Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 13 Aug 2001, 10:12 (Ref:129555)   #1
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Papis does it again!!

Max Papis for the second time in three races took out his fellow Team Rahal driver, Kenny Brack, in a ridiculous manouvre which put himself out of the race and knocked Kenny out of any contention.

Now I've been a fan of Papis for a while, as he's a nice guy, but his performances this year, apart from his exceptional race in Portland, have been below average at best, and his two incidents with team-mate Brack have made his future at Team Rahal shaky at best.

Going by Bobby's comments, he was none too thrilled about it, and seemed to blame Papis 100%, which I couldn't blame him. Papis' excuse was pathetic, as the corner he tried to pass on was not one that a driver usually passes on.

It appears Papis will be out of Rahal at season's end anyway, as apart from his win, Bobby wants a fresh face and as Brack is performing so well (he leads the championship) he could bring in a young rookie (he may be regreting letting Herta go perhaps?)

I think Papis will be out of Rahal and will be lucky to find another CART drive, and it would be unfortunate as he's a nice guy (as I said) but he's just been too inconsistent the past two years. And Bracks' performances, particularly on ovals, have made Papis look worse.
Old 13 Aug 2001, 10:36 (Ref:129570)   #2
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
still it makes the title race interesting
Old 13 Aug 2001, 15:03 (Ref:129697)   #3
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It is a shame, Papis is very likeable, but his performances this year are not up to snuff. To be fair the team seems to be able to get more from the Lola on ovals than on road courses, but when they do hit the road courses they look completely lost compared to Penske, Team Green and lately Player's. I think that Papis will be replaced by Buddy Rice for next year.
Old 13 Aug 2001, 18:51 (Ref:129795)   #4
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Certainly Rahal was none too happy.
Can't blame him one bit.
But, to be fair, the Michigan incident wasn't of Papis' doing.
Old 13 Aug 2001, 19:59 (Ref:129841)   #5
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't get to see the incident, but read it was Papis' fault. A shame for Kenny and the Rahal team.
Old 13 Aug 2001, 23:32 (Ref:129973)   #6
Ray Bell
Veteran

Ray Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was a silly move, but then again, he had the run on Brack and it was a native instinct to take the inside running... a real shame Brack didn't see him coming, but as they said, he couldn't have at that point.

Papis should have known... if only they had car to car...

Bobby was more than a little peeved about it... and knew who to blame!
Old 14 Aug 2001, 00:02 (Ref:129985)   #7
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was surprised Kenny got going again - wasn't his back right wheel all broken?
Old 14 Aug 2001, 04:43 (Ref:130078)   #8
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd say there may be another driver in the number 7 Miller car next year, maybe Andre Lotterer, as Bobby wasn't to happy, looked like he wanted to hit papis on the spot
Old 14 Aug 2001, 09:36 (Ref:130179)   #9
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
MAX! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!???

It was very silly. And I don't blame anyone at Team Rahal for being very angry at Max.

As macdaddy said, the Michigan incident wasn't Max's fault.

I believe Max is feeling a little frustrated at the moment. His teammate is leading the championship, and is getting all of this attention, and poor Max is being left out in the cold a little.

I can't see Max being at Bobby's House of Love next year. I do hope he gets a good drive though, as I reckon he's a good driver, and a pretty good fella.
Old 14 Aug 2001, 14:27 (Ref:130317)   #10
Ray Bell
Veteran

Ray Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by DNQ
I was surprised Kenny got going again - wasn't his back right wheel all broken?
Obviously not... only lost three laps and we saw him sitting there for about two...
Old 14 Aug 2001, 14:53 (Ref:130332)   #11
Joey Jo Jo
Rookie

Joey Jo Jo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Poor Max

Did anyone see the interview with Max after the crash? He look very confused and I almost thought he was going to Cry then he tried to blame Kenny.
Poor guy, he is a very nice fellow I have met him a few times and he is always very friendly. But he can't keep a ride by being nice.