Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 22 Mar 2003, 10:53 (Ref:544032)   #1
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
GPL-Which Brabham do you have?

So many of the GPLEA cars are great, but there is no decent GPLEA Brabham. I did until 3 nights ago have the GPLEA car, but then i had a look at Bruce Johnson's cars, and the Brabham looked good, so i d/led it, and took it for a spin, and it looks great. Now i'm not so sure i like the new GPLEA Lotus either, and might get one from Bruce Johnson as well.
Which ones do you have?
Old 22 Mar 2003, 11:07 (Ref:544045)   #2
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't like the new lotus either but it's quite an improvement to the original nonetheless.

Don't have a new Brabham, still racing with the original one.
Old 22 Mar 2003, 11:09 (Ref:544048)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've actually never used the GPLEA Brab. Always used Bruce's and "upgraded" to his latest car when it came out.

I do use the GPLEA Lotus. I had used Micha's Lotus for ages, but I've now got used to the GPLEA car and I actually think its more accurate. In fact, Bruce's car is now the only non-GPLEA car I use (and when the next GPLEA Brab comes out, I'll evaluate that as well).

Have you got the rather nice white dials installed for Bruce's Brab?
Old 22 Mar 2003, 11:15 (Ref:544058)   #4
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think so. I've done some mips of my own as well, i've got 16-bit body tetures, so it looks nicer. I'm gonna have a go at a couple of others as well
Old 22 Mar 2003, 11:16 (Ref:544059)   #5
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I totally screwed up my ferrari. painted the player car to my liking but then all the other ferraris had black enginecovers, black nose and black interior...
Old 22 Mar 2003, 11:17 (Ref:544061)   #6
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I've just got Michas Lotus, is it any good?
Old 22 Mar 2003, 11:42 (Ref:544088)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I used it (the Gold Leaf version) for months. Looks good, but can be quite tricky to install. I still think on balance, the GPLEA car looks more right.
Old 22 Mar 2003, 11:47 (Ref:544096)   #8
ASCII Man
Veteran

Oh, i do have the GPLEA Brab.

And the one in progress there looks promising.
So does the BRM.

Last edited by ASCII Man; 22 Mar 2003 at 11:48.
Old 22 Mar 2003, 11:49 (Ref:544098)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Give Bruce's Brab a try, R - its very nice (and you can adopt a blue or a white version, if you prefer.......).
Old 22 Mar 2003, 12:03 (Ref:544110)   #10
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I've given up on Micha's Lotus, it's too hard to install
Old 22 Mar 2003, 12:03 (Ref:544111)   #11
ASCII Man
Veteran

Where does he place his cars on his site, i can only find updates..
Old 22 Mar 2003, 12:05 (Ref:544112)   #12
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
http://brucesstuff.speedgeezers.com/67bt24.zip
Old 23 Mar 2003, 16:33 (Ref:545414)   #13
ASCII Man
Veteran

Thanks, p!
Old 23 Mar 2003, 21:28 (Ref:545738)   #14
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have the GPLA one, personally I think the one that comes with the game is better
Old 23 Mar 2003, 22:08 (Ref:545799)   #15
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
The one with the game is the wrong size, as is the GPLEA one. All you have on the GPLEA one are a few updated mips, and new, ever so slightly modified 3do's.

Bruce's brabham is the right size, with 3D wheels, and is generally a lot nicer than either the games original, or the GPLEA
Old 24 Mar 2003, 11:38 (Ref:546237)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
I have the GPLA one, personally I think the one that comes with the game is better

Bruce's new Brab is infinitely better than the standard game car and the current GPLEA car.