Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 12 Jan 2005, 11:15 (Ref:1198849)   #1
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
historic calenders

Now that they are starting to come together it seems that Top Hat have a meeting 1/2 May at Donington and then take part in the Pau meeting the following week....
The Silverstone Historic seems to have a consensus date or 10th June - this could be a humdinger of a meeting with several 1 hour races (Gp4, Top Hat)
Gp 4 are at Zolder the following week, does anyone know how I can find out which other races are there as it makes more sense to get 2 races in one w/e
Brands super Prix sadly clashes with Chimay Top Hat. For me I think Brands will win as the GP circuit is awesome but Chimay is a seriously good fun w/e
How do I find out the races for teh Nurburgring Oldtimers as Gp4 have a race and again I would like to enter more than one race...
Spa is 22 Sep - is it too early to start the annual Spa thread?!
Old 12 Jan 2005, 12:12 (Ref:1198892)   #2
David McKinney
Veteran

David McKinney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How do I find out the races for teh Nurburgring Oldtimers as Gp4 have a race and again I would like to enter more than one race...
http://www.avd.de/ogpracing/ogp/ogp_startseite.shtml

Last edited by David McKinney; 12 Jan 2005 at 12:14.
Old 12 Jan 2005, 13:02 (Ref:1198938)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Spa is 23/24/25. I'm booking the hotel this weekend.
Old 12 Jan 2005, 14:30 (Ref:1198991)   #4
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Its never too early to think about Spa . . .I was thinking about this years race in the 59th minute of last years race (sitting on the armco with a dead engine!)

think I might get the digs booked early, and head down on Thursday, it was seriously overcrowded last year

its a real shame the Brands superprix clashes with Chimay, but all things considered an hour long race and fine ale in Belgium beats a 30 minute dash and a day out near Dartford . . .a shame as I love Brands :-(
Old 12 Jan 2005, 16:13 (Ref:1199056)   #5
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
you are right - they are both excellant in their own way. The trouble is there is a finite budget and Brands is a cheaper w/e than Chimay (that said the last time I did that meeting I ended up having a complete engine rebuild!)
Old 12 Jan 2005, 17:51 (Ref:1199116)   #6
Peter Horsman
Racer

Peter Horsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sat Apr 23 is the VSCC S'stone meet, and Sun 24 Apr appears to be BRDC 50 S car race on Hist GP circuit? Must screw the car back together........

Does anyone know the May Spa date?
Old 12 Jan 2005, 19:02 (Ref:1199193)   #7
jamesl
Racer

jamesl has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
RMU Spa Classic is 29 April-1st May...do you ever get tired?
Old 13 Jan 2005, 08:07 (Ref:1199604)   #8
simon drabble
Veteran

Peter the VSCC meeting is normally on the Int circuit so are you sure BRDC race the next day is on the GP one? Is the BRDC race within the VSCC meeting as usual or is it a standalone 1 day meeting? If so I wonder what other races they are putting on....
Old 13 Jan 2005, 12:02 (Ref:1199774)   #9
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I agree re the budget Simon, but I seem to be getting away with France or Belgium as short holidays . . .whereas Brand or elsewhere in the UK is just a race!

Pau was off the budget scale though, and the FiA series is a distant dream, but Monza is on my wish list one day
Old 14 Jan 2005, 08:40 (Ref:1200625)   #10
Peter Horsman
Racer

It looks as though the present story is that the BRDC is on the Hist GP circuit, anyway. See BRDC PR dated 12 January.

Zafarelly, I really commend Pau if you can get to it. It's just driveable (10 hrs from Le Havre), and accommodation needn't be that expensive (see for example the article in last weekend's Mail).

And it's a real ball!!
Old 14 Jan 2005, 08:52 (Ref:1200634)   #11
simon drabble
Veteran

but dont go to the dinner which is a very long drawn out affair - with average food and no ability to smoke!
I had a look at their website and it seems that this is not a VSCC meeting but a standalone BRDC one, I wonder if there is a race for 60's sportsracers....
Old 14 Jan 2005, 10:00 (Ref:1200678)   #12
Peter Horsman
Racer

It's the Sat 23 Apr mtg which is the VSCC one, which is probably on the Club. The BRDC one apparently on the Hist GP circuit is the following day. I'm not at all sure whether either will have a 60's sportscar race which is a bit of a bore because there is some nice machinery out there.
Old 14 Jan 2005, 10:39 (Ref:1200706)   #13
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
aside the cost Pau is just a bit too much this year, for various reasons getting the time off is a problem, so Spa, Dijon and maybe CHimay will do (not bad I think for our 2nd ever year!)
Old 15 Jan 2005, 17:56 (Ref:1201632)   #14
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Spa, mmmm. I hope to do the Septemeber 6 hour meeting this year instead of the RMU Classic.

Silverstone, what will be racing there? I have missed a big Historic Silverstone meeting since Coys (or whoever) died a few years back.
Old 15 Jan 2005, 19:56 (Ref:1201695)   #15
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Spa is 23/24/25. I'm booking the hotel this weekend.
So Pete, get yourself leave and come back from Turkey in plenty of time to go to the Goodwood revival then Spa the following weekend. OK?
Old 16 Jan 2005, 06:28 (Ref:1202004)   #16
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The idea is to take a few weeks off because my contract finishes end of August.

I'm also hoping to get back for a few flying weekends between now and then. But if anything I expect to be on a beach in the sun early in September.

But plans can change.

Oh, and the hotel is booked!!!!

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 16 Jan 2005 at 06:28.
Old 17 Jan 2005, 07:35 (Ref:1202755)   #17
simon drabble
Veteran

Silverstoone Historic Festival details are not out yet but BRDC have asked HSCC to organise it, so expect probably most of their series and Group 4 and pre 65 sportracers with possibly Group C (all differenct races!!!)
It should be a fantastic meeting.
As for the BRDC one day race in April James Beckett is probably your man for the details! I am afraid that yr XJS might not get anything as its a tad modern. What are you hoping to run it in at Spa - Barry Sideways Race?
Old 22 Jan 2005, 08:16 (Ref:1206937)   #18
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
aside the cost Pau is just a bit too much this year, for various reasons getting the time off is a problem, so Spa, Dijon and maybe CHimay will do (not bad I think for our 2nd ever year!)
*whisper* I'm going to see if I can slip out of Turkey for the Chimay weekend too. Seems the 70's saloons have a race there.
Old 24 Jan 2005, 07:47 (Ref:1208360)   #19
Masser
Rookie

Masser should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was contemplating a trip to the Circuit des Ramparts in Angouleme which is held on the third weekend in September. I read in Motorsport in November (I think) that there was going to be a dedicated race for Maserati 250F's. Now that I see that the Goodwood Revival meeting is on the same week I am thinking if there will many cars at it. Does anyone know if the entries for Circuit des Ramparts would be effected by Goodwood or indeed have any details (the website www.circuit-des-remparts.org doesn't have much info)

Thanks
Old 24 Jan 2005, 19:56 (Ref:1208869)   #20
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
Slippy Diff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
but Monza is on my wish list one day
It was on mine for a long time too, but it has now had a tick next to it for some time You would not regret the long drive (which is quite fun and a nice trip through the mountains). The atmosphere at the circuit is something else. Get to the Coppa meeting if you can, bloody fantastic.
Old 24 Jan 2005, 20:14 (Ref:1208878)   #21
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The main race at the BRDC meeting on April 24 is the Jim Walsh Trophy for FF1600s.
Old 9 Feb 2005, 17:42 (Ref:1221133)   #22
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Right, So far I've entered Castle Combe.

Awaiting entry forms for Donington but Flights reserved, hotel booked and leave approved. Hopefully I can fit in a few CTCRC events too.
Old 11 Feb 2005, 12:33 (Ref:1222905)   #23
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
is that the groovy baby seriea at Easter Pete ? if so we'll see you there !

I'll be screwing my new engine together this weekend finally . . . .
Old 11 Feb 2005, 14:22 (Ref:1222978)   #24
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yep