Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 27 May 2002, 13:30 (Ref:297516)   #26
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
the night

for ayse...
Old 27 May 2002, 13:34 (Ref:297518)   #27
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great pic Ker.

Excuse my cynicism but is the moon fake? The shot faces north and I didn't think the moon ever got there?

Accept my apologies in advance if it's genuine.

FG
Old 27 May 2002, 13:51 (Ref:297529)   #28
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
I love those LM postcards : great pic, really !

We should do something for the newbies, sort of "LM tour" around the track with pics like that...

Fab
Old 27 May 2002, 13:51 (Ref:297531)   #29
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
FG are you an astronomer? You are right the moon is never north when the observer is in the northeren hemisphere. It is quite low down too, which would suggest that it is rising (or setting) which would be approximately east (or west).

From my vague memory, the Mulsanne straight goes South from the city centre. So the start finish straight is pointing north.

I agree with FG1, it's fake. have you ever worked for NASA?

Great picture though!
Old 27 May 2002, 14:02 (Ref:297540)   #30
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!

Let's go for some pics ! This one is not nice - I've not the Ayse or Kdr talent, and a too small camera - but hope informative and suggestive...

FG, I'm sure you have nice ones from that point of view...
Old 27 May 2002, 14:19 (Ref:297547)   #31
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
fg1 and adam

deux points each...it is indeed a fake. although how we can wish it really looked like that!

those heady daze of 2000 again. pic was taken in the carpark inside the bugatti circuit by a work colleague as the moon was setting over towards the mulsanne(you say hunadieres fab?!)straight...double exposed with a shot of the grandstand straight.

would that be right? my geography is as good as my french!

by the way fab...how did you get your picture? looks like it was taken in the control tower thing(what is that building called!?!). every time i've tried to get in there i've failed...speaking french might help though!
Old 27 May 2002, 14:24 (Ref:297551)   #32
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
by the way fab...how did you get your picture? looks like it was taken in the control tower thing
No it's not ! And the real name is "le module sportif"...

Well, you have to guess... but it's very easy... and think I'm just a fan, with no pass of any nature...

Just for fun, another post card of 2002 PQ... FG, if I can remember, your children are Nighthawk livery fans...

Last edited by Fab; 27 May 2002 at 14:26.
Old 27 May 2002, 14:59 (Ref:297577)   #33
FG1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
FG are you an astronomer?
Well, many thanks for the compliment but no, I'm not an astronomer. I do have a reasonable sense of direction, that's about it!

But I'll take the deux points as they are always useful in the competition with the old bat!

FG
Old 27 May 2002, 15:10 (Ref:297590)   #34
FG1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Fab

No it's not ! And the real name is "le module sportif"...
Is it taken from the back of the stand above the pits?

BTW the only time I've even got into the control tower (Module Sportif) is during the Le Mans Open day last year. We got right into the control room, and even onto the podium. The ankle biters did a fair impression of race winners, jumping up and down and punching the air. Great fun!

FG
Old 29 May 2002, 15:09 (Ref:299534)   #35
bigh
Racer

bigh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ahh, the right thread...
Oooohhh, so much to choose from.
Thursday night in the tribunes watching the stragglers trying to post a good time is a personal fave. Of course this has to be preceded by several hours intake of barbeque smoke and 33's to get the atmosphere just right. Yes, just before the start when the cars come through the Porsche curves with headlights blazing is pretty special, unmatched anywhere for me. Meeting up with a lot of mates you only see once a year at the best race in the world starts it all off on the right foot.
Old 29 May 2002, 15:41 (Ref:299562)   #36
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by FG1
Is it taken from the back of the stand above the pits?
Still not ! The clue is that the image I posted is cutted... you can see only the up left part... does it help ?

And remember : everybody can take this picture during the PQ day or the qualifications days (not possible for everyone during the race day)...
Old 29 May 2002, 15:57 (Ref:299572)   #37
kdr
Veteran

fab

the winners rostrum?

surely not
Old 29 May 2002, 21:19 (Ref:299851)   #38
Chofar
Racer

Chofar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I vote for a coffee at 6:00-6:30 at the Arnage buvette which was (is?) the one of the Arnage Rugby team, which meant at a time bigger portions for cheaper prices. And this hour is the hour of real gearheads. Normally you should start a sleep in your sleeping bag near the track by 07:30 -08:00 till 09:00-09:30 (it depends of the rain and the car sounds...1989 was hard : mazdas and Astons!!!).
Won't be back this year and i must admit that despite my passion for all that legend, i hate those new fences and grillages.
Old 29 May 2002, 21:40 (Ref:299871)   #39
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome Chofar, you seem to know the best times to go. Maybe see you there in 2003. I would like to say you will miss a good race but I fear it will be an Audi race. Who knows in 2003.

Hope the 90 heat will be to much for Audi and just right for MG

Simon
Old 29 May 2002, 22:11 (Ref:299894)   #40
Chofar
Racer

Chofar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well it's also a sort of ...family choice
Old 30 May 2002, 12:42 (Ref:300332)   #41
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Chofar
Normally you should start a sleep in your sleeping bag near the track by 07:30 -08:00 till 09:00-09:30

Sleep? Wot, during the race?
Old 30 May 2002, 12:44 (Ref:300335)   #42
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Sleep? Wot, during the race?
This coming from nancy boy Ayse who retires to his 5 star hotel for a hot cocoa at bedtime!
Old 30 May 2002, 12:48 (Ref:300343)   #43
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does he drink Pimms as well
Old 30 May 2002, 13:04 (Ref:300358)   #44
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by AllonFS

This coming from nancy boy Ayse who retires to his 5 star hotel for a hot cocoa at bedtime!
Scurrilous stuff, Allon! As you well know, I haven't slept during the 24 hours for the last 12-13 years!! Eat and drink yes, but sleep absolutely not!!
Old 30 May 2002, 13:08 (Ref:300365)   #45
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Scurrilous stuff, Allon! As you well know, I haven't slept during the 24 hours for the last 12-13 years!! Eat and drink yes, but sleep absolutely not!!
I'll have to take your word for it. Now was it a beer or a Pimms you wanted?
Old 30 May 2002, 15:48 (Ref:300474)   #46
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
fab

the winners rostrum?

surely not
I confirm it's NOT !
Old 30 May 2002, 15:54 (Ref:300481)   #47
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
egor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fab is it taken from the walkway, from the steps in the paddock to the rear of the pit grandstand, the end nearest le module sportif?
Old 30 May 2002, 15:56 (Ref:300484)   #48
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
egor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or have you got a helicopter????????
Old 30 May 2002, 15:59 (Ref:300487)   #49
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...

Quote:
Originally posted by egor
Fab is it taken from the walkway, from the steps in the paddock to the rear of the pit grandstand, the end nearest le module sportif?
Mmmmmmm, still not, Egor ! Oh, I like this game !

And, as say my daughter, you're cold !

Any other competitor ? Sorry, nothing to win, just the pleasure to play ! +

FG, if you're not off to Le Grand Lucé, you should find... I gave the clue : you have, at my opinion, same pictures, but much, much better than that one...

And don't forget : this one is not whole (you see here just the up left part...).

Last edited by Fab; 30 May 2002 at 16:00.
Old 30 May 2002, 16:02 (Ref:300489)   #50
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...

Quote:
Originally posted by egor
Or have you got a helicopter????????
The only one I got is a portable small gadget fan my 2 years old daughter name a "licoter" (untranslatable...)

I have NOTHING ! Just a fan with my legs (and respecting what is allowed...)