Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 6 Jan 2007, 13:39 (Ref:1808176)   #26
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
Non!
Non is French so the buyer is French? I don't think Henri buys his own tub so I think only 1 team is left: Swiss Spirit.
Old 6 Jan 2007, 13:41 (Ref:1808178)   #27
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
Non is French so the buyer is French? I don't think Henri buys his own tub so I think only 1 team is left: Swiss Spirit.
Are they (French)?
Old 6 Jan 2007, 13:43 (Ref:1808180)   #28
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Are they (French)?
Saulnier Racing is French
Old 6 Jan 2007, 13:45 (Ref:1808183)   #29
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
Saulnier Racing is French
It is indeed!
Old 6 Jan 2007, 14:01 (Ref:1808192)   #30
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
I said in the 'Zytek' thread that I had my suspicions of who the buyer was. I can tell you that I now know that I was completely wrong. In this case, I have a little more to go on, but I still don't know for sure. My use of the word 'non' could equally have related to the french Pescarolo connection, couldn't it?

I do enjoy a bit of speculation on the forum. I know some members prefer to just wait for the announcements before commenting, but personally, I prefer to give the big announcements a bit of a build up. The Rollcentre and Zytek threads are both testimony to the interest we all have, and the need many of us feel to speculate and discuss.
Old 8 Jan 2007, 10:05 (Ref:1809398)   #31
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
There's a long (and very interesting) interview with Michel Lecomte on Endurance-Info.com.

When asked about the fate of their (Barazi-Epsilon) Le Mans Series 2006 LMP2 championship winning Courage C65 he revealed that it will remain in the Le Mans series but in the hands of a new team. The car will be brought up to full new regs specification.

Assuming that this is what transpires, this must surely refer to the 'mystery buyer' of the sixth Pescarolo tub. My only nagging doubt is that I'm sure Henri backtracked on the original announcement that C65's could be 'Pescaroloised' to full regs, in a recent interview.
Old 8 Jan 2007, 10:15 (Ref:1809407)   #32
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I do enjoy a bit of speculation on the forum. I know some members prefer to just wait for the announcements before commenting, but personally, I prefer to give the big announcements a bit of a build up. The Rollcentre and Zytek threads are both testimony to the interest we all have, and the need many of us feel to speculate and discuss.
its half the fun isn't it. I wonder what aero adventures Lister will have

Also does anyone know who actualy makes the pesca tubs?
Old 8 Jan 2007, 10:23 (Ref:1809412)   #33
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
I wonder what aero adventures Lister will have
There will be no adventures this time, they're buying Pescarolo bodywork!

(Which doesn't mean there won't be adventures of a different nature under the skin......)

Last edited by Bentley03; 8 Jan 2007 at 10:28. Reason: Just to add.....
Old 8 Jan 2007, 10:37 (Ref:1809422)   #34
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
do you think Lister will use a new Judd 5.5 V10?....... or slot their own V8 in the back?.......as in the current lister car.........from what I hear - I think its quite down on power compared to the Judds? .......but I dare say its a much more cost effective engine as they develop and maintain it in-house.........does anyone have capacity, torque and power figures for the Lister V8? - from memory its a cross-plane crankshaft, with pushrod two-valves per cylinder layout - from a mustang or something?........
Old 8 Jan 2007, 10:42 (Ref:1809425)   #35
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty
do you think Lister will use a new Judd 5.5 V10?....... or slot their own V8 in the back?
No official announcement has been made with regard to the choice of engine as far as I'm aware.
Old 8 Jan 2007, 17:14 (Ref:1809752)   #36
vorsprung
Veteran

vorsprung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
do you think Lister will use a new Judd 5.5 V10?....... or slot their own V8 in the back?.......as in the current lister car.........from what I hear - I think its quite down on power compared to the Judds? .......but I dare say its a much more cost effective engine as they develop and maintain it in-house.........does anyone have capacity, torque and power figures for the Lister V8? - from memory its a cross-plane crankshaft, with pushrod two-valves per cylinder layout - from a mustang or something?........
Lister LMP engine was based on a Chevy LS.
Old 8 Jan 2007, 18:18 (Ref:1809815)   #37
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent (The Potteries)
Flat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFlat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Which is a shame, I liked the style of the newest Lister LMP and it's always good to see variety. If it had a decent engine in I still think it could've been fairly competitive.
Old 8 Jan 2007, 19:19 (Ref:1809844)   #38
Hammerdown
Racer

United Kingdom
Clevedon, UK
Hammerdown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to the LeMans 24 Official website its a 6 litre 90° V8 LS1 Chevy, 725 Nm torque @ 5200rpm and 570hp @ 6200, 2-valve haed, single central cam. Probably a fairly weighty bit of kit. Good torque.
Old 9 Jan 2007, 11:26 (Ref:1810306)   #39
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
if those are the power figures - and I believe them - I think lawrence Pearce is missing a big trick with that engine .......like a 50bhp trick.......when Panoz ran a near identical specification they were well over 600 bhp, about 620 if I rember correctly, someone on this forum was involved with the panoz race team and had dyno figures for the "old nail" compared to the new g-force/zytec package........

if I had to put money on it I dare say lister fell into the bigger is better trap and have inlet trumpets and exhaust manifolds that are way too big in diameter........have seen it happen many a time in professional motorsport.......just because its a 2v head does not mean its limited on flow.......with the advances in swirl know how, I'm quite confident they have the basis of a good motor.......

Last edited by paul-collins; 9 Jan 2007 at 13:40.
Old 9 Jan 2007, 11:35 (Ref:1810309)   #40
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Someone on the Pistonheads forum has an ex-Lister Chevy V8, it's a C5R block destroked down to 6.0 capacity. The chap in question is going to drop it into a TVR.
Old 9 Jan 2007, 11:37 (Ref:1810310)   #41
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Why not try and get their hands on a Katech C6R engine ?
Old 9 Jan 2007, 12:19 (Ref:1810332)   #42
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus
Someone on the Pistonheads forum has an ex-Lister Chevy V8, it's a C5R block destroked down to 6.0 capacity. The chap in question is going to drop it into a TVR.
no wonder its not producing the beans, de-stroking a motor is the worst thing you can do in terms of compression ratio - I bet they needed to run a massive piston intruder in order to get a sensible compression ratio for the race motor........piston intruders kill power - even Keith Duckworth knew this when he penned the DFV back in 1966........anyway - back on topic - am keen to see pics of the new pescarolo tub
Old 9 Jan 2007, 12:42 (Ref:1810345)   #43
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Apologies for remaining off-topic, but the link from the PH forum about the Lister engine :-
http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...5945&f=155&h=0
Old 9 Jan 2007, 13:13 (Ref:1810371)   #44
Hammerdown
Racer

United Kingdom
Clevedon, UK
Hammerdown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Why not try and get their hands on a Katech C6R engine ?
Isn't the P1 limit 6 litres?
Old 9 Jan 2007, 13:39 (Ref:1810393)   #45
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
thanks truckosaurus - interesting article - all is clear now......60mm throttle bodies ......silly boys.....as I suspected - they fell into the bigger is better trap......the inlet port velocity will be way too slow with a throttle that massive.........they need to be drastically smaller than that, like between 42 and 45mm - and be straight too, and aimed at the back of the valve head - not those horrid Kinsler bent things, must be a constant section shape too, they have gone from a round valve to a square flange face to round butterflys......the intake runner should be the same cross sectional shape all the way through - like ROUND!

the bore to stroke ratio is not particularly clever either........the bore is way too big - better suited for a high revving application, than the low revving endurance engine thats its supposed to be - they should have kept the bore and stroke about square........its way too over square with a 3.41" stroke and the 4"+ bore........

although it produces lots of torque - it should be producing more.........looks like it was designed on the back of a fag packet by a mechanic - deffo not a race engine design engineer effort.
Old 9 Jan 2007, 19:52 (Ref:1810660)   #46
Rollcentre
Rookie

Rollcentre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like Knighty may be somebody I have given money to recently.....and if so, you do indeed know your beans on this subject Sir. Nuff respect!
Old 9 Jan 2007, 20:11 (Ref:1810674)   #47
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
The only problem when you want to downsize an engine's capacity is that you can't really debore it as far as I know. That has to be done when the block is first bored. The only way that you can debore a block is if you recast it. If anyone knows anyother method, please let me know.

Basically, the stroke determines compresstion ratio and for sure torque. The old Bentley 4.5s had prodigous torque, even before the superchargers were bolted on. And the incresed capacities seen in the Judd V10s(from 4, to 5, and now 5.5 liters) is probably mostly stroke increases.
Old 9 Jan 2007, 20:50 (Ref:1810712)   #48
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Can you not fit sleeves?
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 9 Jan 2007, 20:58 (Ref:1810718)   #49
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

(Which doesn't mean there won't be adventures of a different nature under the skin......)

JAG V12!

Well maybe not but it'd sound cool. and has plenty of torque
Old 9 Jan 2007, 21:05 (Ref:1810720)   #50
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
I would like to see the Cosworth engine in the Lister. In my memory Cosworth is still a bit Ford...so close to Jaguar. Other reason: It's time a LMP1 team starts using this turbo engine because I am very curious about the performance.