Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 8 Nov 2000, 12:03 (Ref:47343)   #1
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Come one come all to the greatest race in all the land.

I'm going, who else shall be there and obviously, when will we all meet?
Old 8 Nov 2000, 12:10 (Ref:47347)   #2
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I'll be there in spirit!! Next year for the real thing, perhaps ?

Mind you, I have lots of other plans which may mean there's no money left in the kitty at the end of another long season's racing... Why can't tbey put it at the start of the season like they do with Daytona ?!
Old 8 Nov 2000, 15:54 (Ref:47376)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
sadly I wont be attending bathurst this year either but maybe next year.

funny you should mention a date change Craig as it is a bit of a debate over here at the moment and next year it will be reverting to its original october date so thats a little earlier for ya

also i have posted a couple of sites all about the V8 series and the bathurst 1000 in the cool sites section ..so go check em out
Old 8 Nov 2000, 16:05 (Ref:47379)   #4
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Not really a huge amount of help that I was thinking more of the start of the season... before i'd spent all my money on Le Mans, the Belgian GP, BTCC at Mondello and Knockhill, etc, etc...

Having said that, isn't Surfer's Indy in October too ?
Old 8 Nov 2000, 22:23 (Ref:47431)   #5
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As fantastic as Bathurst is, you've still gotta love Indy. It kind of redines all meanings of having a good time. Saying that, Bathurst is Bathurst, nothing beats it.

I can't make it this year, my last uni exam is on thursday morning, so it gets a big . Actually, if both Indy and Bathurst are on in October, why not come down for both
Old 8 Nov 2000, 22:27 (Ref:47434)   #6
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Precisely what I was thinking, Mr Test.

Danielsun has volunteered to put us up for the duration... at least he will be volunteering...
Old 8 Nov 2000, 22:31 (Ref:47438)   #7
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well...I do happen to live in the next suburb to Mr Sun, and we do have a pair of working couches...
Old 9 Nov 2000, 00:25 (Ref:47474)   #8
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
and a brand new Merc
Old 9 Nov 2000, 01:59 (Ref:47486)   #9
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Hehe, I hope we can scrounge together enough money, because I'd have to say the A-class would be a wee bit too small for the Bathurst road trip...heck, why would you take a Merc to Bathurst? It would only get charred...
Old 9 Nov 2000, 20:08 (Ref:47654)   #10
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Doesn't look like you're getting many people interested in Bathurst Elephino. Will us Brits all be trying to follow the race on the webcam again Just do me a favour and make sure you cheer for a certain Mr Cleland on my behalf
Old 10 Nov 2000, 14:18 (Ref:47812)   #11
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
i remember last year chatting away trying to explain to invader what was going on getting drunker by the minute..that was fun ..then yas all up and went to bed..damm time zones

not sure if John Cleland will even get a ride considering who his team mate is Rodney "I can crash with the best of em" forbes but JC will definately get a cheer from me if he does one of his infamous TV interviews
Old 10 Nov 2000, 23:53 (Ref:47905)   #12
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
How about the Cleland/Warwick interview from Bathurst 98? Absolutely brilliant!

"I've always wanted to win Bathurst since I was a wee small boy...when I watched Derek on the television."
Old 11 Nov 2000, 12:14 (Ref:47955)   #13
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A distinct lack to 10/10 people this year...but next year is looking excellent.

I shall shout 'CLELAND' at Cleland and 'MULLER' at Muller.
Old 12 Nov 2000, 11:08 (Ref:48033)   #14
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's unlikely that I will be at a V8 Bathurst 1000 anytime soon. If the March event goes ahead however, count me in.

Craig, I live 15 mins from Crash Test, I don't have a spare couch, but i do have a comfortable guest room. I have previously invited all British 10/10ers, well nearly all, to stay here while in Brisbane.

I drove through Surfer's today on part of the Indy circuit and was amazed by two things, firstly a fair bit of infrastructure is still there! Stands, kerbs, line markings, pit buildings etc. Secondly I was amzaed how different it looks as a public road instead of a racetrack, I actually had to get my bearings and work out what part of the track I was on, yet a month ago it was all so familiar. Craig, Indy is so much more than a race, the race is a bit of an aside to the biggest street party you'll ever see.
Old 12 Nov 2000, 11:22 (Ref:48034)   #15
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
You'd be surprised how much stuff they leave behind. I've walked around the place many times in non-racetrack configuration, and the place is as daggy as. It's fairly amazing how they can polish it up for race weekend...
Old 12 Nov 2000, 11:55 (Ref:48037)   #16
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I had a car load of people from Sydney and Melbourne, they were pretty unimpressed by the place and thought it was a bit of a dump.
Old 12 Nov 2000, 12:15 (Ref:48040)   #17
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If we are nominating shouts and yells - please do one from me to Jason Plato....
Old 12 Nov 2000, 12:30 (Ref:48042)   #18
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
strange how different people have different views on things ..on my recent holiday to the gold coast both myself and my misses fell in love with the place and are hoping to raise the funds to move to the heart of surfers in the next few years.
horses for courses i guess
Old 12 Nov 2000, 12:49 (Ref:48044)   #19
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Oh of course I would love to live on the coast. It's just that the race track itself is a little daggy...I'm not sure if it is or not, it's just a few pics i've got in my head
Old 14 Nov 2000, 10:40 (Ref:48273)   #20
elephino
Veteran

Will yell at Plato as well. And might as well complete the foreign set and yell at Menu and Neal as well.
Old 14 Nov 2000, 21:37 (Ref:48366)   #21
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by elephino
And might as well complete the foreign set and yell at Menu and Neal as well.
Elephino, you have just gone down a long way in my estimation with that last comment!

Old 20 Nov 2000, 11:34 (Ref:49135)   #22
elephino
Veteran

Well I didn't actually yell at any of them..didn't have the time as I was cursing my camera and the rain and the mud and etc etc etc.

I did get my photo taken with Muller though and I'll post it here as soon as I am able.

And Matt Neal made was a goose.