Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 30 Oct 2000, 10:32 (Ref:45833)   #26
apguy
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Suffolk
apguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
and Mr Guy was spotted in the Redgate gravel trap almost exactly 12 months ago today - didn't think it was a good time to introduce ourselves though...
Blimey, you were there as well! I was well miffed at that incident as I had just got nerfed up the rear and then ploughed into on the side - none of it my fault

It was very nice to meet all you folks over the season and its always good to know (as you circulate the circuit) that there are at least a few motorsport fans out in the crowd rooting for you.

I'll be out for the 2001 season and look forward to seeing you all in the spring.

Regards
Andrew
Talbot Sunbeam Ti
Old 5 Nov 2000, 13:25 (Ref:46815)   #27
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have met masses of people this year - up to and including Gil de Ferran and Helio Castroneves who don't post here - yet ... met Ken last year and spend a lot of time freezing or frying at Mosport and watching him race...and sneaking off to bench race with mechanics I've met through the Newsletter that Ken disapproves of because they are "short and young" ...

I met Jay at the Molson Indy Toronto and will meet up with him again in Montreal (and also hope to meet Eero there - bringing Ken and his brother who is a former race photographer), this year; met Daniel and Sarah at Le Mans, and Sarah and I are going again this year and have Pitlane tickets so we can help Panoz win something ... met Hurricane and Bluebottle and TimD after Le Mans; Sparky, Mrs. Sparky, Invader, Craig, Carrie, Maisie, Chris Y, Sarah and The Brother, Lee, Rick Pearson, Lorna and some others that I never did get introduced to, at Snetterton (my friend Helen who was with me found y'all terrifying, incidentally) and re-met Bluebottle and TimD. That's not bad for one year!

Next year I hope to re-meet all of the above and to meet Gerard and NeilC; Linda Joyner of "Autograph Book" fame is coming to stay with me for the Molson Indy as we have found out we are Soul Sisters.

An excellent way to make friends. And the amazing thing is that everyone has proved to be just as advertised.
Old 6 Nov 2000, 17:16 (Ref:47003)   #28
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
But Liz,

You haven't met me yet!!!!

Last year I met Carrie, Chris, Maria, Lornykins, Redshoes, Woody, somebody called 'vader, and er, Craig?.

This year Tim D and his mate from Cambridge, Bluebottle, Sparky and Mrs Sparky plus that Camaro scaring daughter of theirs and Mr Dan have graced some of our events.

I already knew the Group 1 racers but I also met Josvandpeirre at Spa and latterly Snetterton.
Old 7 Nov 2000, 02:47 (Ref:47103)   #29
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have met Carrie, Craig, Invader, Chris, Maisie, Woody, Redshoes, Schoey, Mr Mallett, Sparky, Mrs Sparky, Sparky Junior (top girl), Bluebottle, Tim D, Mr Purnell, Les, Rick P, Danielsun, Liz, Sarah (and the Welsh brother). I think that is everyone. I will now get slated for missing someone off!

First people I met was at the second round at Donington last year outside Redgate Lodge (funnily enough!) and that little group consisted of Carrie, Craig, Invader, Chris, Maisie and Schoey if I remember rightly.

The first person I recognised out of the group was Craig. I still reached for my mobile to phone one of the guys because I didn't want to look stupid if I had totally picked the wrong group! What happened then? Invader got the round in! No change there
Old 7 Nov 2000, 15:45 (Ref:47175)   #30
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Either it was a big round, or the barman ripped him off then...

Pete, maybe there's a reason for Liz not meeting up with you...
Old 7 Nov 2000, 15:49 (Ref:47177)   #31
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You maen apart from geography?
Old 7 Nov 2000, 20:20 (Ref:47235)   #32
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey - nice to see that I am mentioned at long last! Was starting to think that people had fogotten me
Old 7 Nov 2000, 20:45 (Ref:47240)   #33
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I don't think anyone who's met you would ever forget you Woody!

The reason I never mentioned you is that I first met you last season when you came up and introduced yourself at Oulton Park...
Old 8 Nov 2000, 04:39 (Ref:47297)   #34
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr. Mallett, if you stay in the Netherlands I may meet you yet.

I forgot to mention that Andy of Speed-Way has promised to come over and visit me in the Great White North this winter. It sounds as if our weather will be better than that in Britain this year.

Old 8 Nov 2000, 12:15 (Ref:47350)   #35
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
As he's from Yorkshire, he'll be used to the cold...
Old 8 Nov 2000, 22:09 (Ref:47425)   #36
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Awwww, Woody. Doesn't anybody love you any more? I do!
Old 8 Nov 2000, 22:30 (Ref:47437)   #37
SNH
Racer

England
Staffordshire, England
SNH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had a brief meeting with some of the 10/10th people at Oulton Pk CSCC meeting a few months ago. Sorry I had to dash. I know yelwoci & Mr P Mallett from the CSCC as well
Old 17 Nov 2000, 11:49 (Ref:48744)   #38
yelwoci
Racer

United Kingdom
London
yelwoci should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Steve,
I thought I'd been forgotten for a moment.

{Snivel}

:-)
IanC
Old 17 Nov 2000, 12:32 (Ref:48751)   #39
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How could we forget you, Mr ... err .... errr ...

This vision of a blissed-out Yelwoci being vigorously massaged in his van is one that will stay with me for ever
Old 30 Nov 2000, 18:39 (Ref:50505)   #40
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Blimey, you don't post for a week or two and EVERYONE forgets you *snivel* well not quite everyone. .

I won't mention much about the Donington meeting of Craig, Carrie, Danielsun, LORNA and Invader...

And yes, you did get to see the irrepressible Tourist...

*aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!*