Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 24 Jun 2013, 15:49 (Ref:3268979)   #401
Ian Briggs
Veteran

Ian Briggs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just returned from a weeks Scuba in the Shetland Isles, well, the wet bits between them, so body thermostat now set for BGP weather conditions and Moisture level

F21, is that right on the flippin slope?
Old 24 Jun 2013, 16:20 (Ref:3268992)   #402
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauln View Post
It would be good to see you, Chris. It's been far too long.
Yes Paul, it's been too long. But I needed a break, doing every weekend for nearly 8 years, was starting to affect work, being tired all the time. Job changed, not so intensive so more relaxed. Back soon I hope.

Last edited by ChrisA; 24 Jun 2013 at 16:30.
Old 24 Jun 2013, 20:39 (Ref:3269138)   #403
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Poole, Dorset (Scouser in exile!)
Mike Kelly 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthportFC Fan View Post
If you're thinking of recording the BBC's TV coverage of practice, I strongly suggest you check their schedule and you don't use the F1 timetable !!

Those of you who aren't going, but have booked the Friday off work to watch practice broadcasted by the BBC, you've wasted a day's holiday.

They're showing it all on Saturday morning.
If you have freeview, check channel 301 (BBC red button) as all the practice sessions are shown there.

Mike Kelly - Patron saint of public houses!
Old 24 Jun 2013, 21:30 (Ref:3269169)   #404
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can quite understand that, Chris.
Old 24 Jun 2013, 22:00 (Ref:3269184)   #405
gachjoel
Veteran

Wales
Cardiff
gachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kelly 1 View Post
If you have freeview, check channel 301 (BBC red button) as all the practice sessions are shown there.
Wimbledon is on so that might change things !
Old 25 Jun 2013, 00:24 (Ref:3269263)   #406
f1bettings
Rookie

f1bettings should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
can't go this year, hope to be able to get out next year. Relegated to watching in on telly
Old 25 Jun 2013, 06:31 (Ref:3269352)   #407
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Reminder for pits, start line and pit wall marshals... There will be tea and coffee available (small cost) in both the F1 and the Support Pit lane Offices, please remember to bring your own cup.
Old 25 Jun 2013, 17:17 (Ref:3269636)   #408
thepits!
Veteran

England
England
thepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
please remember to bring your own cup.
or Mug?

But don't care.
Old 25 Jun 2013, 18:24 (Ref:3269662)   #409
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepits! View Post
or Mug?
LOL...no there are enough mugs to go around....just not the sort that hold hot liquid!

Gentlemen of your age may wish to bring a folding chair as well....
Old 25 Jun 2013, 20:49 (Ref:3269723)   #410
2JamesR2
Rookie

United Kingdom
Gravesend
2JamesR2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GP noob question- I've got one friend with my Friday guest wristband, and my Dad has the weekend wristbands and the car pass. If my friend wanted to drive down and camp on Thursday night, could he park in the public car parks on Thursday that he would be using on Friday morning and then walk in with tent and things? Or is this too complicated/not allowed?
Old 26 Jun 2013, 05:21 (Ref:3269833)   #411
Piglet
Veteran

Camp where? If you mean the marshals camp site then a marshal's guest wrist band will give pedestrian access to the marshals camp site. A car pass is needed to take a car into the site though.

I am not sure about public parking, in previous years access to the whole area has been permit only and parking had to be bought in advance, this may have changed as this year it appears possible to buy entry tickets on the gate. Practically if your friend is able to get to public parking it is likely to be on the opposite side of the circuit to the marshals campsite so you may need to collect him as I doubt he'll be allowed to walk through on Thursday night.

Check the Silverstone web site or ring then to see if there is any success on the day parking. You could try IMSA for an additional marshal's car pass but they usually have a limited amount and you may well be too late.

Don't forget to read the instructions relating to the one way systems and routes to the marshal's campsite.
Old 26 Jun 2013, 08:43 (Ref:3269893)   #412
Steve Fox
Racer

United Kingdom
S.W.London
Steve Fox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So when, on Sunday morning, my Missus rolls up guess pass in hand is she then expected as a "guest" to pay a weeks wages to park?
Old 26 Jun 2013, 09:59 (Ref:3269935)   #413
hellblade
Rookie

England
Gillingham, Medway
hellblade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i guess she will, either that or maybe try to get another car permit for the campsite?
Old 26 Jun 2013, 10:48 (Ref:3269956)   #414
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
In other news, it is now forecast (BBC) to rain from around 3pm on Thursday to midnight, then intermittently all day on Friday.
Old 26 Jun 2013, 10:58 (Ref:3269957)   #415
Steve Fox
Racer

United Kingdom
S.W.London
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellblade View Post
i guess she will, either that or maybe try to get another car permit for the campsite?
That doesn't seem right, what is the use of a guest pass that allows your guess in but not to park unless they want to park in the campsite, which, as we will all be on post at the crack of sparrows, is a completely inappropriate place for her to leave a car. Are there no "guest" car parks??
Old 26 Jun 2013, 11:46 (Ref:3269973)   #416
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The only way to get an answer on this is to phone IMS directly. If you're lucky there may still be time to get a second car park permit out in the post.
Old 26 Jun 2013, 11:58 (Ref:3269977)   #417
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It is generally expected that your guest will be coming with you for the whole weekend and will be arriving in your car. If they are not then there are a limited number of extra car passes to the campsite with are available from IMS and their availability was publicised on here some time ago as others have said there may still be time for you to be able to get one sent out ready for her to arrive on Sunday, but no there isn't any specific "guest" parking.
Old 26 Jun 2013, 12:07 (Ref:3269983)   #418
TerryD
Racer

United Kingdom
Suffolk
TerryD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gentlemen of your age may wish to bring a folding chair as well....[/QUOTE]

I will be bringing my folding chair as usual!

Last edited by TerryD; 26 Jun 2013 at 12:07. Reason: bad spelling!
Old 26 Jun 2013, 12:13 (Ref:3269988)   #419
Steve Fox
Racer

United Kingdom
S.W.London
Thanks for the answers, Doesn't look like she will be at the British Grand Prix this year then and so therefore this will be my first and last.

As for obtaining a pass for the Marshals camp site, personally I think someone has missed the point somewhere as ones guest will arrive after the Marshal has gone to post and will leave, mud and all, before the Marshal gets back from post. Or have I misunderstood something?
Old 26 Jun 2013, 13:14 (Ref:3270008)   #420
turbo-ww
Racer

England
turbo-ww should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Fox View Post
Thanks for the answers, Doesn't look like she will be at the British Grand Prix this year then and so therefore this will be my first and last.

As for obtaining a pass for the Marshals camp site, personally I think someone has missed the point somewhere as ones guest will arrive after the Marshal has gone to post and will leave, mud and all, before the Marshal gets back from post. Or have I misunderstood something?
Have you actually tried speaking to the right people??

Please call IMS on +44 (0)1753 765100.

You never know, they may want to help....
Old 26 Jun 2013, 13:22 (Ref:3270013)   #421
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How dare they expect guests to pay to park, it's not like they've given us a complimentary ticket....

Old 26 Jun 2013, 17:34 (Ref:3270110)   #422
gachjoel
Veteran

Wales
Cardiff
gachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_D View Post
How dare they expect guests to pay to park, it's not like they've given us a complimentary ticket....

Old 26 Jun 2013, 18:22 (Ref:3270131)   #423
Steve Fox
Racer

United Kingdom
S.W.London
Quote:
Originally Posted by gachjoel View Post

Good. Thanks for that. That should stop anybody else asking a daft question...
Old 26 Jun 2013, 19:09 (Ref:3270146)   #424
Richard Duvall
Racer

England
Rochford
Richard Duvall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Fox View Post
Not too long ago I attended the GP as a paying member of the public and I recall that it was only a tenner to park!
Old 26 Jun 2013, 19:15 (Ref:3270148)   #425
Steve Fox
Racer

United Kingdom
S.W.London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Duvall View Post
Not too long ago I attended the GP as a paying member of the public and I recall that it was only a tenner to park!
Try £45 per day and before someone suggests park and ride you can only book park and ride when you buy your entry ticket.

Hence the daft question.