Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 18 Nov 2020, 16:26 (Ref:4017723)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Spa 6 hrs

HSCC, CSCC, MRL, Masters, HGPCA, GTSCC.
Old 18 Nov 2020, 17:50 (Ref:4017735)   #2
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I shall be looking forward to this meeting.
Old 19 Nov 2020, 06:25 (Ref:4017812)   #3
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I shall be looking forward to this meeting.
Plus one😃
Old 19 Nov 2020, 13:20 (Ref:4017867)   #4
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Terrance where are you the fens are missing you??
Old 19 Nov 2020, 13:33 (Ref:4017869)   #5
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Terrance where are you the fens are missing you??
Yes of course they are John,I'm not missing those low altitudes though.
Much more comfortable over here in DE.
Many new and old friends make life nice and comfortable,no reason to leave.😉😉
Old 21 Apr 2021, 08:20 (Ref:4047016)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Since the server problem, the posts have detached from the calendar threads so just to advise the organisers have a new website http://www.spasixhours.com/en/ and a reminder that the weekend is from 30 September to 03 October. Fingers crossed.
Old 21 Jun 2021, 07:38 (Ref:4057542)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Encouraging news this morning; it appears that those who have been "double jabbed" may be able to travel to amber list countries without the need to quarantine on return to the UK.
Old 21 Jun 2021, 11:00 (Ref:4057578)   #8
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Encouraging news this morning; it appears that those who have been "double jabbed" may be able to travel to amber list countries without the need to quarantine on return to the UK.

Peter, where did you find this, please?
Old 21 Jun 2021, 11:17 (Ref:4057581)   #9
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Peter, where did you find this, please?
This was the opinion of the Govt Minister doing the media rounds at the weekend. There’s no official change of policy.
Old 21 Jun 2021, 11:16 (Ref:4057580)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Online Telegraph.
Old 21 Jun 2021, 11:25 (Ref:4057585)   #11
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Which is why I said "may be".
Old 21 Jun 2021, 11:44 (Ref:4057592)   #12
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Thanks for pointing out the paper. The only problem is that Bonking Boris appears to be pouring more than just cold water on this, this morning when he was out and about, saying that travel this year was going to be difficult.
Old 21 Jun 2021, 11:47 (Ref:4057595)   #13
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Indeed. This one seems to be a Govt ‘source’ floating ideas under discussion. Several papers reported it, all slightly differently, indicating it is a real proposal, but without details agreed. I’m feeling more optimistic than I was a few weeks ago about travel becoming easier from late summer onwards, once vaccination rates are higher and the general level of fear subsides a little.
Old 21 Jun 2021, 12:04 (Ref:4057597)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Indeed. This one seems to be a Govt ‘source’ floating ideas under discussion. Several papers reported it, all slightly differently, indicating it is a real proposal, but without details agreed. I’m feeling more optimistic than I was a few weeks ago about travel becoming easier from late summer onwards, once vaccination rates are higher and the general level of fear subsides a little.
Indeed, I hope it proves to be accurate.
Old 22 Jun 2021, 14:47 (Ref:4057758)   #15
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ah, but will the EU follow the lead of the USA and find a way to exclude anyone with the AstraZ vaccine as one or both of their doses? Ref. the Bruce Springsteen concerts in New York (or wherever they are).
Old 22 Jun 2021, 16:54 (Ref:4057774)   #16
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Ah, but will the EU follow the lead of the USA and find a way to exclude anyone with the AstraZ vaccine as one or both of their doses? Ref. the Bruce Springsteen concerts in New York (or wherever they are).
I hadn't seen that! Kind of unfair when we had no choice in what vaccine we were given. (An AZ recipient here)

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 23 Jun 2021, 08:17 (Ref:4057837)   #17
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
I am due to get my second dose of AstraZeneca here in France on Monday, so I rather hope not!
Old 23 Jun 2021, 09:57 (Ref:4057851)   #18
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I've had one dose, Moderna . . . . I can't go to Aus apparently . . . We were due to go last summer.

Its madness. You'd have thought the WHO would have a guidline on what works and whats snake oil.

personally I've written this year off for anything exciting, may get a gig in if I'm lucky, but no travel and no motorsport. . . .we do have a virtually new house though. . . so happy to be there. Just hoping the weather improves so I can enjoy the Cote D'Adur
Old 23 Jun 2021, 10:10 (Ref:4057858)   #19
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I had Moderna too, Joe, and my beloved went for Pfizer just to show who's the boss or spread the risk, I dunno! As to having a piece of Côte d'Azur in England hope it works bar flooding they have sometimes there!
Old 23 Jun 2021, 12:44 (Ref:4057885)   #20
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I had Moderna too, Joe, and my beloved went for Pfizer just to show who's the boss or spread the risk, I dunno! As to having a piece of Côte d'Azur in England hope it works bar flooding they have sometimes there!
We are so close to the sea we'll wash ashore in France if we do flood. We're Closer to Dieppe than half of London
Old 23 Jun 2021, 11:33 (Ref:4057874)   #21
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Don't know what is meant by Belgium being a dark red area - is it anything to do with Eau Rouge?
Old 23 Jun 2021, 11:47 (Ref:4057877)   #22
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
A few of my overseas mates are racing at Spa this weekend. Lets see how they get on.
Old 23 Jun 2021, 11:54 (Ref:4057880)   #23
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Don't know what is meant by Belgium being a dark red area - is it anything to do with Eau Rouge?
https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/covid-...-free-movement

'Dark red:
if the 14-day cumulative COVID-19 case notification rate is 500 or more'

Old 23 Jun 2021, 14:25 (Ref:4057895)   #24
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Neither the curve nor the organisation… From now till the end of September many things will change. Generally Belgian do better than Frogs!
Old 23 Jun 2021, 15:48 (Ref:4057903)   #25
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Neither the curve nor the organisation… From now till the end of September many things will change. Generally Belgian do better than Frogs!
Most Belgians seem to be holidaying in the Pas de Calais at the moment so Belgium is probably quite safe to visit just now.