how annoying Kravitz is. I like Brundle, don't hate Croft as much as I thought I would (based on what others have said about him). I think Sky just have too many people - Croft, Brundle, Kravitz, Button, Rosberg, Chandhok - anyone else? There's a lot of duplication there (I thought C4 were bad enough with Coulthard / Webber).

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Cheapest UK option (for 2021):

Now TV Day Passes x23, totalling £229.54
No thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
No will put up with C4 highlights and the odd race live, and spend the money on going to live races at brands hatch
Given that I wouldn't often watch a race live anyway (due to being busy doing other things) paying extra to watch F1 makes no sense.
Old 13 Dec 2021, 13:41 (Ref:4089232)   #2617
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
My first answer to your question is to paraphrase John Lennon: "I just tuned into C4 and there it was".
To be honest (and this may have been due to the race) I was quite underwhelmed. I enjoyed hearing Martin Brundle again and was very surprised to find that the Shouty Crofty I was lead to expect was nothing compared to Alex Jacques! JB was good and I enjoyed Damon Hill, but would have happily done without Nico Rosberg. Maybe for me it's an attention span problem for me due to only having seen race highlights for so long but I found the dross after the race had finished up until the official C4 team took over really hard to endure. (Can someone please explain to me the point of Ted Cravitz? To me he seemed inept and inane, painful to watch and listen to). Although I had 'earned' myself permission to watch as much TV as I wanted yesterday afternoon, I ended up doing so with my laptop on my knee reading the comments of ten tenths members as they were more interesting.
At least I now know that even if I win the lottery I still won't be subscribing to Sky!
Old 13 Dec 2021, 13:43 (Ref:4089236)   #2618
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Couldn’t agree more with this C4 have done a great job, hard trying to avoid results during the day but part of the fun no way on earth would I pay extra for the scum that is sky. This sport should be on non pay per view tv without doubt criminal it isint.
Old 13 Dec 2021, 14:38 (Ref:4089254)   #2619
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Whilst many of us agree concerning the paywall issue, to suggest Sky and its presenters are "scum" is unbecoming.
Old 13 Dec 2021, 16:29 (Ref:4089288)   #2620
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I'm not opposed to Kravitz but he was clearly trying to puff himself up to be mad excited as opposed to just organically being mad excited.

Rosberg's takes are very low resolution for a guy with first hand experience of grappling with Hamilton.

Croft can be quite annoying but I'm still deeply traumatised by Leggard a number of years ago now - so I'm just going to be quiet now.
Old 13 Dec 2021, 16:38 (Ref:4089291)   #2621
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We all have a choice about what entertainment services we purchase.
Having worked at home for almost two years, the ability to watch all sessions over a weekend, includng the support races, and the various feature items, the cost of a Sky Sports package, C£20 a month for "Now tv, is worthwhile for me, especially as I also watch their coverage of Cricket and American sports.
I also find that the presenters and analysts on Sky F1 add to the viewing experience.
If you are happy watching the C4 coverage, with it's bias in favour of Red Bull, thats fine, we all have a choice.
Old 13 Dec 2021, 17:04 (Ref:4089311)   #2622
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonNeston View Post
We all have a choice about what entertainment services we purchase.
Having worked at home for almost two years, the ability to watch all sessions over a weekend, includng the support races, and the various feature items, the cost of a Sky Sports package, C£20 a month for "Now tv, is worthwhile for me, especially as I also watch their coverage of Cricket and American sports.
I also find that the presenters and analysts on Sky F1 add to the viewing experience.
If you are happy watching the C4 coverage, with it's bias in favour of Red Bull, thats fine, we all have a choice.
CH4 don't favour Hamilton, really? Interesting.
Old 13 Dec 2021, 17:15 (Ref:4089319)   #2623
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
No, I personally don't think so, other than Brits recognising a fellow Brit. But the strong link with RBR is clear and obvious.
Old 13 Dec 2021, 17:20 (Ref:4089321)   #2624
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
There is a pretty much universal view among the ex-drivers on the Sky and C4 teams that Verstappen’s driving is overly aggressive. Whether that is ‘favouring Hamilton’ depends on how much someone sees things as a binary choice whereby being critical of one driver means you are biased in favour of the other.
Old 13 Dec 2021, 17:28 (Ref:4089325)   #2625
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
7.4 million people in the UK watched yesterday's race - 4.4 million of them on C4.

That was 60% of the total audience watching broadcast TV at the time. Those are some quite spectacular numbers.

Tags
pinks