Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 25 Jan 2018, 23:25 (Ref:3795141)   #101
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
The Riley is a bigger lmp3 in looks and performance it seems.
Old 26 Jan 2018, 00:50 (Ref:3795157)   #102
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
“So how are things working on the #77 Ralf?, Did you fix the problem?”

“Oh.....”
Old 26 Jan 2018, 01:05 (Ref:3795165)   #103
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvenom View Post

“Oh.....”

we have a saying here "better to prevent than to cure"
Old 26 Jan 2018, 01:30 (Ref:3795169)   #104
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

“Oh.....”
Yowzers.

I heard in reference to GTLM that they couldn't touch the cars after quali. 77 didn't qualify so they're obviously going to start at the rear but are they fracturing a rule?
Old 26 Jan 2018, 01:55 (Ref:3795173)   #105
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

“Oh.....”
Looks ready to go to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Yowzers.

I heard in reference to GTLM that they couldn't touch the cars after quali. 77 didn't qualify so they're obviously going to start at the rear but are they fracturing a rule?
No you can't touch your car if you are in the top 3 or one of the random spot check I think. But even after those checks you are allowed to do what you want. I mean you can change setup and things for the night practice and then the race.
Old 26 Jan 2018, 01:55 (Ref:3795174)   #106
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
I'm hearing that every Prototype that went on track but didn't manage at least a 1:37 -save for the ESM that crashed- may have had an electrical problem. Might just be teams making up excuses, but if true, that's a concerning matter.
Old 26 Jan 2018, 01:58 (Ref:3795175)   #107
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Anybody else hugely impressed with Vanderzander and Oward in qualifying??? I knew they were quick but that was mighty impressive. You see guys in PC and yes, they look good. But damn, right out of the box to be on point in the big cars. And Oward is only 18 years old. He is running Indy lights this season I believe, which will also be interesting to see how he stacks up.
Old 26 Jan 2018, 02:10 (Ref:3795177)   #108
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Anybody else hugely impressed with Vanderzander and Oward in qualifying??? I knew they were quick but that was mighty impressive. You see guys in PC and yes, they look good. But damn, right out of the box to be on point in the big cars. And Oward is only 18 years old. He is running Indy lights this season I believe, which will also be interesting to see how he stacks up.

Van der Zander is a great driver. I was reviewing Sebring 2017 this week, and when he was driving that crappy Riley he was running 3rd and 2nd and made a pass over the WTR Cadillac. Then we have the incredible pass at Laguna Seca. I really enjoy watching him driving a car.
Old 26 Jan 2018, 02:20 (Ref:3795178)   #109
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

“Oh.....”
The spiritual successor to every Lola, ever.

Sorry no linkage, but quali is up on YouTube.
Old 26 Jan 2018, 02:24 (Ref:3795179)   #110
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
IMSA Qualifying Replay is up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpaUJFVvh0I
Old 26 Jan 2018, 03:04 (Ref:3795184)   #111
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post

Thanks! I only got to listen live, so can't wait to watch it.
Old 26 Jan 2018, 08:47 (Ref:3795211)   #112
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
Looks good so far, but dont get too carried away, this is just a test session, and not qualifying.......looks to me that Penske have something in their back pocket that they havent shown yet.

the the restrictor reduction has slowed the Caddys perfectly by about 0.5 seconds, and the little boost and rpm leg-up for Mazda moved them forwards a few tenths too.

But Penske look suspicious to me........probably Nissan too......Hmm, only qualifying will tell the full situation.

COUGH!......so Penske were sandbagging in pre-qualifying practice.......But good on the IMSA officials, am I allowed to say they got the BOP adjustments spot-on correct, most of the field is within 1 second, thats quite an achievement.

Shame about the Nissans and the Mazda, but best have your nightmare in qualy, once the race gest started, I'm sure the caution periods will soon cancel out anything that happened in qualifying, should be a tight race though.
Old 26 Jan 2018, 09:05 (Ref:3795214)   #113
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post

Many thanks, couldn't get a live stream anywhere.
Old 26 Jan 2018, 09:10 (Ref:3795215)   #114
Turbodcc
Rookie

Turbodcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would agree, great job on the BOP. Glad the nissans got out in the end and the mazdas were fast. Looks like its going to be a great race! Its completely different levels of tech and hard make it right while keeping it the pinnacle of racing, but the F1 world could learn something from the DPi guys.
Old 26 Jan 2018, 12:41 (Ref:3795244)   #115
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Surprise Surprise, the engine in the #77 needed to be changed. Not even Joest can cover up the AER mess.
Old 26 Jan 2018, 12:49 (Ref:3795245)   #116
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
COUGH!......so Penske were sandbagging in pre-qualifying practice.......But good on the IMSA officials, am I allowed to say they got the BOP adjustments spot-on correct, most of the field is within 1 second, thats quite an achievement.

Shame about the Nissans and the Mazda, but best have your nightmare in qualy, once the race gest started, I'm sure the caution periods will soon cancel out anything that happened in qualifying, should be a tight race though.
Not surprised to see the Acuras bring fast, but was surprised to see the Nissan have issues. The Nissan had problems with reliability last season before they switched electronics packages, but after that they were fine. So hopefully they don't have issues during the race. The Mazda on the other hand..... I'm hoping they make half distance.
Old 26 Jan 2018, 13:00 (Ref:3795247)   #117
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Baldi View Post
There is nothing to do about the Riley/Multimatic. It's plain slow, the team received the last new parts before practice 1 and the drivers don't know the new P2 cars. So, it's not crazy to think that this car could be faster at the end of the race than we saw today. If they can run in 1.39 1.40 it will be a miracle.
I'm not convinced it's all on the car here.

Mazda's John Doonan has had a lot of praise for the improvements made by Multimatic, which tells me the chassis improvements are at least as significant as the aero and engine improvements. Remember that DPis all share the same underpinnings as the LMP2s - they're just some redone aero and a different engine.

Yes, engine and aero improvements could easily have a visible difference, but we're talking a FIVE SECOND GAP between the base car and the Mazda.

It's also a second slower than what SoD/VFR did in quali last year. Assuming the claims I've heard about widespread electrical issues are false, I'm thinking that at least half of that time is BAR1 coming to grips with the car.

Time will tell.
Old 26 Jan 2018, 13:09 (Ref:3795248)   #118
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Surprise Surprise, the engine in the #77 needed to be changed. Not even Joest can cover up the AER mess.
Not being an engine tuner, joest effort for that is basically nothing.
That engine revealed to be extremely unreliable for years.... almost 10 I guess, shame to who still trust AER.
Old 26 Jan 2018, 13:11 (Ref:3795249)   #119
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbodcc View Post
I would agree, great job on the BOP. Glad the nissans got out in the end and the mazdas were fast. Looks like its going to be a great race! Its completely different levels of tech and hard make it right while keeping it the pinnacle of racing, but the F1 world could learn something from the DPi guys.
Agree, acura and cadillacs are in the same performance range; oreca's are 3-4 tenths off, mazda as well.
I'm quite disappointed by ligier, they are still far from oreca.
Old 26 Jan 2018, 13:23 (Ref:3795251)   #120
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Given that AER are a supplier, and Mazda puts a badge on it, will they find themselves going the way of Speedsource?
Old 26 Jan 2018, 13:44 (Ref:3795253)   #121
kvenom
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Given that AER are a supplier, and Mazda puts a badge on it, will they find themselves going the way of Speedsource?
They are supplying the BR1 for WEC aren’t they?
Old 26 Jan 2018, 13:51 (Ref:3795256)   #122
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Many thanks, couldn't get a live stream anywhere.
Next time for quali and even perhaps for the race, try the radio Le Mans website. They had an IMSA stream there and I couldn't get anything outside of that. Also, deggis adds some good, legit links here usually so keep an eye out for that.
Old 26 Jan 2018, 14:21 (Ref:3795262)   #123
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Looks ready to go to me.
Done that to your 3 have you?

Quote:
No you can't touch your car if you are in the top 3 or one of the random spot check I think. But even after those checks you are allowed to do what you want. I mean you can change setup and things for the night practice and then the race.
OK, that makes sense. I was taken aback at the "can't touch".

Quote:
It's almost like they make it purposely obtuse. I only use the "competitors" section or their separate results site, because heaven forbid you would want a nice easy way to find and view results on the main site.
I'll have to try to go in that section. Otherwise, I've used my annual page visits up....
Old 26 Jan 2018, 14:29 (Ref:3795265)   #124
Turbodcc
Rookie

Turbodcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
They are supplying the BR1 for WEC aren’t they?
Yeah they are, without trying to change topic, that program has a lot of money and they have ART involved, with a mecachrome engine available and being French, you would assume they would have done their checks and be confident with the choice.

The other thing is with the Mazda, they had allowance all year long last year for engine power, so running more power than the caddies all season. Yet they were slower. That points completely to the car. Then we find out that they've addressed cooling for this season... maybe the engine was just always running in bad conditions. they have picked up a lot of pace this year.

Either way if they cant make it work this year they just need to switch engines, preferably bigger capacity.
Old 26 Jan 2018, 14:55 (Ref:3795270)   #125
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Last practice right now.

Alex Popow got a 1.42 for BAR1 and even reached 191 mph !

The Mazda cars still on the pits :|