Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 2 Sep 2012, 09:08 (Ref:3128820)   #1
CJDJ500
Rookie

United Kingdom
CJDJ500 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My Street Circuit Compilation

This is just a quick thread about some of the road/street courses that I have come with recently. All of my circuits were created via Gmap Pedometer, and I will add basic details: i.e. amount of corners, length and any notable surroundings. If you want, you can give me a location for me to design a street course there, but give me time and don't just expect one in the next few minutes.

I will start with these road/street courses, located in Palm Beach, Florida, and in Seattle, Washington.
Old 2 Sep 2012, 09:31 (Ref:3128832)   #2
CJDJ500
Rookie

United Kingdom
Palm Beach Raceway

This is my first circuit, in Palm Beach, Florida.

At 2.27 miles long (3.65km), this play area for the cars has 14 turns, and three high speed sections (from turn 14 to the pit straight, the straight between turns 4 and 5 and from the turns 10 and 11 hairpin towards 12). It also runs past luxury hotels and apartments.
Attached Thumbnails
Palm Beach Raceway.png  
Old 2 Sep 2012, 09:53 (Ref:3128842)   #3
CJDJ500
Rookie

United Kingdom
Seattle Street Circuit

This is my second street course; in Seattle, Washington. It has 16 turns, zero elevation (according to Gmaps), and is 2.4 miles (3.6km) in length. The pit straight will be especially notable, because it runs past the Seattle Space Needle, and the long straight after turn 5 runs underneath the Olympic Sculpture Park. It then goes down several roads past the apartments before going down Denny Way, 6th Avenue North, and Aurora Avenue North. A left hander down Harrison Street takes you down towards another left hander, and back round to the finish.

This would be good for an IndyCar/Indy Lights weekend, with a possible ALMS race featuring.
Attached Thumbnails
Seattle Street Circuit.png  
Old 4 Sep 2012, 21:36 (Ref:3130837)   #4
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJDJ500 View Post
This is my second street course; in Seattle, Washington. It has 16 turns, zero elevation (according to Gmaps), and is 2.4 miles (3.6km) in length. The pit straight will be especially notable, because it runs past the Seattle Space Needle, and the long straight after turn 5 runs underneath the Olympic Sculpture Park. It then goes down several roads past the apartments before going down Denny Way, 6th Avenue North, and Aurora Avenue North. A left hander down Harrison Street takes you down towards another left hander, and back round to the finish.

This would be good for an IndyCar/Indy Lights weekend, with a possible ALMS race featuring.
Thinkin' like a pro.
Old 11 Nov 2012, 18:04 (Ref:3165234)   #5
CJDJ500
Rookie

United Kingdom
Ottawa Indy Grand Prix

Thanks Beetle! Anyways, here is another project I've come up with. It's located in Ottawa, the capital city of Canada. It is a 1.97mi (or 3.17km), 16 turn street circuit that runs past many famous buildings in Ottawa, inculding the Parliament Hill and the National War Memorial. At times the track is narrow which could create problems in terms of overtaking, especially after turn 6, where the track narrows slightly. A pretty good challenge.
Attached Thumbnails
Ottawa Indy Grand Prix.png  
Old 12 Aug 2014, 15:17 (Ref:3443712)   #6
CJDJ500
Rookie

United Kingdom
Well, it's been a while since I last had any involvement with this thread whatsoever! Just so you know, I am open to requests from you guys, and you can also post your own ideas if you really want.
Old 12 Aug 2014, 15:41 (Ref:3443717)   #7
CJDJ500
Rookie

United Kingdom
Lodz Street Circuit

This is my first one in a while! But here goes...

This is my idea in Lodz, Poland. It is 3.11mi in length, has 16 turns and runs in an anti-clockwise direction. One thing that is pretty cool (in my opinion) are the several long straights (in between turns 3 and 4, turns 8 and 9, turns 12 and 13, and the pit straight), that make up the circuit, due to the fact that they could lead to close and exciting racing, with the addition of potentially creating decent overtaking opportunities.

The start/finish line is located at the north end of the circuit, as indicated by the red circle. Meanwhile the pitlane is indicated by the red line running from turn 14 to turn 2. I have also included the elevation profile to see how much of a challenging role the elevation could play at this circuit.
Attached Thumbnails
Lodz Street Circuit.png   Lodz Street Circuit Elevation.png  

Last edited by CJDJ500; 12 Aug 2014 at 16:11. Reason: Grammar errors
Old 12 Aug 2014, 16:19 (Ref:3443730)   #8
CJDJ500
Rookie

United Kingdom
Palma Street Circuit

Here is another idea of mine, located in Palma in Mallorca, Spain. It is 2.63mi in length and runs clockwise. It has 16 turns and plenty of elevation changes (as indicated by the elevation profile image below), along with being quite wide in places to provide sufficient overtaking opportunities.

Once again the pitlane is indicated by the red line whilst the start/finish line is indicated by the red dot. The circuit consists of 2 long straights (in between turns 1 and 2, and turns 13 and 14), which also provide overtaking opportunities. Technically, they aren't actually straightaways; they're more like very long kinks, sort of like the pit straight at the Long Beach Indycar circuit. These straights are also relatively wide which provides a good chance of seeing some intensely-fought battles. And that is what racing is all about!
Attached Thumbnails
Palma Street Circuit.png   Palma Street Circuit Elevation.png  
Old 12 Aug 2014, 19:47 (Ref:3443784)   #9
CJDJ500
Rookie

United Kingdom
More Polish Courses

Here are two other street circuits I thought of in Poland. The first is in the capital, Warsaw (the picture on the left). It is 3.1mi in length, has 18 corners and runs in an anti-clockwise direction. This particular track encircles the Stadion Narodowy, which is located just to the East of the city centre and the Vistula River. The track crosses a trainline at T4 and subsequently runs parallel to the track before T5. This long straightaway is a good place for drivers to draft their opponents and therefore is a good overtaking place as they head into T5. The track is quite wide at this point, meaning that action is a certainty. Turn 1 is also good for close racing and overtaking. The circuit narrows in the North-Eastern part of the track (turns 6 to 13), so expect even more lively races!

The second street circuit is in Szczecin, in the North-west of Poland. It is located to the west of the Oder River, and in the vicinity of the Baltic Sea. This circuit also runs anti-clockwise, and is 1.65mi long. It also contains 15 corners and a long, wide pit straight that is also good for overtaking others. A lot of the rest of the course contains a series of chicanes and other wide areas of track, so that the drivers can put sneaky overtaking manoeuvres with less problem. And we all know that plenty of overtaking opportunities is the key to an action-packed race!
Attached Thumbnails
Warsaw Street Circuit.png   Szczecin Street Circuit.png  
Old 13 Aug 2014, 17:39 (Ref:3444017)   #10
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks. Maybe the Poles should start their own FIA F4 series for some of these!