Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 27 Sep 2020, 14:07 (Ref:4006813)   #2176
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I picked up the last 1.5 hour this morning. Love the ring!! And great coverage as ever!
Old 27 Sep 2020, 16:34 (Ref:4006863)   #2177
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I picked up the last 1.5 hour this morning. Love the ring!! And great coverage as ever!
The coverage is great.

The fact that the decided to geoblock was anything but great.
They even went on to geblock streams that were working earlier.

And for what reason?

They get a big thumbs down from me for that.

Luckily someone provide me with a working non-geoblocked stream or I wouldn't have been able to see anything of it.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 17:28 (Ref:4006912)   #2178
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No good, gert. I don't recall this being an issue in previous years, correct? What gives this year?
Old 27 Sep 2020, 18:11 (Ref:4006919)   #2179
Maggo
Racer

Germany
Maggo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
No good, gert. I don't recall this being an issue in previous years, correct? What gives this year?
Best thing is that geoblocking is counterproductive. N24 looses viewers and publicity abroad but now local broadcaster wins something if its geoblocked.
I could understand if its geoblocked in germany to get he viewers in front of the television where a german channel is broadcasting. But here in germany we had 2 streams (youtube --> english , 24hrennen.de -->german) and live TV (NITRO) .

So geoblocking was total nonsense
Old 27 Sep 2020, 18:11 (Ref:4006920)   #2180
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
The coverage is great.

The fact that the decided to geoblock was anything but great.
They even went on to geblock streams that were working earlier.

Even RLM link?

http://www.radiolemans.co/2020/09/24/n24-2020/
Old 27 Sep 2020, 18:14 (Ref:4006922)   #2181
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wasn't Eng listed in both Rowe cars?
He's not mentioned on Sportscar 365 as a victor, so either he didn't drive the 99 or I mis-read the entry list and he wasn't pulling double duty?

Either way, bad luck for him if he didn't get in the 99.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 21:47 (Ref:4007015)   #2182
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
No indeed, I have never had issues with geoblocking before, and I have always just followed the official stream.
So I was both surprised and disappointed when I was denied access this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWRv12 View Post
Even that.

The only thing that worked was this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari333SP View Post
If you have VLC player, try this network link; hopefully not geo blocked: https://dyjrxkgx1q1xn.cloudfront.net...6/push4eu.m3u8

Last edited by gert; 27 Sep 2020 at 21:52.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 21:49 (Ref:4007016)   #2183
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
Wasn't Eng listed in both Rowe cars?
He's not mentioned on Sportscar 365 as a victor, so either he didn't drive the 99 or I mis-read the entry list and he wasn't pulling double duty?

Either way, bad luck for him if he didn't get in the 99.
He was entered, but I don't think he drove the winning car.

With the 24hours only lasting 16hours and everyone getting a few decent hours of rest, maybe the car switching was no longer necessary.
Old 28 Sep 2020, 03:41 (Ref:4007058)   #2184
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggo View Post
Best thing is that geoblocking is counterproductive. N24 looses viewers and publicity abroad but now local broadcaster wins something if its geoblocked.
I could understand if its geoblocked in germany to get he viewers in front of the television where a german channel is broadcasting. But here in germany we had 2 streams (youtube --> english , 24hrennen.de -->german) and live TV (NITRO) .

So geoblocking was total nonsense
Youtube stream was blocked in Belgium, France, Luxemburg, Andorra, Monaco and US. We know the US exclusive rights owner was Motortrend and clearly some channel had bought exclusive rights in these other 5 countries (sounds like one that operates in all of them). There is no mystery and the blocks certainly weren't random.
Old 28 Sep 2020, 10:08 (Ref:4007126)   #2185
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Youtube stream was blocked in Belgium, France, Luxemburg, Andorra, Monaco and US. We know the US exclusive rights owner was Motortrend and clearly some channel had bought exclusive rights in these other 5 countries (sounds like one that operates in all of them). There is no mystery and the blocks certainly weren't random.
I would like to know who bought the rights for Belgium? There was nothing on TV as far as I could tell.
None of our TV stations are interested in the 24h of Spa (apart from maybe the first and last 90 minutes on RTBF), so I don't know why they would even buy exclusive rights for the Nurburgring 24.

That aside, there was nothing on the Nurburgring site(s) that told me why it was blocked or where I could watch if I wanted to.
Old 29 Sep 2020, 04:10 (Ref:4007304)   #2186
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
I would like to know who bought the rights for Belgium? There was nothing on TV as far as I could tell.
None of our TV stations are interested in the 24h of Spa (apart from maybe the first and last 90 minutes on RTBF), so I don't know why they would even buy exclusive rights for the Nurburgring 24.

That aside, there was nothing on the Nurburgring site(s) that told me why it was blocked or where I could watch if I wanted to.
I don't know, but those were the countries that were blocked. Doesn't have to be a tv channel, can be also some streaming service.

You can still see the list of blocks if you put the link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LGapfk2q-s) here:
https://polsy.org.uk/stuff/ytrestrict.cgi

(That link says unavailable regardless of location now, because of some sort of Youtube glitch with longer than 12h live streams.)
Old 29 Sep 2020, 10:08 (Ref:4007340)   #2187
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
I don't know, but those were the countries that were blocked. Doesn't have to be a tv channel, can be also some streaming service.

You can still see the list of blocks if you put the link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LGapfk2q-s) here:
https://polsy.org.uk/stuff/ytrestrict.cgi

(That link says unavailable regardless of location now, because of some sort of Youtube glitch with longer than 12h live streams.)
Thanks for the link to check geoblocked streams. Bookmarked.

The good thing is I missed only the first 90 minutes (until I got a link that worked)
But frankly, I still don't get why they did it.

AFAIK no media had something about the Nurburgring at all over here.
Old 10 Oct 2020, 12:43 (Ref:4009480)   #2188
JimboCycling
Rookie

JimboCycling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't manage to watch live, and English language still isn't available on YouTube 2 weeks later. I don't think it's the geoblock as I'm in UK and it was available live here. Anyone know where I can watch it!? Thanks
Old 11 Oct 2020, 15:51 (Ref:4009867)   #2189
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboCycling View Post
I didn't manage to watch live, and English language still isn't available on YouTube 2 weeks later. I don't think it's the geoblock as I'm in UK and it was available live here. Anyone know where I can watch it!? Thanks
Sync the German footage on mute with the RLM coverage if it's on their website?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 13 Oct 2020, 20:57 (Ref:4010479)   #2190
JimboCycling
Rookie

JimboCycling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoodyMcFlude View Post
Sync the German footage on mute with the RLM coverage if it's on their website?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Yeah, that works when I'm sitting down to watch for a decent chunk of time, it's just a bit faffy when I just want to stick it on for 15 minutes when I'm cooking the tea etc.
It's a great event so it's worth the faff anyway!
Old 30 Oct 2020, 16:24 (Ref:4013909)   #2191
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All the remaining VLN races for this year are cancelled.
Old 12 Nov 2020, 11:23 (Ref:4016132)   #2192
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2021 Schedule:
20.03. – Probe- und Einstellfahrt
27.03. – 66. ADAC Westfalenfahrt
17.04. – 46. DMV 4-Stunden-Rennen
01.05. – 63. ADAC ACAS Cup
26.06. – 52. Adenauer ADAC Rundstrecken-Trophy
10.07. – 61. ADAC Reinoldus-Langstreckenrennen
11.07. – 44. RCM DMV Grenzlandrennen
11.09. – ROWE 6h ADAC Ruhr-Pokal-Rennen
25.09. – 53. ADAC Barbarossapreis
09.10. – 45. DMV Münsterlandpokal
http://gt-place.com/2020/11/12/nls-v...-kraft-voraus/
Old 13 Nov 2020, 21:09 (Ref:4016408)   #2193
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Interesting to see a race on 1st May - I had assumed that would be the weekend of the 24H Qualifying race (usually 5 weeks before the 24H).

The 6 hour race is much later than usual - the teams get August off!
Old 15 Feb 2021, 09:27 (Ref:4035200)   #2194
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Matteo Cairoli, Michael Christensen, Kévin Estre und Lars Kern will drive for Manthey-Racing 2021.
http://gt-place.com/2021/02/15/manth...lo-programm_2/
Old 15 Feb 2021, 11:39 (Ref:4035226)   #2195
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Good choices there, they have enough experience of these events and in a well run team too
Old 19 Feb 2021, 19:32 (Ref:4035938)   #2196
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Lance-David Arnold and Alessio Picarello are new in the Falken Motorsport-Ranks for 2021.
http://gt-place.com/2021/02/19/falke...n-fahrerkader/
Old 21 Feb 2021, 20:42 (Ref:4036232)   #2197
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No joke, the NLS series is trying to kill the little guys. The entry fee increase is INSANE? I did not ask for a helicopter at every round of the series. Just a few track extra cameras perhaps through the Hacksenback. Do they want to just become all GT3 cars?

https://www.motorsport.com/endurance...aign=widget-22
Old 21 Feb 2021, 20:48 (Ref:4036233)   #2198
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
This is really old cup of coffee. In Germany this discussion is three weeks gone and the series has published a statement to that.
Old 22 Feb 2021, 09:41 (Ref:4036277)   #2199
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Old news indeed. Everything has been sorted and is ready to go
Old 26 Feb 2021, 21:28 (Ref:4037230)   #2200
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
That 11 Sep date for the 6H is looking very attractive as an option for a 24-hour race which cannot possibly go ahead with spectators on 5-6 Jun.