Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 8 Nov 2008, 16:18 (Ref:2330673)   #26
smokystove
Racer

United States
BERLIN, GERMANY
smokystove should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hi all, i'd posted this question already in a 'national b licence' thread before realizing that thread was ancient... apropos Goodwood, anyone happen to know if there's ARDS testing at Goodwood? There are trackdays and instruction organised by Mithril Racing, in particular i've been interested in the Classics trackday, but i can't seem to find any info concerning actual license testing. sorry if this is slightly off-topic, TorqueWench.

Last edited by smokystove; 8 Nov 2008 at 16:21.
Old 9 Nov 2008, 15:46 (Ref:2331061)   #27
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
smokystove, yes you can do your ards at Goodwood with Mithril. I did mine there a few years ago, certainly not the closest venue to where I live but they offered the earliest test days in the year. I actually took mine on a wintry january morning. Also, as I was starting out in historic racing it was I feel most appropriate.
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 12 Nov 2008, 09:18 (Ref:2333599)   #28
TorqueWench
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Berkshire
TorqueWench should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokystove
hi all, i'd posted this question already in a 'national b licence' thread before realizing that thread was ancient... apropos Goodwood, anyone happen to know if there's ARDS testing at Goodwood? There are trackdays and instruction organised by Mithril Racing, in particular i've been interested in the Classics trackday, but i can't seem to find any info concerning actual license testing. sorry if this is slightly off-topic, TorqueWench.
Hi Smokystove - if you are in Berlin, you could fly to Manchester or Liverpool and do your licence at Oulton - it's a fabulous track. Goodwood - as a racing circuit - is unavailable to about 99.9% even of classic car racers since there's one event per year, populated by celebrities (and, I hope, our F Junior next year after a long wait). Oulton, hiowever, is on everyone's calendar and is worth learning! Ray Grimes, a local instructor is worth getting in touch with for instruction there (or me!)

PM me if you want any further details, or my trackday booking form (hint hint)
Old 18 Nov 2008, 17:00 (Ref:2337078)   #29
TorqueWench
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Berkshire
TorqueWench should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Delta - are you coming?

Delta - are you coming next Tuesday still? I have a few single seaters now running in their own session