Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 13 May 2019, 15:59 (Ref:3903514)   #1
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
BTCC 2019 - Thruxton - Rounds 7, 8, 9

Very close at the top of the standings!

70 - Ash Sutton
67 - Josh Cook
65 - Colin Turkington
65 - Tom Chilton
64 - Rory Butcher
58 - Tom Ingram
52 - Matt Neal
48 - Jake Hill
43 - Adam Morgan

Last year's results:

PP - Matt Neal / Civic FK8
R1 - Matt Neal / Civic FK8
R2 - Josh Cook / Astra
R3 - Adam Morgan / Mercedes
Old 13 May 2019, 17:35 (Ref:3903531)   #2
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
how will Turdoff's curse strike this time ?

mechanical or he gets rammed by other car ?

Butcher still up there but can' see him in the title fight unless the RWD cars are pegged back

will be very interesting how the 3 series performs at this track
Old 13 May 2019, 18:42 (Ref:3903547)   #3
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
I've got to say - it's a sad indictment when a driver's poor luck is considered to be a laughing matter.
Old 13 May 2019, 19:43 (Ref:3903557)   #4
Londoner
Racer

Londoner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I've got to say - it's a sad indictment when a driver's poor luck is considered to be a laughing matter.
It's alright, it's just the local forum troll looking to be fed.

BBC weather currently suggesting rain across both Saturday and Sunday.
Old 14 May 2019, 07:41 (Ref:3903640)   #5
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Simon Belcher has tipped him off about a nice place to have a picnic with his teddy bear.
Old 14 May 2019, 07:44 (Ref:3903642)   #6
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
You expect/hope he'll run cleanly and bag some points? Maybe win a race? I'd like to see that, but Sam is fresh out of good luck. Heck, if he landed a seat at Merc F1 it would probably breakdown or be driven into!
Old 14 May 2019, 07:48 (Ref:3903643)   #7
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
You expect/hope he'll run cleanly and bag some points? Maybe win a race? I'd like to see that, but Sam is fresh out of good luck. Heck, if he landed a seat at Merc F1 it would probably breakdown or be driven into!
I would hope that all drivers run cleanly, and that results are not lost due to bad luck.

I appreciate that this is unlikely to be the case - it just saddens me when people seem to take pleasure out of drivers' bad luck.
Old 14 May 2019, 07:50 (Ref:3903644)   #8
CroftPilgrim
Racer

CroftPilgrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm interested to see how the Subaru does. It was up there in the recent Thruxton test, not that you can take that as an accurate assessment. I have a feeling it will do a lot better than last year
Old 14 May 2019, 10:29 (Ref:3903666)   #9
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoner View Post
BBC weather currently suggesting rain across both Saturday and Sunday.
should keep the lid on any tyre drama. but thruxton has to be last on the list of places you'd want to be racing in the rain?
Old 14 May 2019, 10:52 (Ref:3903669)   #10
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Has there ever been a wet race at Thruxton in the NGTC era? Sure there must have been but can't remember any?
Old 14 May 2019, 11:01 (Ref:3903671)   #11
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Has there ever been a wet race at Thruxton in the NGTC era? Sure there must have been but can't remember any?
2012 was the last time it was wet at Thruxton (and it was absolutely horrible as I remember it!) - that was during the S2000/NGTC transition so it was a mixture of both types on the grid.
Old 14 May 2019, 11:08 (Ref:3903673)   #12
porsche962fan
Veteran

if I remember there are still open penalties to be handed over from Donington like Plato ramming Tordoff , maybe Sutton on Oliphant

AMD shuold put this at back of Tordoff Civic

Old 14 May 2019, 11:29 (Ref:3903675)   #13
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
if I remember there are still open penalties to be handed over from Donington like Plato ramming Tordoff , maybe Sutton on Oliphant
Only two to be looked into, Smiley on Jackson and Jordan's appeal against the decision not to blame Collard for the Race 1 incident..

Last edited by RS67; 14 May 2019 at 11:36.
Old 14 May 2019, 11:46 (Ref:3903682)   #14
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
Only two to be looked into, Smiley on Jackson and Jordan's appeal against the decision not to blame Collard for the Race 1 incident..
Yes - full details can be found here - https://www.touringcartimes.com/2019...n-park-dramas/

Quote:
if I remember there are still open penalties to be handed over from Donington like Plato ramming Tordoff
Your memory appears to be clouded by an inherent prejudice towards Plato. As confirmed on the day of the event, Plato's contact was dealt with through verbal warning - 'ramming' never came into it.
Old 14 May 2019, 14:36 (Ref:3903715)   #15
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I hope it gets properly resolved, we don't need any of that kind of controversy repeating itself at Thruxton

Certainly a few drivers went a bit OTT at Thruxton, like Plato and a few others, but luckily it didn't reach a serious point. So hopefully we can continue having good close hard but fair racing, like we had at Brands. It's nice to see more contact being dealt with, even though I have seen worse
Old 15 May 2019, 11:09 (Ref:3903883)   #16
porsche962fan
Veteran

Blundell "confused" about BTCC driving standards
Old 15 May 2019, 11:21 (Ref:3903888)   #17
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think he makes some fair points though. There does seem to be a "defend each corner at all costs" attitude among a lot of the drivers. Maybe it's a legacy of coming from much shorter races for some of them?
Old 15 May 2019, 11:30 (Ref:3903894)   #18
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
this is deja vu.

he also complained of driving standards when he had his very lucklustre season in british gt.
Old 15 May 2019, 11:32 (Ref:3903896)   #19
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Seems to be quite an honest, and fair, interview given by Blundell.

His maturity seems to be something that is lacking from a few drivers at Donington, and his comments are definitely more restrained than those from other individuals at/after the meeting.
Old 15 May 2019, 11:38 (Ref:3903902)   #20
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Seems to be quite an honest, and fair, interview given by Blundell.

His maturity seems to be something that is lacking from a few drivers at Donington, and his comments are definitely more restrained than those from other individuals at/after the meeting.
Wow, it's been 33 years since he last raced at Thruxton... longer than half of the grid have been alive!
Old 15 May 2019, 13:47 (Ref:3903940)   #21
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think he has a point. Drivers defend too hard, instead of trying to get them back. They shouldn't need to defend, unlike most series you can overtake in the BTCC

Anyway I expect the TD Hondas to be up at the front, they usually go well here, no matter what spec Civic they use and with little and no ballest in their cars, that should give them an advantage in quali
Old 15 May 2019, 20:52 (Ref:3904036)   #22
3marinadrive
Rookie

3marinadrive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So I admit to being a bit biased as I am friends with the folks involved with the team....I have an argument to say that Trade Price Cars with AmD...and especially Jake Hill..are A) The biggest surprise in terms of overall results B) Have shown that the much-maligned Audi is actually a pretty decent car now it has the right combination of engineering, management and drivers C) Shows if you are focussing your efforts and using your (relatively small) budget wisely you can get amongst the competitive pack. Jake's drive in race two from P29 to P9 and then to stay in the top six on the option tyre in race three said that once they have a solid qualifying they will be in the competitive mix....Discuss my friends!
Old 16 May 2019, 07:51 (Ref:3904084)   #23
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3marinadrive View Post
So I admit to being a bit biased as I am friends with the folks involved with the team....I have an argument to say that Trade Price Cars with AmD...and especially Jake Hill..are A) The biggest surprise in terms of overall results B) Have shown that the much-maligned Audi is actually a pretty decent car now it has the right combination of engineering, management and drivers C) Shows if you are focussing your efforts and using your (relatively small) budget wisely you can get amongst the competitive pack. Jake's drive in race two from P29 to P9 and then to stay in the top six on the option tyre in race three said that once they have a solid qualifying they will be in the competitive mix....Discuss my friends!
To be fair I have never been a fan of his either as a driver or a person, but Jake has surprised me, I didnt think they would get much out of the Audi as lets face it nobody has before, I honestly cant see the results carrying on at this level throughout the season tho.
The next batch of circuits shouldnt really suit the Audi but lets see.
Old 16 May 2019, 10:31 (Ref:3904095)   #24
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post

Anyway I expect the TD Hondas to be up at the front, they usually go well here, no matter what spec Civic they use and with little and no ballest in their cars, that should give them an advantage in quali
they have been outdone by BTC and even AMD to this point , they really have problems inside that team , my guess they really miss Shedden
Old 16 May 2019, 10:47 (Ref:3904097)   #25
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
they have been outdone by BTC and even AMD to this point , they really have problems inside that team , my guess they really miss Shedden
Agree, I think had they got Jackson last year story may have been different based on the performance he was able to drag out of the Focus compared to others.
I dont think the car suits Dan's style *(im not even sure the series does to be honest) and still think he was a panic quick decision because of all the issues at the time.
I was very surprised to see the line up kept for 2019.