Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 25 Apr 2009, 15:13 (Ref:2449300)   #401
jordan123
Rookie

jordan123 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak View Post
I would imagine that there could be a money issue involved. Obviously they were on a cheap deal at West-Tec. (Hence lack of testing and proably reliability problems) Last thing JTR would want to do is strain there resourses by doing silly deals. The engine situation is also an issue and a costly fitting kit neccessary to swap engines. Nothing wrong with Honda anyway, so would be a waste of money to change and would not expect any objection from engine builders as they are sealed. Pity that he has so readily jumped ship after such a short partnership and will not do his reputation a great deal. A "good" driver character trait is that of one who sticks to his decisions and makes it work. In this game things rarely run smoothly and it takes a great deal of effort from all to succeed.

I wouldn't judge Jay until an explanation is given (if ever ) having met Jay on several occasions he comes across as a quite and level headed guy and it goes without saying he can drive
Surely its to his credit that he is not offering any reasons or excuses for the split
Old 1 May 2009, 04:31 (Ref:2453351)   #402
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
Jay Bridger will be at Silverstone come May 2 with his own team Bridger Motorsport engineered by his ex engineer Teo Lopes of last year on a very limited budget.
Old 6 May 2009, 16:16 (Ref:2456583)   #403
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
As there is no more racing for another 3 weeks or so, it's worth highlighting some anomalies in the BF3 calendar. At the moment the schedule for the rest of the year is:

30/31 May, Rockingham
6/7 Jun, Hockenheim, Germany
4/5 Jul, Snetterton
18/19 Jul, Donington Park
24/25 Jul, Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium
15/16 Aug, Silverstone
12/13 Sep, Portimão, Portugal
19/20 Sep, Brands Hatch

So let's see, that's Hockenheim one week after Rockingham, Spa less than one week after Donington (if it happens) and Brands Hatch one week after Portimão.

The venues may be fine, but the arrangement of the dates is rubbish. You would never think would you, that about a year ago the teams had specifically asked that there should be two weeks between rounds, especially foreign ones, and that SRO had agreed to this and said they would do their best to avoid back-to-back rounds.

The one I can see causing the biggest problem is the proximity of Spa to Donington. They will be racing at Donington on the Sunday and having to park up in Spa on the Wednesday. It can just about be done, but not if there is any accident damage to be repaired after Donington.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some further discussions about this.
Old 6 May 2009, 17:52 (Ref:2456663)   #404
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
donington to spa is 2 days driving at the most. out of the circuit on sunday night, then onto a ferry that evening/early morning and park up in belgium as far from the french border as possible, then down to spa the next day. it's only 3ish hours for a car from calais so it's not much more than 5 + legal breaks for a truck.

portugal back to brands could be interesting - it's either a straight drive up through spain and france or a ferry from santander (?).
Old 8 May 2009, 17:51 (Ref:2458099)   #405
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
portugal back to brands could be interesting - it's either a straight drive up through spain and france or a ferry from santander (?).
Depending on the comparative cost, I'd have though the ferry from Portsmouth to Santander and back would be a good option. I've been there once, but we bombed down through France, turned right at the border and did the whole of the Costa Verde and then turned left at Corunna and headed down to Portugal. Not the most drect route, although we were headed for Porto at the time, not Portimão.
Old 11 May 2009, 19:53 (Ref:2460388)   #406
Richard B
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
Richard B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jay Bridger to race with litespeed.
Apparently Jay is going to be running his Mygale with engineering and preparation from Litespeed under the banner of Litespeed F3/Bridger racing. Could be a good move for both parties.
http://www.britishf3international.co...ms%5Bid%5D=862
Old 12 May 2009, 14:53 (Ref:2460958)   #407
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak View Post
Carlin joker day @ Pembrey today. Any other team attending??
Don't know, but there is an official test at Rockingham next Monday, May 18th.
Old 14 May 2009, 18:58 (Ref:2462546)   #408
Richard B
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
Litespeed looking to F1 in 2010
Press release

http://www.litespeedf3.com/pressrele...h_F1_Plans.pdf
Old 4 Jul 2009, 11:19 (Ref:2495748)   #409
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Nick Tandy has abandoned his British F3 campaign in favour of the drive with the Kolles & Heinz Union team in the F3ES. Story here. It seems a shame, but there was a conflict of engine manufacturers, so it had to be one or the other.

I've had the feeling that JTR is beginning to miss Joe, so maybe the timing is not so bad.

There's a BF3 meeting at Snetterton this weekend if anyone wants to start a thread. I'm doing other things.
Old 4 Jul 2009, 16:02 (Ref:2495806)   #410
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post

There's a BF3 meeting at Snetterton this weekend if anyone wants to start a thread. I'm doing other things.
Haha, thats told them.Whoever them are.
Old 4 Jul 2009, 20:29 (Ref:2495867)   #411
Richard B
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
Nick Tandy has abandoned his British F3 campaign in favour of the drive with the Kolles & Heinz Union team in the F3ES. Story here. It seems a shame, but there was a conflict of engine manufacturers, so it had to be one or the other.

I've had the feeling that JTR is beginning to miss Joe, so maybe the timing is not so bad.

I started one on the 27th June but nobody posted anything...thought I'd got the date wrong! but there is however F3 this weekend... I know 'cos I was there
Old 4 Jul 2009, 20:36 (Ref:2495871)   #412
TIMELORD
Racer

England
TIMELORD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
I started one on the 27th June but nobody posted anything
I tried to revive it this afternoon, but to no avail!
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116727
Old 4 Jul 2009, 22:01 (Ref:2495902)   #413
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
See Snetterton thread.
Old 5 Jul 2009, 12:07 (Ref:2496077)   #414
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
This is really a silly season 2010 post, but I can't be bothered to start a new thread!

The teams have suggested to SRO that next year there should 3 races per weekend, rather than 2, which would make it a 30-race Championship, which would certainly be attractive to drivers. Story here.

It makes a lot of sense, because it doesn't increase the cost of transport and hotels at all. Presumably there would be one race on the Saturday afternoon and two on Sunday. It's been done before at Thruxton and, most memorably, at Monza when a race has been lost to the weather earlier in the season.

They will probably have to change the qualifying format, but it's certainly feasible.
Old 8 Jul 2009, 09:12 (Ref:2497678)   #415
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ART will join the British series at Spa and Algarve, time to see if tyres were indeed to blame for the poor Masters form.
Old 8 Jul 2009, 14:00 (Ref:2497780)   #416
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Yes, indeed. It's a full strength assault - story here.

Having F3ES teams join BF3 at Spa is nothing new. One year PremaPower brought Ryan Briscoe and Robert Kubica, so it will be very interesting to see how they go.

I suspect they will have been encouraged by how well Renger van der Zande has gone since he switched to BF3.
Old 8 Jul 2009, 15:53 (Ref:2497817)   #417
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats a great addition to the grid, will be interesting to see how they go, because they are all good drivers. HBR Motorsport often do spot rounds of British F3, last year they had Campos-Hull and Shaaban at Spa.
Old 8 Jul 2009, 17:58 (Ref:2497876)   #418
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
cor, that's going to be a bit interesting...
Old 8 Jul 2009, 22:27 (Ref:2498019)   #419
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
It'll be interesting how they can manage Cooper tires, British teams moaned about Kumho during one-ff at Masters, had some difficulties, wonder if ART can be fast straight from the garage. Suspect they will, although they have four cars on grid.
Old 29 Jul 2009, 14:59 (Ref:2510825)   #420
sauber11
Racer

Russian Federation
sauber11 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Van der Zande to replace Mustonen
This weekend Renger van der Zande will return to the F3 Euroseries. The Dutchman was invited by Motopark Academy team boss Timo Rumpfkeil to replace Atte Mustonen at Oschersleben.

Renger van der Zande is currently active in the British F3 series with HiTech and claimed several pole positions and podium finishes in the British series. "I'm really happy to receive another invitation to join a team and help them to make progress with the set-up of their car. My main focus at Oschersleben will be on the set-up of the car and hopefully I'm able to put the team forwards.

"I will dedicate myself completely to the team this weekend and after that return to HiTech for the British F3 series."
Buzaid to test for Interwetten
Adriano Buzaid will test with front running Formula Renault 3.5 team Interwetten before the Algarve round of the World Series tomorrow and Friday.

The 21-year-old Brazilian claimed his first British F3 win at Spa last weekend and now lies fourth in the championship with T-Sport.

He will use the two-day test with Interwetten to learn the Portuguese circuit ahead of the penultimate round of British F3 at the Portimao circuit in September.
Old 7 Aug 2009, 09:08 (Ref:2517236)   #421
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Michele Faccin in second West-Tec's National Class car at Silverstone
Old 9 Aug 2009, 16:52 (Ref:2518387)   #422
Richard B
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
2nd National Class driver for Litespeed at Silverstone, Indonesian A1 GP driver Satrio Hemanto.
http://www.litespeedf3.com/satrio%20press.html

Last edited by Richard B; 9 Aug 2009 at 16:53. Reason: spelling !!!!!

Tags
british f3, silly season