Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 21 Aug 2000, 23:35 (Ref:31977)   #1
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know there are some Canadians out there - anybody else going to spend this weekend playing in the dirt at Mosport?
Old 22 Aug 2000, 04:48 (Ref:32040)   #2
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry Liz, I can't make it...I've got to feed the cat...
Old 22 Aug 2000, 11:44 (Ref:32084)   #3
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bring her along, she can stand over there with the other guys' wives.
Old 22 Aug 2000, 11:51 (Ref:32088)   #4
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Im serious!

The family is going to Hong Kong on Saturday and it is my job to keep the cat alive and stop the house from burning down...I'm sure Invader would be able to sympathise with my situation

Tell us a bit about the Cascars, that name suggests a poor relative of the Neckcar...what's the go there?
Old 22 Aug 2000, 11:53 (Ref:32089)   #5
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Oh oh, what i meant by that Invader comment is that he has cats, and im sure he feeds them....and im sure Invader can stop the house burning down as well....
Old 22 Aug 2000, 23:02 (Ref:32206)   #6
Liz
Veteran

Beautiful cat!

Here's the official blurb on CASCARS: "The CASCAR SUPER SERIES is a stock car series that predominantly races on ovals. The Mosport event is one of the few real road course races on the schedule and is a National Series event. The cars are constructed from tube fram chassis, stock front clip and North American fibreglass body. The body styles used in this series are Chevrolet Monte Carlo, Ford Taurus, Pontiac Grand Prix and Dodge Avenger."

They raced at the Molson Indy this past July and there were some wonderful smash ups, almost as much fun as watching Formula Fords. Also racing are the FFords, GT Challenge Cup (We have a friend in this class who is leading the points race at present), Canadian Champ Car Lights, and our very own ISSECO Kumho F1200 Championship series. I think on Saturday we will be there 12 hours. We stay in Oshawa which is halfway between here and there, and when the gates open at 7:00 a.m. we are the first ones in!

Old 23 Aug 2000, 11:18 (Ref:32318)   #7
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Sounds like a hoot!

Would that be the biggest Canadian national package?Canadian Champ Car Lights...indy lites?

1st in? Sounds like me! I always like to walk around the track and pick up bits of dead cars...i've got a bag full of parts in my cupboard!!
Old 30 Aug 2000, 01:59 (Ref:33829)   #8
Liz
Veteran

What a weekend. Very crowded and noisy and exciting weekend - one GT2 car burned, but not our friend (Blaise is his name but he didn't) and the pilot was not hurt, only very upset at the loss of his car. We started 20th and finished 12th so not a complete waste of a weekend. The next time I'm up at Mosport will be for the opening race in April - and then the ALMS!