Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 24 May 2002, 11:00 (Ref:294649)   #26
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Part of the 2nd group, advance party should arrive wed afternoon, I shall arrive Thursday morn.
Won't say what we will be driving in case we cut you up.........
Old 24 May 2002, 12:09 (Ref:294770)   #27
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by AllonFS

2. Where and when are we all going to meet up? Do we infiltrate the Club Arnage get together or plan our own, (Kpy's concession, Village Crepe stall)? At the very least I need to buy a beer or two for Ayse, so name the bar of your choice!
Cheers mate!

Seriously though, it would be great to meet up with you guys, but can we hold the suggestions for the moment. I think we need a "dedicated" thread on this subject.
Old 24 May 2002, 12:11 (Ref:294773)   #28
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Seriously though, it would be great to meet up with you guys, but can we hold the suggestions for the moment. I think we need a "dedicated" thread on this subject.
Well said I think we have plenty of time to plan that one
Old 24 May 2002, 12:37 (Ref:294824)   #29
The Brethren
Rookie

England
Greenhithe,Kent
The Brethren should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AllonFS

Where and when are we all going to meet up? Do we infiltrate the Club Arnage get together or plan our own, (Kpy's concession, Village Crepe stall)? At the very least I need to buy a beer or two for Ayse, so name the bar of your choice!
No reason why you can't do both, as I said the Club Arnage get together at the champagne bar at 21.00 ( weather permitting ie. last year !!). It's pretty easy to spot most people as they are always in team shirts. Up North Crew,Powermite, Griff, Doubtfire and all, T.W.A.T'S, Tres Hombres, Canada Phil, Smokie, Pie Eaters, TTALG, 2002 Lemons Mad Friday etc etc, oh yeah, us lot too.
ALL are very welcome !!

Rusty
Old 24 May 2002, 12:45 (Ref:294836)   #30
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Claire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will be there with 3 other "first timers" we fly out Friday morning and leave Monday morning. I am a little worried that we haven't had our tickets yet, has everyone else? We received confirmation at the beginning of May but nothing since.
Old 24 May 2002, 12:54 (Ref:294853)   #31
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Fly out! Cool!

We had ours the Friday before pre-qual, but in the past we have got them later than this. Including last year when they had "lost" our order! Nightmare!

Try emails/faxs and phone calls...
Old 24 May 2002, 12:59 (Ref:294867)   #32
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Adam, e-mails have gone but not been responded to yet, I think we may have to be brave and try calling, I hope their english is better than my french! The reason we are flying is cheap flights and hire car.
Old 24 May 2002, 13:14 (Ref:294890)   #33
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
In our experience emails don't get answered. Faxes normally did it for us.

But the phone is probably best. Here's a useful phrase:
"Parlez-Vous Anglaise"

Old 24 May 2002, 13:24 (Ref:294911)   #34
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Thanks Adam I will remember that one but I think I will try the fax route first.
Old 24 May 2002, 14:03 (Ref:294984)   #35
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
Here's a useful phrase: "Parlez-Vous Anglaise"
Sorry Adam, but the correct one is "Parlez-vous Anglais" : there's an "e" in excess !

Don't worry : they seem to speak perfectly well english. I'm french, and I've no news of my grandstand tickets as well ... little bit nervous, as you can imagine... and the Nantes office is closed 'till monday afternoon (35 hours of work by week for the secretary)... bad week-end to spend !
Old 24 May 2002, 14:33 (Ref:295044)   #36
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not wishing to sound cocky, but all of our tickets have arrived safely.
I can sleep easy tonight.
just got to find the tent now and hope I dried it out when I got home last year.
Old 24 May 2002, 15:02 (Ref:295080)   #37
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!

Quote:
Originally posted by Nordic
Not wishing to sound cocky, but all of our tickets have arrived safely.
I can sleep easy tonight.
just got to find the tent now and hope I dried it out when I got home last year.
Lucky guy ! My consolation : the race will start for everyone, including those without - grandstands -tickets !
Old 27 May 2002, 12:04 (Ref:297414)   #38
theracegypsy
Veteran

theracegypsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
See you all there, will be getting Tues night boat from Portsdmouth travelling with an Ameriacan friend.
Sign on midday Weds (poste 61) and then hit Carrrefour Lemans befor e night practice.
Will try to get out to Anarge, and will drop in on P106 for a chat sometime.
see you
Old 27 May 2002, 14:52 (Ref:297571)   #39
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Hello mr gypsy bob b
is 61 2nd chicane or hump bit? can never remember.
Whatever, hope to see you at 106 (first gap left in armco after arnage) or meself and w-w will take a tour round to 61 in that bluddy fast car of his.
Free time is always so limited what with trips to Carrefour, village, pitlane, drivers parade, other posts and then the marshalling bit.
Friday pm before town centre visit may still be free on the dance card.
Sillytoes - well, I don't think we'll let him wander too far, I mean lets face it he's the Father Jack of marshalling. (does that make me Dougal?)
Old 28 May 2002, 20:58 (Ref:298844)   #40
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Very good to see the marshalls represented here by theracegypsy and bodysnatcher. Are there any other marshals out there who will be doing their stuff at Le Mans?
Old 29 May 2002, 10:15 (Ref:299305)   #41
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Ayse, you missed Peter Scillitoe, (our sacrificial virgin for poste 106) page one of this thread, tho how anybody could miss sillytoes is beyond me.
Other than that I don't think any other 10/10th marshals are doing it.
A good place to catch us will be at the drivers parade, we stake out the bar at the corner were the transport information office is (this is the bit where the parade goes past twice).
Still praying for dry weather.

Last edited by Bodysnatcher; 29 May 2002 at 10:17.
Old 29 May 2002, 15:18 (Ref:299543)   #42
bigh
Racer

bigh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fab,
If the ACO let you down and don't come up with a grandstand ticket, let me know. It's beginning to look like I might have a couple of spares for Tribune T06.
H
Old 29 May 2002, 16:42 (Ref:299605)   #43
yorks-stella
Rookie

yorks-stella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hiya, new to this. we'll be getting to campsite Bleu Thurs. going across the wata Sunday tho, cant wait now.
Old 29 May 2002, 20:34 (Ref:299810)   #44
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Okley dokley, welcome to yorks-stella and my apologies for missing Peter!!

(And I'm still praying for sunshine as well. I have been good this year, honest......)
Old 29 May 2002, 20:54 (Ref:299830)   #45
Alan Green
Veteran

England
Doncaster
Alan Green should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't post on here very often, but I too will be marshalling at Le Mans this year, my first time as an official. After taking advise I'll be on the mulsanne with other Brits (can't remember post number now). Travelling Wednesday early-am to get organised in time for Wednesday qualifying.

Look forward to meeting some of you there.

Alan
Flag Marshal - Croft, Donington, Cadwell, etc...
Old 30 May 2002, 10:45 (Ref:300215)   #46
ginettag27
Racer

ginettag27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alan where you at Cadwell Park last weekend?

Note, the "Quick Burger" in town has closed down :-(

Around the circuit there are also the late night 'Churros' stands as well - definitely well worth a purchase when it gets cold!!

We've got 2 grandstand tickets available with us, as people have dropped out... it's in T-4 or something like that, not in the ACO grandstand as asked, but in the one next to it (although I'm sure from my visit at PreQual it hadn't been built yet!!) it's opposite the pit exit and should have a good view of the Big Screen there so won't miss a thing. For sale at Face Value, £50 ea. Mail me, 1st one gets them.

see you all there

EPS

Last edited by ginettag27; 30 May 2002 at 10:49.
Old 30 May 2002, 11:13 (Ref:300245)   #47
hgb
Racer

hgb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alan, where at Mulsanne will you be ? On the left side of the track or the right side, before, in or behind the corner ?
Old 30 May 2002, 12:04 (Ref:300296)   #48
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
The recent usual post for Brits is at what was the hump - can't remember the number - on the infield.
Good luck Alan - I'll probably drop by at some point on Friday to see some of the others.
I think all of the 106 squad are on the 6.21 shuttle weds morning

Last edited by Bodysnatcher; 30 May 2002 at 12:05.
Old 30 May 2002, 17:11 (Ref:300560)   #49
Alan Green
Veteran

England
Doncaster
Alan Green should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ginettag27: I was at Croft last weekend for the F3/GT meeting (or the 'how to avoid a thunderstorm overhead and the sliding minis on the track' meeting). I'm at Cadwell next for the JCC meeting in July.

Everyone else, I don't know what post I'm on at Le Mans, I just asked for a post with other English marshals. When I get the details, I'll let you know.

Thanks for the best wishes. Hope to meet some of you there.
ALAN.
Old 30 May 2002, 18:39 (Ref:300670)   #50
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Good to hear from you, Alan - make sure you pop back again - soon!

It'd be good to hear about some of the marshalls experiences/exploits when we all get back.