Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 1 Mar 2011, 17:36 (Ref:2838563)   #1
f1toy
Racer

f1toy is a back marker
Bernie's wet dream

he wants to flood the track beggining on a designated lap.

better yet: why not set the rain-bird to random?

and he think tgf can win again.

charlie sheen will win an oscar befor tgf wins another f1 race.
Old 1 Mar 2011, 18:31 (Ref:2838600)   #2
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Okidoki!
Old 1 Mar 2011, 19:58 (Ref:2838644)   #3
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I actually think it's a ploy to make the Pirelli's last a few laps longer and add another two pits tops to 5 already planned...
Old 1 Mar 2011, 21:16 (Ref:2838689)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Flood the track? Literally?

Seems a bit drastic.
Old 2 Mar 2011, 00:14 (Ref:2838786)   #5
cmotd
Racer

Australia
cmotd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
even when he was young and virile i don't think a wet dream of bernie's would have been capable of flooding an entire GP circuit. one corner piece of a scalextric track maybe...
Old 2 Mar 2011, 08:02 (Ref:2838908)   #6
Rgms320
Racer

United States
Seattle
Rgms320 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Funny stuff.

How often have we said the same thing, with our tongues firmly planted in our cheeks? (Don't believe me? Check almost any "rate the race" thread.) Now Bernie's actually proposing it.

Or is he? Anyone see any video of his statement? Where was his tongue?
Old 2 Mar 2011, 08:38 (Ref:2838924)   #7
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Flood the track? Literally?

Seems a bit drastic.
F1 cars will need to be leak proof...and perhaps some sort of propeller attachment to the gearbox?
Old 2 Mar 2011, 09:04 (Ref:2838938)   #8
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Hmmm
An RB6 would have gone nowhere but downstream in the Brisbane floods.....
Its a bit dangerous to flood the track.

In the Middle East they would probably have to use desalinated sea water.... and thats a lot of water...

Ah well.
If they go ahead it'll probably resolve one of the issues of global warming...
...rising ocean levels....
Bernie to the rescue.....F1 saves the world...(again)....
Old 2 Mar 2011, 09:36 (Ref:2838952)   #9
Rgms320
Racer

United States
Seattle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
F1 cars will need to be leak proof...and perhaps some sort of propeller attachment to the gearbox?
Top speeds:

. Dry track: 300 kph
. Wet track: 8 knots

Old 2 Mar 2011, 09:50 (Ref:2838960)   #10
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah great idea we all love watching 10-15 laps behind the safety car ! (Korea 2010)
Old 2 Mar 2011, 11:20 (Ref:2838991)   #11
AUSRSR
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
AUSRSR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bernie's going off the rails
Old 2 Mar 2011, 13:21 (Ref:2839047)   #12
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
OK, this idea now acts as conclusive proof that Bernie is a regular reader of Ten-Tenths.
He's obviously read Al Weymans thread about Snetterton (http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...33#post2838533 and put the two things together...
Old 2 Mar 2011, 21:43 (Ref:2839293)   #13
blaffer
Racer

Belgium
Antwerp
blaffer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Installing sprinkler systems to moisten the tracks might be rather expensive. Why not allowing Ferrari to spread olive oil through their exhausts?
Old 2 Mar 2011, 23:53 (Ref:2839382)   #14
cmotd
Racer

Australia
cmotd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgms320 View Post
Where was his tongue?
well last year it was between Vettel's pert little butt cheeks most of the time, not sure what he's been doing with it so far this season
Old 3 Mar 2011, 00:02 (Ref:2839388)   #15
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmotd View Post
well last year it was between Vettel's pert little butt cheeks most of the time, not sure what he's been doing with it so far this season
Ask the head bloke at Pirelli !
Old 3 Mar 2011, 07:50 (Ref:2839467)   #16
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
I feel duty bound to point out that this is davyboy's idea. Not Ecclestone's. Not Pirelli's. They're just jumping on the bandwagon - sue 'em davy!
Old 3 Mar 2011, 07:53 (Ref:2839468)   #17
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's actually John Watson's idea!

He came up with it many, many years ago and was publically ridiculed for it by pretty much everyone!

So, I am hoping Bernie might remember that seeing as though John drive for him and nearly won races for him when Bernie was just a baby!

What do you think? NOT
Definately Watty's idea though!
Old 3 Mar 2011, 08:13 (Ref:2839479)   #18
Rgms320
Racer

United States
Seattle
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmotd View Post
ROTFL!

I knew that asking "where was his tongue" might be dangerous, but I was hoping to slip one by you guys. I should have known better.
Old 3 Mar 2011, 08:38 (Ref:2839490)   #19
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Hey Bernie! Have you seen this!?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/89709
Old 3 Mar 2011, 08:43 (Ref:2839493)   #20
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not been able to log on the last couple of days due to IT issues, so just seen Bernie's latest idea on Autosport. What a pratt! Is he really being serious, this is the sport that usually runs behind the safety car when we get any rain and has certain drivers (no names mentioned) moaning that the race should be called off. I am glad to see all the comments on here are of a light hearted nature and treating his latest scheme with the humour it deserves.
Old 3 Mar 2011, 08:54 (Ref:2839495)   #21
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
How about this? After every ten laps, the driver running in last place gets shot. That'd certainly spice up The Show and crank up the TV ratings - which is what it's all about, isn't it?
Old 3 Mar 2011, 09:11 (Ref:2839501)   #22
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
How about this? After every ten laps, the driver running in last place gets shot. That'd certainly spice up The Show and crank up the TV ratings - which is what it's all about, isn't it?
That's probably a bit extreme....but it would free up the driver market a bit.

On the other hand, you don't want seasons like 2002 and 2004 were (remember Hungary 2004?! The 'Banana' GP). Some of the other seasons in the last decade weren't exactly what you would call 'entertaining' either.
Old 3 Mar 2011, 09:12 (Ref:2839502)   #23
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
Quote:
Would Ashley Cole have that job ?
Old 3 Mar 2011, 09:27 (Ref:2839509)   #24
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Bernard, get off the computer!!!!

Selby
Old 3 Mar 2011, 09:38 (Ref:2839517)   #25
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy666 View Post
Would Ashley Cole have that job ?
What's the difference between Ashley Cole and Raoul Moat? One went mad and shot someone after his Geordie missus left him, the other was a red-haired doorman.
Closed Thread