Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 9 Sep 2014, 10:43 (Ref:3451450)   #1
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"Mobile" Style

Ok, we're experimenting with a style aimed at mobile devices. This is a cutdown style that should appear if you use Tenths from a smartphone / tablet etc.

Let us know if you like this kind of thing.
Old 9 Sep 2014, 21:13 (Ref:3451643)   #2
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
where do you select the new style?
Old 10 Sep 2014, 05:54 (Ref:3451719)   #3
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON View Post
Ok, we're experimenting with a style aimed at mobile devices. This is a cutdown style that should appear if you use Tenths from a smartphone / tablet etc.

Let us know if you like this kind of thing.
Great move, the modern web should just work on all devices, changing styles in response to device types is part of that and I don't believe pushing people to native apps is the answer. We should stay in the browser.
Old 10 Sep 2014, 06:51 (Ref:3451730)   #4
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
where do you select the new style?
"Most" mobile devices should be detected automatically based on what they send as the browser identifier. If your device isn't being detected then let me know by PM. Also, at the moment, I think it only works within the "forum" section of Tenths and not on the front page. It's very experimental and I know at least one useful feature (Quote) seems to need a tweak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourWheelDrift View Post
Great move, the modern web should just work on all devices, changing styles in response to device types is part of that and I don't believe pushing people to native apps is the answer. We should stay in the browser.
We'll have to agree to disagree on that one, I think that a good native app can be a much better way to interact with content as they can leverage device capabilities such as cameras etc.
Old 10 Sep 2014, 08:25 (Ref:3451750)   #5
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I like the idea but on the home page it looks like the site is broken, I thought something had gone wrong until I read this page. I don't know if you have to rewrite everything for it or is it just one template?
I'd say get rid of the peripherals on the home page so you just get a the menus for the forums, if I customise it on my phone will it carry over to the web site?
I did mention elsewhere to you that on my iPad and iphone the actual posts wont resize to my screen size so I have to keep scrolling across to read anything, with the new layout it resizes perfectly but only on one thread, all the rest just revert to the web page view.
Just a minor thing but on the home page it does seem a bit contrasty having a white background but that's just my own preference, what do other think?
All in al I think It's good but as I say most of it just reverts back to a web view.
Old 10 Sep 2014, 08:32 (Ref:3451751)   #6
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
For mobile users I'd strongly suggest bookmarking http://tentenths.com/forum instead of the main page.
Old 20 Mar 2015, 01:07 (Ref:3517312)   #7
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is this new 'mobile' style still a thing? Ten Tenths on my phone has just switched to a new style of website today, and my question is how do I go back to the old one?

I cannot stress enough how much better the proper website is than what I have now.
Old 20 Mar 2015, 06:29 (Ref:3517339)   #8
slummingangel
Racer

Ireland
slummingangel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agree with the poster above. I much prefer using the desktop version. This 'mobile' version just feels cramped and scrunched up. Also clicking full site at the bottom just brings me back to Forum page regardles of what page I'm on.

Last edited by slummingangel; 20 Mar 2015 at 06:31. Reason: added more info.
Old 20 Mar 2015, 08:02 (Ref:3517356)   #9
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah I can't go back to full site on my phone.

I don't mind the theme, but it is very full and grey. Actually quite hard on the eyes.

But the main problem is that I can't seem to go to the last unread post, so it is very difficult to browse. Is there a way of doing this through the mobile theme?
Old 20 Mar 2015, 08:44 (Ref:3517361)   #10
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Ok guys, so the plan was to go for an even "leaner" looking mobile style (and by the way, just clicking on a thread title would take you to the last post, but I digress).

I've changed it back to the old "mobile" style and detection mechanism.

Thanks for the feedback.
Old 20 Mar 2015, 15:51 (Ref:3517463)   #11
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Some new detection has been added, users that try to access the front page http://tentenths.com on a mobile device will now be automatically redirected to the main forum list.

The reason for this is that at the moment the very front page doesn't look good on mobile devices (I've a bit of work to do on that one I feel!)
Old 20 Mar 2015, 22:39 (Ref:3517627)   #12
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Ok guys, so the plan was to go for an even "leaner" looking mobile style (and by the way, just clicking on a thread title would take you to the last post, but I digress).
It didn't seem to be working for me - I tried, although I do open multiple tabs. This is on an Iphone 4 if that makes a difference
Old 21 Mar 2015, 01:55 (Ref:3517660)   #13
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikuni View Post
It didn't seem to be working for me - I tried, although I do open multiple tabs. This is on an Iphone 4 if that makes a difference
Clear any cookies, that sometimes helps.
Old 21 Mar 2015, 04:24 (Ref:3517672)   #14
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Can't 'quote' in a response.

It seems to offer that in the 'reply' at the bottom of a post but the actual quoted reply does not come up?

Any thoughts Grant?
Old 21 Mar 2015, 04:41 (Ref:3517674)   #15
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Can't 'quote' in a response.

It seems to offer that in the 'reply' at the bottom of a post but the actual quoted reply does not come up?

Any thoughts Grant?
Yeah just use the "reply" button for the post you want to quote.
Old 21 Mar 2015, 04:56 (Ref:3517675)   #16
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
It worked!

Cheers man
Old 21 Mar 2015, 08:52 (Ref:3517693)   #17
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
At the bottom of the new posts screen there's the page numbers and a last page button but no Next button, the number buttons are quite small on a phone screen so makes for dexterous pushing to get to the next page. I did prefer Thursday nights/Friday mornings incarnation but can live with this quite happily over Tapatalk.
Old 21 Mar 2015, 13:01 (Ref:3517734)   #18
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Skyscraper ad on the right really messes up the mobile view. It takes up half the width of the screen.
Old 21 Mar 2015, 13:07 (Ref:3517737)   #19
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Skyscraper ad on the right really messes up the mobile view. It takes up half the width of the screen.
Another reason to subscribe.

Advert sizes and positions will be examined later.
Old 21 Mar 2015, 19:30 (Ref:3518036)   #20
Mt. Lynx
Racer

Sweden
Stockholm
Mt. Lynx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This "mobile" theme is extraordinary messy on a phone. The original was a million times better.
Old 21 Mar 2015, 20:21 (Ref:3518059)   #21
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt. Lynx View Post
This "mobile" theme is extraordinary messy on a phone. The original was a million times better.
Switch your browser to "desktop view" and see how you get on.
Old 22 Mar 2015, 00:58 (Ref:3518166)   #22
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not a fan at all, stripped away all of the latest post icons and previews so I can see what's new, also the "default style" button doesn't switch it back, I'm on an iPad if that helps
Old 22 Mar 2015, 07:55 (Ref:3518281)   #23
Mt. Lynx
Racer

Sweden
Stockholm
Mt. Lynx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Switch your browser to "desktop view" and see how you get on.
How? I've looked around for such a feature, but I can't find it.
Old 22 Mar 2015, 08:54 (Ref:3518293)   #24
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Appreciate the effort that's gone in here but the desktop version looks and works much better. What's the thinking behind the change?
Old 22 Mar 2015, 09:58 (Ref:3518306)   #25
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
Is there a way to switch back to the "normal" style ? I am using an iPad and I am apparently stuck with the "mobile" style, which currently lacks the functionalities I am normally using. Selecting "default style" does not change anything.