Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Closed Thread

Old 11 Jun 2003, 18:15 (Ref:628577)   #1
sid w
Rookie

sid w should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dan Clarke Still Upbeat After Silverstone Frustration

COMTEC's DAN CLARKE was frustrated once again in his efforts to secure his second podium finish of the season in the UK Formula Ford Championship Round
7 at Silverstone last weekend.

The omens looked great for the fiery young Brit when he qualified in 4th spot in the wet, his best qualifying position of the season. However, the race ended in frustration as Ben Clucas' serious crash at Copse forced an early abandonment with Clarke lying second.

Clarke started from the front row in the re-run on the Sunday behind his team-mate Tom Gaymor, but an early mistake at Priory saw him slip to third behind Alex Danielsson in the Ray. Clarke regained 2nd at Abbey, but another mistake at Copse saw him lose 2nd once more.

Spurred on by a close race, Clarke once again overtook Danielsson on the outside at Abbey but disaster struck as Clarke's team-mate Oliver Jarvis misjudged his braking, driving into Danielsson, causing Danielsson to flip over the top of Clarke's car putting both Clarke and Danielsson out of the race. Clarke and Danielsson were back on talking terms in the paddock later
after Clarke was magnanimous in appologising for his heat of the moment reaction after first blaming Danielsson for the crash . Jarvis was later officially penalised by the clerk of the course for the manoeuvre.

Clarke said: "I'm only taking positives out of this weekend. I will use the negatives, my mistakes and any bad luck to help me to become a stronger and better driver. I've still got loads to learn and as long as the Comtec team helps me and we work together, even after mistakes such as Olivers, we can unite and win. Role on Rockingham"

Round 8 has now been postponed until the weekend of Castle Donington.
Old 11 Jun 2003, 18:39 (Ref:628617)   #2
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
beep...beep

care factor = zero
Old 11 Jun 2003, 18:46 (Ref:628629)   #3
AndyM
Racer

AndyM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spin doctors are at work again...
Old 11 Jun 2003, 18:52 (Ref:628640)   #4
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
*sigh* another 1-poster with another Dan Clarke press release. Although this one is toned down a bit.
Old 11 Jun 2003, 18:58 (Ref:628653)   #5
Russfeld
Veteran

Yeah, they really seem to be acknowledging our love of his PR.
Old 11 Jun 2003, 19:37 (Ref:628713)   #6
JR Ewing
Veteran

JR Ewing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There should be some special prize for introducing the most ten-tenths members. Clarkey would win easily (although that's about all he's likely to win) but he might be disqualified if it was found that all 417 introductions were really only 2 people...

Before anyone criticises, I'm not a bully, good luck to him, 'they' (sic) post on here and so do I - and this is better entertainment than the football, but make no mistake: i really couldn't care less. It's like comedy on the telly, fun and entertaining but it's not serious is it?

Last edited by JR Ewing; 11 Jun 2003 at 19:38.
Old 11 Jun 2003, 20:04 (Ref:628751)   #7
Russfeld
Veteran

Well its a tossup between Lewis and Clarke. Maybe there's something in the water near Norwich? That'd go a long way to explain a lot of things in that area come to think of it.
Old 11 Jun 2003, 20:13 (Ref:628766)   #8
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I know I'm not always perfect in the work that I do, but the fundamental spelling and grammatical errors are abysmal. In many ways I am more offended by these than the content. If you're doing PR, at least try to make it look professional.
Old 11 Jun 2003, 20:20 (Ref:628780)   #9
JR Ewing
Veteran

JR Ewing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Murray Talker, Bernie E, Sid W....

Max M next??

Jonathan Lewis is tongue in cheek funny - Nobby and his mates are just funny pathetic...
Old 11 Jun 2003, 21:42 (Ref:628948)   #10
Fred
Racer

Fred should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Russfeld
Well its a tossup between Lewis and Clarke. Maybe there's something in the water near Norwich? That'd go a long way to explain a lot of things in that area come to think of it.
I live near Norwich the only thing in the water in this area is either fertilizer run off from the farms or limescale. Now, if that was clogging up his well oiled publicity machine, it would be understandable.
Old 11 Jun 2003, 23:32 (Ref:629020)   #11
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Mr Jinxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The spelling is more offensive than the content
Sit in a chair, lift your right leg off the ground, point your toes forward and draw CLOCKWISE circles in the air with your foot. Then raise your right hand and draw the number 6 in the air with your index finger. Your foot will change direction. If you can't even do this simple coordination task, how could you drive a racing car?
Old 12 Jun 2003, 00:03 (Ref:629030)   #12
Russfeld
Veteran

I wonder what kind of PR they'd use if they had actual results.
Old 12 Jun 2003, 00:13 (Ref:629034)   #13
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Mr Jinxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The grammatically correct kind, I would hope. As opposed to the junior school playground spelling Role on some more humorous postings ...
Sit in a chair, lift your right leg off the ground, point your toes forward and draw CLOCKWISE circles in the air with your foot. Then raise your right hand and draw the number 6 in the air with your index finger. Your foot will change direction. If you can't even do this simple coordination task, how could you drive a racing car?
Old 12 Jun 2003, 00:19 (Ref:629038)   #14
Russfeld
Veteran

SUN RISES IN THE WEST AS A STAR IS BORN ON THE DUMMY GRID AT CALDWELL PARK

or something
Old 12 Jun 2003, 08:31 (Ref:629180)   #15
Freddie
Racer

Freddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Content - 2
Spelling - 1
Old 12 Jun 2003, 09:34 (Ref:629205)   #16
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i think we've discussed this quite enough now.