Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Mar 2011, 19:01 (Ref:2840262)   #51
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Infinity was always a goofy name any way. Nissan could have revived. DATSUN and started ugh the z cars and nissans going fancy...but let's do infinity..
Nissan is the racer of the family come on
Old 5 Mar 2011, 10:06 (Ref:2840493)   #52
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy666 View Post
Or full electric hybrids where the race will be held in two halves so the cars can be charged for 12 hours overnight !!
Old 5 Mar 2011, 16:55 (Ref:2840670)   #53
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gttouring View Post
Infinity was always a goofy name any way. Nissan could have revived. DATSUN and started ugh the z cars and nissans going fancy...but let's do infinity..
Wasn't one of the possible outcomes after Crashgate that Renault would turn the team over to Nissan?
Old 5 Mar 2011, 17:13 (Ref:2840675)   #54
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster View Post
Wasn't one of the possible outcomes after Crashgate that Renault would turn the team over to Nissan?
Definitely! No one would notice another Japanese car maker leaving the sport as being anything other than par for the course.
Old 6 Mar 2011, 10:08 (Ref:2840949)   #55
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gttouring View Post
Would that be Nissan or as the US would have us believe, Kneesahn?
As for reviving the Datsun name to back an upmarket brand and market position car.... Datsun and upmarket do not belong in the same sentence.

Mind you Datsun did bring us Big Sam, one of the more awesome Mod Sports cars of the early 1970's in the hands on Win Percy.
Old 6 Mar 2011, 10:51 (Ref:2840956)   #56
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Stick with me for a minute.. couldnt you just envision the Red Bull brand, logos and an Adrian Newey designed hubcap on this little beauty...

Datsuns Rule O.K.!!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 6 Mar 2011, 16:35 (Ref:2841068)   #57
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Well, if they had a transmission blow up it would give the commentators a chance to use the old "It's raining Datsun cogs" line...
Old 6 Mar 2011, 17:15 (Ref:2841077)   #58
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
@Viva, I am now stuck between your Incognito sig line and the raining Datsun cogs as to which is better / worse.

They are both rather clever!
Old 7 Mar 2011, 09:47 (Ref:2841374)   #59
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Well, it's the place to be if you're in the back of a Red Bull car.

Probably not, but reliability wasn't the Renault's strongest point.

I can't see Nissan building its own chassis. And it's hard to see Toyota or Honda etc, coming back to a series dominated by a few people that are very good at aerodynamics.

Maybe someone can put a badge on a Merc, Renault, Ferrari or Cosworth engine. But would they actually build their own?
Who's to say the Japanese like Honda and Toyota aren't good at Aero? I guess you forgot about the Brawn car (honda). Or the Double Diffuser (Honda/Toyota/SuperAguri)? Toyota have the facilities. The TF109 wasn't a bad car, 3rd fastest car in 09 at least, and the TF110 was supposed to be 20% better in terms of D/F. I just think they stepped out too soon. Both Honda and Toyota. The point is, if Infinity is a sponsor, they won't be there for show for long. Not if they are to step in if Renault are to step out. Even if they do the engines in the future, it's better than nothing. And if they're there, why not have the other major Japanese players? It'd be better than having HRT's and Virgin's running at 4 seconds off pace.
Old 7 Mar 2011, 10:33 (Ref:2841391)   #60
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Who's to say the Japanese like Honda and Toyota aren't good at Aero? I guess you forgot about the Brawn car (honda). Or the Double Diffuser (Honda/Toyota/SuperAguri)? Toyota have the facilities. The TF109 wasn't a bad car, 3rd fastest car in 09 at least, and the TF110 was supposed to be 20% better in terms of D/F. I just think they stepped out too soon. Both Honda and Toyota. The point is, if Infinity is a sponsor, they won't be there for show for long. Not if they are to step in if Renault are to step out. Even if they do the engines in the future, it's better than nothing. And if they're there, why not have the other major Japanese players? It'd be better than having HRT's and Virgin's running at 4 seconds off pace.
It's not what they do it's the way that they do it.

If you know you have a good car, then why do you leave at that particular point? Is there other business to attend to?

And I would rather have enthusiastic cash-strapped back-markers than dithering multinational corporations, any day of the week.