Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 6 Feb 2011, 23:08 (Ref:2826965)   #26
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Cometh the hour...

Old 6 Feb 2011, 23:15 (Ref:2826969)   #27
thunderbolt
Veteran

thunderbolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
did anybody see this coming ? with all the reserve drivers ?
http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...694&sec=sports
Malaysia’s Fairuz returns to F1 as Lotus-Renault reserve driver
Old 6 Feb 2011, 23:17 (Ref:2826971)   #28
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Cometh the hour...

YES
Old 6 Feb 2011, 23:17 (Ref:2826973)   #29
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbolt View Post
did anybody see this coming ? with all the reserve drivers ?
http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...694&sec=sports
Malaysia’s Fairuz returns to F1 as Lotus-Renault reserve driver
I think I can say with some confidence that Renault's decision to take on so many test drivers had nothing to do with a premonition of Kubica's injury. I'm willing to bet that none of them will be in the car at Bahrain.
Old 6 Feb 2011, 23:22 (Ref:2826979)   #30
SimonY
Rookie

SimonY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heidfeld is the only sensible option, I don't think anyone you might be able to poach from the other teams would be better, Webber included.

You don't want a combination of Senna and Petrov if you have aspirations of being a race winning team.
Old 6 Feb 2011, 23:27 (Ref:2826985)   #31
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mansell is on Group Lotus's payroll.

And he hasn't announced his retirement yet.
Old 6 Feb 2011, 23:38 (Ref:2826988)   #32
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
PDLR isn't doing much right now.

But, and I've already said it, the image of a yellow helmeted driver sitting inside of a black and gold Lotus with the word 'Senna' written on the side, will be too much to resist for the 'marketing man' of Group Lotus.
Old 6 Feb 2011, 23:39 (Ref:2826989)   #33
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Can I not care for both?
Quote:
Originally Posted by schead View Post
This thread is exactly about Renault. If you want to give sympathy to Kubica, go to http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126746

This thread is about who Renault will choose to replace their lead driver. Nothing to do with Kubica sympathy.
Of course... but it all feels kinda ghoulish at the minute...

Webber to Renault is the best option for Renault..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 6 Feb 2011, 23:40 (Ref:2826990)   #34
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wow... I can only see Senna replacing him.

It's too early, but it seems that they will be needing a more experienced driver. Heidfeld ? uhn... bland. From another team ? I doubt it.
Old 6 Feb 2011, 23:44 (Ref:2826993)   #35
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"Seat at Renault you say?"

Old 6 Feb 2011, 23:45 (Ref:2826994)   #36
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Somehow, I can't see any driver from either Ferrari, McLaren or Red Bull, heading off to Renault at this late stage.
Old 6 Feb 2011, 23:48 (Ref:2826996)   #37
RF_Racer
Veteran

RF_Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heidfeld is the best choice, has beaten Kubica in the past and they were very close on pace at BMW. JV would be a good option too.
Old 6 Feb 2011, 23:51 (Ref:2826999)   #38
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Wow... I can only see Senna replacing him.
It's been a long time since I heard something like that!

Some say that he is as fast as his uncle was.......haven't seen much evidence yet.
Old 6 Feb 2011, 23:53 (Ref:2827000)   #39
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by RF_Racer View Post
Heidfeld is the best choice, has beaten Kubica in the past and they were very close on pace at BMW.
Yes. I guess we've all kind of forgotten that.

Who is it that Renault actually 'need' in the car?

A. A big name

B. Another Rookie

C. A well seasoned journeyman

D. Mark Webber (but see C)
Old 6 Feb 2011, 23:54 (Ref:2827001)   #40
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Of course... but it all feels kinda ghoulish at the minute...
Oh you poor delicate flower...

Bobby K would be ashamed.
Old 6 Feb 2011, 23:55 (Ref:2827002)   #41
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by RF_Racer View Post
JV would be a good option too.
I don't think Jos Verstappen is considering a comeback !
Old 7 Feb 2011, 00:00 (Ref:2827004)   #42
AUSRSR
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
AUSRSR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like to see Bruno in the car to see what he can really do..

If not, Mika Hakkinen! If the Schu can come back, then get this guy back to top it off!
Old 7 Feb 2011, 00:04 (Ref:2827005)   #43
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
It had to happen! Mika isn't coming back. Nor is Jacques, Jos or Johnny, Kimi, Nigel or Nelson.
Old 7 Feb 2011, 00:21 (Ref:2827008)   #44
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Now we all can go back to earth...
Old 7 Feb 2011, 00:32 (Ref:2827013)   #45
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
TBH, it's difficult to be objective about this, since there appears to be no adequate replacement.
Old 7 Feb 2011, 00:41 (Ref:2827016)   #46
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would love to see Hulkenberg, won't happen though. Senna had a poor car so it's hard to judge him. Petrov just has to up his game and Senna has to call on the spirits of his ancestors
Old 7 Feb 2011, 01:01 (Ref:2827017)   #47
AUSRSR
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Heidfeld seems likely..
Old 7 Feb 2011, 01:06 (Ref:2827019)   #48
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If I were in charge of Renault, I would be getting PDLR in for the next test session. He's a great development driver and doing this will give them a little extra time to find another driver for the season ahead.

I'd like to see them run Senna up against Petrov in testing to see if Senna is as good as, if not better, than him. If Senna is up to the mark then they should give him the shot since they already have him signed.

If it isn't Senna then they would be better to go with a young charger like Hulkenburg. There is a chance that Robert's injuries could be career ending so they should take the chance to sign someone up who could replace him long term. If Robert does return next year, then Hulkenburg would make a great number 2 and would have this year to show his wears which would help provide him with funding for the next years.
Old 7 Feb 2011, 01:29 (Ref:2827022)   #49
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
If Webber is still privately hacked off with Red Bull, it could yet be Webber to Renault and Kimi to Red Bull, where he would love the Newey car. Don't forget he has or certainly had a connection with them.

If not and Renault want a star name in the car, then maybe Kimi and Bouilier will patch up their differences. After today Kimi may think he would safer in F1 than in rallying.

Otherwise, if they want a star name for the future, Hulkenberg.

If they want a star name from the past and to milk the connection of a yellow helmet in their black and gold car, then Senna it is.
Old 7 Feb 2011, 02:03 (Ref:2827023)   #50
AUSRSR
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
If Webber is still privately hacked off with Red Bull, it could yet be Webber to Renault and Kimi to Red Bull, where he would love the Newey car. Don't forget he has or certainly had a connection with them.

If not and Renault want a star name in the car, then maybe Kimi and Bouilier will patch up their differences. After today Kimi may think he would safer in F1 than in rallying.

Otherwise, if they want a star name for the future, Hulkenberg.

If they want a star name from the past and to milk the connection of a yellow helmet in their black and gold car, then Senna it is.
Senna seems the most likely out of these situations. Seems hard to phathom drivers will simply move considering most contracts are now in place...Depends how long Kubica is out for I guess.

Doubt Webber would be silly enough to give up on RBR like that..