Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 31 Jul 2019, 19:59 (Ref:3920647)   #1
drbob
Racer

drbob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bob and Kev's Excellent Coast to Coast Adventure

Yes grantp. I should have made mention of it on ten tenths at the time
I will post up some videos as soon as I get a chance
I am starting on a 7 day hike on the Coast to Coast walk tomorrow so depending on the wifi hopefully I will do that shortly
Old 31 Jul 2019, 23:15 (Ref:3920602)   #2
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbob View Post
....I am starting on a 7 day hike on the Coast to Coast walk tomorrow so depending on the wifi hopefully I will do that shortly
Just be aware of extensive flash flooding in the Yorkshire Dales yesterday which may be along the route of that walk - not sure. One bridge washed away and lots of roads, paths etc disrupted. And check any accommodation booked as some properties have been flooded.

But the area is very much still 'open for business' so don't be put off - just be prepared for some possible disruption. If you're going west to east, after the Dales you'll then hit my locality of the North York Moors and the Cleveland Way.

Any problems or help needed just PM me.

Have a great trip!
Old 1 Aug 2019, 06:12 (Ref:3920617)   #3
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Just be aware of extensive flash flooding in the Yorkshire Dales yesterday which may be along the route of that walk - not sure. One bridge washed away and lots of roads, paths etc disrupted. And check any accommodation booked as some properties have been flooded.

But the area is very much still 'open for business' so don't be put off - just be prepared for some possible disruption. If you're going west to east, after the Dales you'll then hit my locality of the North York Moors and the Cleveland Way.

Any problems or help needed just PM me.

Have a great trip!
The washed out bridge has impacted on the World Cycling Championships due to be held in Yorkshire in Sept. It was part of the Road Race course. I'm sure things will be sorted so your chance to see the likes of Thomas, Allphillipe, Bernal, et al in action.
Old 1 Aug 2019, 06:23 (Ref:3920619)   #4
drbob
Racer

Thanks We are only doing the first half from St Bees to Kirkby Stephen so hopefully it will be OK
Depart in 1 hour
Old 1 Aug 2019, 07:19 (Ref:3920626)   #5
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
The washed out bridge has impacted on the World Cycling Championships due to be held in Yorkshire in Sept. It was part of the Road Race course. I'm sure things will be sorted so your chance to see the likes of Thomas, Allphillipe, Bernal, et al in action.
I hope so Bob - I'm supposed to be 'on duty' covering the Grinton Moor sections on the day for any riders or public that 'go over the edge'. No doubt they'll be able to re-route around the bridge.
Old 1 Aug 2019, 07:35 (Ref:3920627)   #6
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
I hope so Bob - I'm supposed to be 'on duty' covering the Grinton Moor sections on the day for any riders or public that 'go over the edge'. No doubt they'll be able to re-route around the bridge.
Or as the Army Royal Engineers to install a temporary bridge?
Old 1 Aug 2019, 11:22 (Ref:3920643)   #7
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Or as the Army Royal Engineers to install a temporary bridge?

Could they just set up a ramp to jump the chasm and then build a temporary grandstand for chargeable spectator viewing?
Old 1 Aug 2019, 11:39 (Ref:3920646)   #8
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Could they just set up a ramp to jump the chasm and then build a temporary grandstand for chargeable spectator viewing?
Where is the “like” button!
Old 2 Aug 2019, 06:10 (Ref:3920768)   #9
drbob
Racer

The end of the first day is at Ennerdale Bridge. A 24.5 km walk along coastal cliffs and beautiful countryside.
We only took two wrong turns which I cannot blame on my HERO rally navigator Kev.
While walking along the ocean cliffs near St Bees we noticed crayfish pots. We are staying at Shepherds Arms for the first night. Madam d'hotel said they made the best steak and ale pie in the region but when I saw the St Bees lobster ( from the pots we saw ) I had to try that. Plenty of lobster meat and very nice.
Only downside is that I think we consumed too much red wine on the first night.
On to Rosthwaite today, about another 24 km hike.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7754.JPG   IMG_7766.JPG   IMG_7777.JPG  

IMG_7790.JPG  
Old 2 Aug 2019, 06:13 (Ref:3920769)   #10
drbob
Racer

More photos from day 1
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7812.jpg   IMG_7817.jpg   IMG_7834.jpg