Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 30 Jun 2023, 10:34 (Ref:4165926)   #1
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Touring car weekend at Brands

Amazed to see article in Autosport about a Historic Touring Car weekend at Brands this weekend. First I heard of it - cars coming from NZ and Australia! Anyone know where there is an entry list?
Old 30 Jun 2023, 10:36 (Ref:4165927)   #2
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Amazed to see article in Autosport about a Historic Touring Car weekend at Brands this weekend. First I heard of it - cars coming from NZ and Australia! Anyone know where there is an entry list?
Super Touring Power?

Entry list here and there’s loads of stuff up on Brands’ Twitter. Ash Sutton is demoing on Sunday too in the Focus and Jake Hill racing a Primera.

https://twitter.com/brands_hatch/sta...T11pmdgnSSDQzA
Old 30 Jun 2023, 11:26 (Ref:4165929)   #3
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Amazed to see article in Autosport about a Historic Touring Car weekend at Brands this weekend. First I heard of it - cars coming from NZ and Australia!
It was discussed (briefly) here - https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158112

Entry lists:
https://msvstatic.blob.core.windows....ry%20Lists.pdf

Legends:
https://msvstatic.blob.core.windows....us%20Faces.pdf
Old 30 Jun 2023, 11:56 (Ref:4165937)   #4
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
pity theres only two ex btcc super touring drivers that are actually racing
(radisich and reid)
Old 30 Jun 2023, 12:22 (Ref:4165941)   #5
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
(radisich and reid)
Don't forget Jason Hughes!
Old 30 Jun 2023, 12:34 (Ref:4165943)   #6
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
he didnt drive super touring
Old 30 Jun 2023, 13:49 (Ref:4165948)   #7
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
(radisich and reid)
Patrick Watts posted a video saying hes off to Brands with his Pug 405 on a trailer. Is he racing or just a static display?
Old 30 Jun 2023, 13:51 (Ref:4165949)   #8
touring fan01
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Patrick Watts posted a video saying hes off to Brands with his Pug 405 on a trailer. Is he racing or just a static display?
display
Old 30 Jun 2023, 14:01 (Ref:4165952)   #9
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
he didnt drive super touring
Some might say or anything else...
Old 30 Jun 2023, 14:05 (Ref:4165955)   #10
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
On a similar note, Jim Pocklington was also - briefly - a BTCC driver (albeit not in a Super Tourer).
Old 30 Jun 2023, 14:08 (Ref:4165956)   #11
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And Mark Jones
Old 30 Jun 2023, 14:50 (Ref:4165965)   #12
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
More importantly, there will be live coverage on the CTCRC TV Youtube page. They haven't posted the actual addresses yet, unfortunately.
Old 30 Jun 2023, 16:39 (Ref:4165980)   #13
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
(radisich and reid)
Steve Richards and Greg Murphy both drove STs in period, albeit not in BTCC.

If we are including non-ST BTCC drivers then I'm surprised no one has mentioned Jake Hill.

One change I know of to the entry list is that Allan Scott's Mazda 323 will be driven by James Kellett, who you may be familiar with from BTCC supports (Ginetta Supercup and Porsche Carrera cup)
Old 30 Jun 2023, 20:15 (Ref:4166006)   #14
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Steve Richards and Greg Murphy both drove STs in period, albeit not in BTCC.

If we are including non-ST BTCC drivers then I'm surprised no one has mentioned Jake Hill.

One change I know of to the entry list is that Allan Scott's Mazda 323 will be driven by James Kellett, who you may be familiar with from BTCC supports (Ginetta Supercup and Porsche Carrera cup)
To be fair Richards did a lot of testing for Nissan.
Old 1 Jul 2023, 17:24 (Ref:4166125)   #15
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looks like Jake Hill won both races today.
Old 1 Jul 2023, 18:05 (Ref:4166133)   #16
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's been all over social media for weeks. I've seen so much about it I was getting a bit fed up of it all as I couldn't go.
Old 2 Jul 2023, 18:31 (Ref:4166310)   #17
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Looks like Jake Hill won both races today.
…and the other two today as well!
Old 2 Jul 2023, 18:59 (Ref:4166313)   #18
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
…and the other two today as well!
This is ridiculous. The authorities really need to clamp down and prevent the results from being so predictable. About time Hill had some handicap applied....

Old 5 Jul 2023, 11:23 (Ref:4166806)   #19
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Went on Sunday.

I’ve been to a lot of CTCRC events amongst others and without a doubt, this was the best race meet I’ve ever been to. The racing on Sunday was on the good side of mediocre and I wish I’d gone on Saturday so I could have been somewhere on the big loop rather than in the same size crowd around the Indy circuit, but it was still a spectacle.

What really made it for me was the sheer number of cars both on display and being driven in anger. Paddock access was incredible as you’d expect and I got to see my hero car, the pre-Nescafé Laguna.

I very nearly didn’t go, I booked on a whim a couple of weeks ago as I was at Rally Day at Castle Combe on Saturday and Brands was ‘on the way home’ (if you include a significant detour).

Next year, I’ll be there on Saturday.