Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 2 Jun 2014, 00:01 (Ref:3413967)   #101
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
PRIZE BOOST FOR 2015 12 HOUR CHAMPIONS

A cash prize and some major changes in the classes. mostly good moves as far as i car see

the end of four driver teams

6am start
Old 2 Jun 2014, 03:32 (Ref:3414006)   #102
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah the four driver ruling in Class A caught me off guard.

Maybe to ensure the Am driver still has a strong contribution (in the way of driving time) to the end result of the event.

I would be keen to see the B12Hr adopt the FIA driver seeding rules though.
Old 2 Jun 2014, 03:59 (Ref:3414015)   #103
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I haven't seen all details, but it actually says only 3 drivers in class A doesn't it? Other classes 4 still ok?
Old 2 Jun 2014, 04:01 (Ref:3414017)   #104
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Yeah the four driver ruling in Class A caught me off guard.

Maybe to ensure the Am driver still has a strong contribution (in the way of driving time) to the end result of the event.

I would be keen to see the B12Hr adopt the FIA driver seeding rules though.
I think the removal of 4 driver teams is a good move for the reason you mentioned.

The Ferrari appeared to have an advantage last year because of it
Old 2 Jun 2014, 04:24 (Ref:3414022)   #105
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
I think the removal of 4 driver teams is a good move for the reason you mentioned.

The Ferrari appeared to have an advantage last year because of it
Does JB lose his drive with them now for this event ?
Old 2 Jun 2014, 04:28 (Ref:3414024)   #106
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thats correct FF.

I am not sure the Ferrari had an advantage compared to the #1 Mercedes or #37 McLaren.
Old 2 Jun 2014, 05:25 (Ref:3414029)   #107
scudd
Racer

scudd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Thats correct FF.

I am not sure the Ferrari had an advantage compared to the #1 Mercedes or #37 McLaren.
of course they did. what I can't work out was how fast Klark was at Bathurst yet struggled at PI.

I really like the changes, you'll have to really earn the win next year.
Old 2 Jun 2014, 05:28 (Ref:3414031)   #108
scudd
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Does JB lose his drive with them now for this event ?
I thought they'd leave salo out?

unless lowdnes goes elsewhere?
Old 2 Jun 2014, 22:31 (Ref:3414501)   #109
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by scudd View Post
I thought they'd leave salo out?

unless lowdnes goes elsewhere?
Surely Salo wouldn't get left out.........he's brilliant!
Old 2 Jun 2014, 23:24 (Ref:3414509)   #110
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
of course they did. what I can't work out was how fast Klark was at Bathurst yet struggled at PI.
What advantage did they have over others?
Old 2 Jun 2014, 23:27 (Ref:3414510)   #111
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Exactly, there was no advantage that came from the rule, only their application of it.

Those that chose 3 drivers that could have had 4, chose to opt for a disadvantage.
Old 2 Jun 2014, 23:29 (Ref:3414512)   #112
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:

I really like the changes, you'll have to really earn the win next year.
Kirkaldy and his carry on baggage?

Blancpain DHA tyres rather than customer DH?

What would I know?
Old 3 Jun 2014, 05:34 (Ref:3414586)   #113
scudd
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Surely Salo wouldn't get left out.........he's brilliant!
I doubt he'd fly economy. would he come for free. not sure?

plenty of local talent that would do a good job too you'd think?
Old 3 Jun 2014, 05:36 (Ref:3414587)   #114
scudd
Racer

Quote:
not sure but thought pete edwards did 1 tank and that was it? had he of done 3 hours, could they of won?

I hadn't seen pete since Bathurst so when I saw him at PI, I congratulated him for a great job by him and his team.

told him after his 3 dnf's, it was my turn next year after 3 dnf's too.
Old 3 Jun 2014, 05:38 (Ref:3414588)   #115
scudd
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff s conscience View Post
Exactly, there was no advantage that came from the rule, only their application of it.

Those that chose 3 drivers that could have had 4, chose to opt for a disadvantage.
no disadvantage next year. strongest slowest driver team should do well as long as all the other things that can go wrong don't.
Old 3 Jun 2014, 06:07 (Ref:3414592)   #116
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
no disadvantage next year. strongest slowest driver team should do well as long as all the other things that can go wrong don't.
The best slowest drivers' laptime itself isn't that important, it's the average laptime he does that will matter.

No point doing 10s or even 11s, if you then beach it or worse.

Round and round....
Old 3 Jun 2014, 06:20 (Ref:3414600)   #117
scudd
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff s conscience View Post
The best slowest drivers' laptime itself isn't that important, it's the average laptime he does that will matter.

No point doing 10s or even 11s, if you then beach it or worse.

Round and round....
I said strongest, not fastest. big diff.
Old 3 Jun 2014, 08:53 (Ref:3414652)   #118
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
told him after his 3 dnf's, it was my turn next year after 3 dnf's too.

Bloody well hope so! You and me both

Maranellos strategy reminded me of AF Corse years ago winning the Spa 24hr GT2 class in the 430 era. They had four drivers, three of them guns (Salo, Melo and Bruni from memory) and one Luiz Perez Companc who they included in the car because having a gentlemen driver in the car gave them a weight break. They put him in for the absolute minimum drive time, let the three guns do the heavy lifting and put him back in for the last lap as they had a sizable lead.
Old 5 Jun 2014, 06:19 (Ref:3415586)   #119
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd yort View Post
Sports Sedans are now on 2015 Bathurst Easter Festival Meeting Programme. I am wondering if that opening is caused by a category switching from that event to now be on the 12hr programme. Anyone know the 411?

(It would be great to get Production Sports running up there on that weekend).
FF have been invited back depending on their entry numbers which shouldn't be a problem.
Old 5 Jun 2014, 10:13 (Ref:3415662)   #120
356mal
Rookie

356mal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bathurst 12 hr 2015

Formula Ford at 2015 Bathurst 12 Hour

05 JUN 2014

The Formula Ford Association is proud to confirm that Formula Ford 1600 is set to race once again race at Australia’s most prestigious racetrack as part of the 2015 Bathurst 12 Hour event.

The FFA has received sufficient support for the event to proceed and we have been confirmed by the promoter as a support category to the 2015 Bathurst 12 Hour. The ability to secure the event was due to the commitment of the Formula Ford 1600 competitors. All who committed funds must be congratulated.

However, we have at least 7 months to work on growing the event with more entries, so spread the word.

To those already who have confirmed their intention to race and committed their funds, it would be a good idea to look for accommodation, as Bathurst is already filling up. Camping details at Mt Panorama will be advised when available closer to the event.

Official entry forms and paddock requirement forms will be issued in early Nov, closer to the event. As in previous years competitors will have the choice of a hired marquee from the event supplier or use of their own trailer/annex.

For further information contact the FFA by email or phone:
admin@formulaford.org.au
02 4773 9494
Old 5 Jun 2014, 13:03 (Ref:3415722)   #121
pigs fly
Racer

Australia
327VOR 23DME BNE
pigs fly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HELL if formula boring are running that's when i'll hit the showers as that will the best both worlds, miss the most boring class & get clean and not losing any time watching the .better classes
Old 5 Jun 2014, 23:02 (Ref:3415966)   #122
TCR
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
TCR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, the Formula Fords don't do much for me I'm afraid. I usually do most of pit walks, food gathering and esky restocking during the HQs, so looks like I'll have a bit more 'downtime' next year.
Old 6 Jun 2014, 04:11 (Ref:3416027)   #123
Sheep Stations
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Sheep Stations should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Engaging banter about disliking FF. About as relevant as me not thinking much about the taste of brussell sprouts.

Its a support category, they pay their way to be there, it helps financially support the B12 and it has a rich history of developing some of our best driving talent...

Shower, go get a hot dog, pull out your nose hairs, whatever...no one cares. Or do what those who genuinely love the sport often do, check out the future.
Old 6 Jun 2014, 04:30 (Ref:3416030)   #124
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep Stations View Post
Engaging banter about disliking FF. About as relevant as me not thinking much about the taste of brussell sprouts.

Its a support category, they pay their way to be there, it helps financially support the B12 and it has a rich history of developing some of our best driving talent...

Shower, go get a hot dog, pull out your nose hairs, whatever...no one cares. Or do what those who genuinely love the sport often do, check out the future.
agreed. supports with large fields is an important key in making the 12 hour event happen, and it also helps with crowd numbers
Old 6 Jun 2014, 05:29 (Ref:3416036)   #125
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep Stations View Post

Some relevant points SS, however if you don't like a particular category, then so be it. Whilst FF is a racecraft category and gives the youngsters a go, i also am not a big fan as i like my race cars to sound good, be quick and look good. If by having categories such as FF puts the required $$$ in the organisers pockets which means that the main game and the event benefits, then having a support category that you aren't keen on is a small price to pay.