Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 15 Jul 2009, 15:15 (Ref:2502290)   #1
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Silverstone Classic Delta BBQ.

OK Ive been given the nod that the Delta team are in "Multi-Car Preparers part of the paddock". This area is next to the shower block and opposite HGPCA parking.So far so good . Thanks Nick. We Finnish qualifying at 4pm Friday so plan too start BBQ at 7 to 7.30.Now i need to know who's coming please. No ifs or buts just yes or no.!!!!!. The BBQ is for all 10/10 members so that's Marshalls. Mechanics and all the failed racing drivers .. PM me or just post on here. Looking forward to meeting lots of friends. Thanks Iain. If you want to bring some drink that's good but also you will need some chairs. I will supply everything else.
Old 15 Jul 2009, 15:21 (Ref:2502298)   #2
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mr Delta/Iain,

That is such a great gesture! As a marshal (and a freeloading one at that!) I will only be too happy to join you guys.
Old 15 Jul 2009, 16:36 (Ref:2502338)   #3
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for your generous offer Iain. Please count me in (I'm a marshal)-be good to put faces to names and really feel part of the whole festival.

See you there!

Steve
Old 15 Jul 2009, 16:54 (Ref:2502351)   #4
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I could be there but I'll also need a ticket to get in plus a bit of diesel money to get up there would help as well.

I'll get me coat.
Old 15 Jul 2009, 17:18 (Ref:2502363)   #5
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Iain if it is ok my dad & I will drop by to put some faces to names. Cheers, John (& Owen)
Old 15 Jul 2009, 20:54 (Ref:2502471)   #6
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Darn, can't make it Iain, have to be at Spa for that bl.... 24 hours race. I might be able to make a good business deal, so....
But I will be at Brands for the FF2000 race on September 13.
Old 15 Jul 2009, 21:05 (Ref:2502475)   #7
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well Delta, it seems you're goig to be inundated with ''tenthers''. We don't finish until at least 1800, probably stood down about 1815. So don't start before we get there...please

I'll send Terry (Bower) down if I'm trackside, but we will hopefully be in he S/C.
Old 15 Jul 2009, 23:02 (Ref:2502519)   #8
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Iain,

Contrary to my previous post on the subject, have now managed to negotiate with the wife that I'm taking her out for her birthday on the thursday evening. So, would also love to come, and am still up for a stint on the BBQ if you need it.

James
Old 16 Jul 2009, 06:47 (Ref:2502581)   #9
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'll come along when the stand shuts at 2100. thanks :-)
Old 16 Jul 2009, 06:54 (Ref:2502583)   #10
paul leedham
Racer

England
Grimsby
paul leedham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheers Delta, I'll be another hungry marshal happy to accept your offer
Old 16 Jul 2009, 06:56 (Ref:2502584)   #11
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi, Iain

Me and Fay will be along 7.00 to 7.30 sounds good still gives us time to see Pussycat Dolls who are on stage at 9.15 !!!
Old 16 Jul 2009, 07:35 (Ref:2502595)   #12
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
OK Alan we can leave the women to wash up.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 16 Jul 2009, 07:36 (Ref:2502596)   #13
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We only use paper plates to save on the washing up !!!!
Old 16 Jul 2009, 08:31 (Ref:2502623)   #14
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry Iain,I won't be able to make it, I was looking forward to S/C duties and the BBQ but something has cropped up.
Old 16 Jul 2009, 09:59 (Ref:2502658)   #15
Zola
Racer

United Kingdom
Zola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to come too and put names to faces... Cheers
Old 16 Jul 2009, 10:38 (Ref:2502686)   #16
Fay
Veteran

England
Silverstone
Fay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Crook View Post
We only use paper plates to save on the washing up !!!!
Does that mean I can put the plates in the kitchen into the bin, I wondered why they got soggy in the dishwasher!!

I look forward to meeting up with you again Iain.

Fay
Old 16 Jul 2009, 11:45 (Ref:2502711)   #17
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Do we have to have name badges? Would be useful.
Old 16 Jul 2009, 12:46 (Ref:2502742)   #18
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why,incase you forget who you are?
Old 16 Jul 2009, 14:34 (Ref:2502798)   #19
Jordygirl
Racer

England
Rutland
Jordygirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Many thanks for the BBQ invite to ten tenthers, can you put me down for 2 (marshals) please. See you there. Linda
Old 16 Jul 2009, 15:16 (Ref:2502821)   #20
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
I will organise SOME beer.Is there anything else?
Old 16 Jul 2009, 16:36 (Ref:2502861)   #21
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Thanks John,looking foward to meeting everyone.Ive organised my freinds who helped me with the show to come and do the shoping and cooking. Im going to be short on table and chairs so we could be using tyres and tool boxes to sit on.Alan the" washing up for the girls" was a wind up for Fay.
Old 16 Jul 2009, 16:41 (Ref:2502864)   #22
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_D View Post
Do we have to have name badges? Would be useful.
Only if they're Nomex and stitched through the outer layer of your clothes. And I hope the barbecue mitts are 8856-2000
Old 16 Jul 2009, 18:23 (Ref:2502915)   #23
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For those who don't know - whenever there's a Delta or Historic FF2000 barbecue these days, I end up organising it. Purely by chance, I'll be enjoying the delights of Le Touquet whilst you lot are err... enjoying Iain's culinary fare this year.

I'm actually quite jealous - It would be really good to be cooking for all the Ten-Tenthers who will be there (particularly the marshals). Anyway, by way of consolation, I intend to find a suitably cosy bar in which to enjoy the Mont Ventoux stage on Saturday, but I'll be thinking of you all on Friday evening.
Old 16 Jul 2009, 18:39 (Ref:2502925)   #24
zakeriath
Racer

Wales
Swansea
zakeriath should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Iain,

Please put myself and Steve C another marshal down

Thanks

Andy
Old 17 Jul 2009, 05:52 (Ref:2503100)   #25
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Who apart from the Marshals are turning up and how many will bring something as we can't expect Iain to foot the Bill.You can only do so much with five loaves,five fish or whatever it was.I know Roger W and I will chip in but anyone else?