3 7 11.11%
2 7 11.11%
1 8 12.70%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 3 Nov 2013, 15:26 (Ref:3326574)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the race: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

What score do you give it?
Old 3 Nov 2013, 17:46 (Ref:3326628)   #2
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
What score do you give it?
4, and being generous at that. Top four spots never in any serious doubt. Only question is where the Ferraris would end up.
Old 3 Nov 2013, 18:05 (Ref:3326631)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
4 from me too. A few tasty overtakes but the same old 'same old' really.
Old 3 Nov 2013, 19:04 (Ref:3326656)   #4
paddy
Veteran

England
Nottingham
paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpaddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I gave it two for the sunset. It's the last time I'll bother this season my lifetime love of Grand Prix racing has finally run out. It's boring, predictable and lacking in passion and excitement.
Old 3 Nov 2013, 19:27 (Ref:3326665)   #5
alan1302
Racer

England
Doncaster, UK
alan1302 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy View Post
I gave it two for the sunset. It's the last time I'll bother this season my lifetime love of Grand Prix racing has finally run out. It's boring, predictable and lacking in passion and excitement.
See you again next year
Old 3 Nov 2013, 19:32 (Ref:3326666)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It'll be better next year then....? Ye Gods, we can only hope so.
Old 3 Nov 2013, 19:53 (Ref:3326672)   #7
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
3 , A race ruined by 2 DRS zones one after another , I will overtake you in the first zone , through the chicane and then you can come past me in the second zone , pointless but I suppose it does put the overtake count up . How about some consistency with the stewards ? Sutil gets past 2 cars while exploring the car park and gets away with it !
Old 3 Nov 2013, 20:20 (Ref:3326697)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I liked it. Just a GP where they found out who wast the best driver and car. Fun to see some work out how to use two DRS zones. An impressive track and an eclipse of the sun to boot.
Old 3 Nov 2013, 20:24 (Ref:3326702)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
4. We can always hope for better next race.
Old 3 Nov 2013, 20:24 (Ref:3326703)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I just like the pretty colours. Must have been an 8 then.......
Old 3 Nov 2013, 20:29 (Ref:3326709)   #11
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
6. Slightly above average race.

Some of you guys might want to find something other than watching F1 to spend your time watching. I don't understand how you can moan about every race in an era with an unprecedented amount on track action and still enjoy the sport/show.
Old 3 Nov 2013, 20:31 (Ref:3326710)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Unprecedented? A few DRS overtakes, a Ferrari driver in desperation out of the pits and one driver sailing into the distance - again, and again, and again. I really must have missed something.....
Old 3 Nov 2013, 20:38 (Ref:3326714)   #13
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
6. Slightly above average race.

Some of you guys might want to find something other than watching F1 to spend your time watching. I don't understand how you can moan about every race in an era with an unprecedented amount on track action and still enjoy the sport/show.
I am thinking about finding something else to do with my time at weekends , the only thing keeping me hanging on at the moment are the changes next year . Perhaps I moan because I am not enjoying the sport/show so much .
Old 3 Nov 2013, 20:51 (Ref:3326716)   #14
blaffer
Racer

Belgium
Antwerp
blaffer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dullest race of the season on the dullest track of the calendar.
Vettel's donuts were the most exciting event of the weekend.
Old 3 Nov 2013, 21:09 (Ref:3326721)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
At least I'm relieved I'm not the only one.
Old 3 Nov 2013, 22:34 (Ref:3326752)   #16
sparkione
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
sparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Ghastly place, turgid race. Bet Kimi wishes he hadn't bothered turning up.

One point for Seb's donuts, another for Mark's.
Old 3 Nov 2013, 23:38 (Ref:3326769)   #17
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gave it a four, just for the donuts...

Felt like a three hour race, certainly in the talk for the worst race of the season.
All those tarmac run offs are killing an already below average track.
Drivers could even overtake using them, and the waaaay too long consecutive DRS zones are crap, because most drivers seemed to regain the position on the second one.

Looking forward to Austin.
Old 3 Nov 2013, 23:40 (Ref:3326770)   #18
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Unprecedented? A few DRS overtakes, a Ferrari driver in desperation out of the pits and one driver sailing into the distance - again, and again, and again. I really must have missed something.....
Whether you like the DRS or not, there's more overtaking in the "pirelli era" than any other in the history of F1. There's also far more cars finishing on the lead lap and the cars are as close to each other in performance as they've ever been. You might not like what it is specifically, but you can't deny there's more on-track action then there's there's been in a while, if ever. I remember when there was sometimes more engine blowups in a race than there were overtakes.

This race was pretty interesting. The top 4 were set after Webber overtook Rosberg, but 5th-10th were constantly in flux and there was action on track between Hamilton, the Ferraris, the Saubers, the Force Indias and Perez. Not a great one but certainly worth watching, and the cars looked great under the artificial lights too.
Old 4 Nov 2013, 00:40 (Ref:3326790)   #19
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
It's Mario Kart stuff. If you like that, then your in heaven, if you don't then you are in trouble. It's overtaking but it's trivial sling shot stuff. Distant are the days when you slowly hauled in your opponent, attempting to unsettle him and with good racecraft, passed. OK, you might still get a bit of that but it's often lost in confusing clutter of constant pitstops and penelope pitstop overtakes.

All to draw in the masses.
Old 4 Nov 2013, 01:06 (Ref:3326794)   #20
Danny27
Rookie

Argentina
Buenos Aires
Danny27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
4. Not much to say about it
Old 4 Nov 2013, 01:25 (Ref:3326796)   #21
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny27 View Post
4. Not much to say about it
This!

Even when there is action, it occurs in the middle of a tarmac sea and is so sanitized that it fails to deliver any drama!

Alonso's exit from the pit and ramping over the curb was probably the major action of the race!

Nice logic from the stewards (not) letting him off for leaving the track, Teflonso and Ferrari International Assistance at it once again!
Old 4 Nov 2013, 02:10 (Ref:3326803)   #22
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Same old, same old. Vettel's absurd burnout and subsequent "quote" weren't amusing to me, either. In a sport as high class as this, such tawdry behavior should not be condoned, and thankfully it wasn't. Ridiculous.

A generous 4.
Old 4 Nov 2013, 03:12 (Ref:3326821)   #23
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
6. The race had it ups and downs.
Old 4 Nov 2013, 04:04 (Ref:3326830)   #24
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy666 View Post
3 , A race ruined by 2 DRS zones one after another , I will overtake you in the first zone , through the chicane and then you can come past me in the second zone , pointless but I suppose it does put the overtake count up . How about some consistency with the stewards ? Sutil gets past 2 cars while exploring the car park and gets away with it !
And how the does Alonso get away with his move too. He was clearly behind Verge. Left the track. Came back on in front of Verge. That's a blatant off track pass. If there was a wall there he'd have stayed behind.

Instead Alonso demands Verge gets penalised for pushing him off track? Being pushed off track didn't exactly hinder him much did it...

I'd like to see a replay on this.
Old 4 Nov 2013, 04:16 (Ref:3326831)   #25
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I also gave it a 2. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Honestly, I was editing photographs through much of it.

That double DRS zone thing is silly. Overtake me, I overtake you back.

*mutters darkly*